Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Anyone mess with Clae? Been looking at these Strayhorn Vibram boots but dont know how clae sizing is. Can anyone fill me in on sizing?

Anyone mess with Clae? Been looking at these Strayhorn Vibram boots but dont know how clae sizing is. Can anyone fill me in on sizing?

Those look great! If you cop, let me know on sizing. I might scoop them since they look like a great winter alternative to Clarks DBs.

I own about 5 pairs of Clae shoes. Very good quality. I don't know how they are now, I brought them back in 2007.

TTS

Last edited:
Clark DB's in winter used to have my feet freezing. Unless they redesigned them, that unlined upper isn't good for the cold. I guess they're DESERT boots after all

Clark DB's in winter used to have my feet freezing. Unless they redesigned them, that unlined upper isn't good for the cold. I guess they're DESERT boots after all
this.

I think I wrote what I was trying to say wrong. I was saying that Clarks are good in the fall but not in the winter, so those Clae boots would work for winter while still looking like Clarks. :wow:

Heard from Lian that the September 4th batch should be shipping out October 4th. However, he's a few days behind, so may take a few extra days.

Also, AE is having a sale til the 13th on most of their shoes. That means the shoebank prices are even lower. Park Ave, Fifth Ave, McGregors, Stands, etc etc are $200-219. Daltons are $249. I'm definitely copping a pair of Daltons if not anything else.

Details on AE sale?

I might order double monks

Heard from Lian that the September 4th batch should be shipping out October 4th. However, he's a few days behind, so may take a few extra days.

Also, AE is having a sale til the 13th on most of their shoes. That means the shoebank prices are even lower. Park Ave, Fifth Ave, McGregors, Stands, etc etc are $200-219. Daltons are $249. I'm definitely copping a pair of Daltons if not anything else.

Details on AE sale?

I might order double monks

I think he is talking about this: http://shoebank.com/

Regular AE sale can be found at nordstrom http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/allen-edmonds

what is the difference between a brooks brothers AE vs AE? are they made in different places?

thanks!

exactly the same but Brooks is better since it comes with a rubber topy sole (this is provided that you can attain both at same price point)

Brooks ain't worth the retail price

what is the difference between a brooks brothers AE vs AE? are they made in different places?

thanks!
I heard the Brooks models were on sale for $169 from the shoe bank.  I think some have a poron insole, in addition to the topy as Queeze mentioned.

Has anyone tried the Grana chinos? The slim fit ones sound promising with the 14.2 inch leg opening.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom