Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Those Balmain pieces are nice. Not sure I'll be able to cop anything since I'm far from H&M. I remember someone posted about a Balmain biker pants alternative that was decently priced? Info? 
nerd.gif

Also, if anyone was looking at some Chelseas for ~$100 (entry level), Banana Republic Ty Chelsea boots in black, walnut, and cognac. Use BRSAVE for promo code. They also got a camel topcoat for <$200. 

normal.jpg

Good deals for skinny jeans right now. Quality is good too, made in the USA. If you want to cop, go true to size. Put a measuring tape around your belly button and that should work...go with that size. For what it's worth, the Mick is the same sizing as the new J. Crew 484 fit and Naked & Famous Skinny Guy. Leg opening on size 32 is around 6.5".

Use OCT25 for additional 20-25 percent off I forget which.

http://www.jbrandjeans.com/mick/d/4485

http://www.jbrandjeans.com/d/4464

Shouldn't be more than $70 shipped for either, depending on your state's tax.

Repped, couldn't pass on that second pair for $56.

Got the Uniqlo joints back from the tailor today, they're cool for what the are. Hopefully these J Brands will be an adequate replacement for the Kanye's I sold.

Good deals for skinny jeans right now. Quality is good too, made in the USA. If you want to cop, go true to size. Put a measuring tape around your belly button and that should work...go with that size. For what it's worth, the Mick is the same sizing as the new J. Crew 484 fit and Naked & Famous Skinny Guy. Leg opening on size 32 is around 6.5".

thanks for providing this, thinking about the Mick in Yale but can't figure out if it's black or dark navy. i assume navy based off the school's colors

Last edited:
I need to slow down on the squats. Getting hard to find jeans that fit right, but I'll give these jbrand a try. Thanks for the info

Last edited:
Does anyone have any suggestions for a decent looking pair of dress shoes for sub $200?

Before anyone suggest to spend more for a pair of AEs from shoebank or meermin, these shoes will be used almost daily as everyday dress shoes. Out here in NYC where you do a lot of walking on cement, the heels wear out extremely quickly. Let's not get started on the rain / snow either.

Best option IMO would be to completely resole the shoes with rubber or add a top piece. Suggesstions please? Reps will be given as usual.

For under 200, you'd most likely have to settle for something like Calvin Klein or Florsheim

Does anyone have any suggestions for a decent looking pair of dress shoes for sub $200?

Before anyone suggest to spend more for a pair of AEs from shoebank or meermin, these shoes will be used almost daily as everyday dress shoes. Out here in NYC where you do a lot of walking on cement, the heels wear out extremely quickly. Let's not get started on the rain / snow either.

Best option IMO would be to completely resole the shoes with rubber or add a top piece. Suggesstions please? Reps will be given as usual.
1901 line from Nordstrom. Retail is around $100.

J. Crew's line with rubber sole is also good on sale. These two are my rotation at work. Both were $100 each. I also use them to go to lounges and clubs since they get stepped on.

Follow up: the code for is 25% off and it's good until tomorrow, Oct. 8. 

how often do they have these sales?
If you sign up for their newsletter, you get a 10% off code too. You can't stack but it may help if you can't decide by tomorrow. They have sales here and there. J Brand is a quality brand (I would say it's on par with Rag and Bone (even after the acquisition). Their profit margin is high since they are sold at many places ie Nordstrom, Neiman, etc. Everyone that touches the stuff gets a cut. Even at the sale prices, they are above breaking even.

Follow up: the code for is 25% off and it's good until tomorrow, Oct. 8. 

I love Jbrand. They're stechable however you will need to go tts for skinny. Slim fit, you may want to size done.
For what it's worth, I also take the same size in the Kane (slim straight) and Tyler (slim). I can't size down at all.

If you sign up for their newsletter, you get a 10% off code too. You can't stack but it may help if you can't decide by tomorrow. They have sales here and there. J Brand is a quality brand (I would say it's on par with Rag and Bone (even after the acquisition). Their profit margin is high since they are sold at many places ie Nordstrom, Neiman, etc. Everyone that touches the stuff gets a cut. Even at the sale prices, they are above breaking even.

For what it's worth, I also take the same size in the Kane (slim straight) and Tyler (slim). I can't size down at all.
would you compare jbrand to AG in terms of quality, texture and fitting?  those are the brands i normally see at bloomingdales, nordstrom/nordstrom rack that I like and see myself wearing.  I own a couple of AG pants in 'matchbox' (slim fit).  I was so lazy and tired that I didn't bother to try out some Jbrand stuff to get an idea of how it'd fit.    

I tried the kooples, rag and bones and was trying to find APC Dark navy but couldn't unfortunately (maybe it was not for me).

I don't know, fam. 

chappelle-shrug-o.gif

I did manage to see Draymond green at the rack in palo alto, lol.  

Back
Top Bottom