Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Wallet - Chester Mox:

Got one a few years ago

Held up really well this far

I think it may be a straight tip of Makr though

The best wallet/card holder I've ever had is the Louis Vuitton Pocket Organiser. Slim, plenty of slots for cards, etc. Using a Goyard card holder right now and hate it (not enough slots). Have a Goyard wallet and hate that too because it's too damn fat and my pants are too damn tight :smh:

May have to pick this up just to be ignorant though...

Anybody have any experience with Gordon Rush shoes? The full line one's made in Italy, not the Rush by Gordon Rush line. Wondering if $200 is a fair price for Oxfords, apparently retail is $400.

Anybody have any experience with Gordon Rush shoes? The full line one's made in Italy, not the Rush by Gordon Rush line. Wondering if $200 is a fair price for Oxfords, apparently retail is $400.
poor quality

one of those situations that they show a retail and are priced on sale to make you think they a good deal. trust when I say you'll never see them on the floor for that $400 price point. only ever seen at outlet spots like Nordstrom rack. poor quality man.

for $200, go meermin. trust me.

poor quality

one of those situations that they show a retail and are priced on sale to make you think they a good deal. trust when I say you'll never see them on the floor for that $400 price point. only ever seen at outlet spots like Nordstrom rack. poor quality man.

Thanks yea that definitely makes sense, seen em on the Nordstrom rack app 
laugh.gif

Do you have any recommendations on a AE/Alden quality oxford or wingtip with a less bulbous toe than the aforementioned? 

Last edited:

poor quality

Thanks yea that definitely makes sense, seen em on the Nordstrom rack app :lol:

Do you have any recommendations on a AE/Alden quality oxford or wingtip with a less bulbous toe than the aforementioned? 
The problem is that the two brands you mentioned are both american heritage which are classically more "bulbous" versus sleeker lasted european makers. This is why I heavily push Meermin and even Loake for "sexier" options.

However, though minimal, if you find AE's on the "3 last", it is their most chiseled option. My neumora double monks (copped years ago) are an absolute favorite of mine and I fully intend to recraft once the sole fails me as I love the shoe that much.

Ah yea I didn't even consider the influence of tradition and heritage. Thanks again man really helpful. Going to check out Meermin and Loake.

Probably been asked b4 but anybody in NYC know a good spot for denim and khaki tapering? Thinking bout goin to Denim Surgeon but not trying to pay $55 or is that reasonable? Help a noob out.

I agree with what was mentioned above, I got a pair of double monks for a steal cause my friends sister worked for them and after one wear at a wedding the leather completely dried out and cracked at the toe. Was able to fix it with a little conditioner but you can still see the damage done up closely. Other than that they are comfortable but unless you're getting them for the low low I would advise against.

Back
Top Bottom