Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Start my banking job tomorrow... gotta wear suit/tie everyday. I have 3 suits and a bunch of shirts and ties. How many suits do you guys have in rotation ?
Only 2 on my end.

That's more than enough, assuming you covered the 2 staples: navy + charcoal/dark gray.

Start my banking job tomorrow... gotta wear suit/tie everyday. I have 3 suits and a bunch of shirts and ties. How many suits do you guys have in rotation ?
I have probably 10 suits. I no longer wear them on a daily basis, haven't in a year or so. I left a job where I sat all day long.

Those are probably Carmina but as @wj4 stated the Meermin pair are a great option.
You will get hit with custom charges as the shipping ($35) brings them to $210. To give you an idea I received 3 pairs from Meermin 2 weeks ago and was only charged $39 in customs charges. For 1 pair I've paid around $14-17.
Damn. They are Carminas :lol: I was wondering why they look familiar. Haven't worn mine in a year probably.

And yes, the Meermins are a more cost friendly alternative. I think I paid around $7-800 for them.

I just bought three suits last weekend bringing my total of suits that I don't think are absolute crap to six. Really shooting for ten. I have to wear a suit every day so its worth it to me.

How's the international charges and customs?

From their website..........................If you stay under $200 there won't be any.

"Spanish VAT (Sales TAX - 21%) is automatically deducted on orders outside the European Union. However, any customs fees and/or local taxes are the buyer’s responsibility. All orders from outside the European Union will be billed in US Dolar (USD). Please note that it is against our policy to write down value of any shipped goods in order to avoid customs.

Please note that, since we do deduce the Spanish VAT in advance for all non EU orders, Meermin is not responsible of possible customs taxes to be applied upon arrival of the packages to the final destination.

If you have any further questions about VAT and VAT deduction, please feel free to email us at info@meermin.es"

Thanks Fam really appreciate the info.

Can anyone help locate these sort of wingtip in the same color tone...i think these may be some allens a bit over my price range...any help would be great thanks!

Those are probably Carmina but as @wj4 stated the Meermin pair are a great option.

From their website..........................If you stay under $200 there won't be any.

"Spanish VAT (Sales TAX - 21%) is automatically deducted on orders outside the European Union. However, any customs fees and/or local taxes are the buyer’s responsibility. All orders from outside the European Union will be billed in US Dolar (USD). Please note that it is against our policy to write down value of any shipped goods in order to avoid customs.

Please note that, since we do deduce the Spanish VAT in advance for all non EU orders, Meermin is not responsible of possible customs taxes to be applied upon arrival of the packages to the final destination.

If you have any further questions about VAT and VAT deduction, please feel free to email us at info@meermin.es"

You will get hit with custom charges as the shipping ($35) brings them to $210. To give you an idea I received 3 pairs from Meermin 2 weeks ago and was only charged $39 in customs charges. For 1 pair I've paid around $14-17.

Good Looking man!

I have probably 10 suits. I no longer wear them on a daily basis, haven't in a year or so. I left a job where I sat all day long.

Damn. They are Carminas :lol: I was wondering why they look familiar. Haven't worn mine in a year probably.

And yes, the Meermins are a more cost friendly alternative. I think I paid around $7-800 for them.

Man i love they way they look with the blue just got me a full suit in that color :smokin

Hey, DB fam, in regards to common projects Chelsea's, do they run TTS? I've read varying accounts from order a size down to TTS. Just looking for input. @hennesy

^If you can try on a pair of Achilles somewhere they fit the same. Otherwise, I think the general consensus is order a size down. Which pair you looking to get btw?

^If you can try on a pair of Achilles somewhere they fit the same. Otherwise, I think the general consensus is order a size down. Which pair you looking to get btw?

Looking at the tan pair. Just can't resist any longer!

Nice man! The tan are my favorites and the new pair has the more durable crepe sole. Mine are just sitting in my closet for now until my khaki are completely beat. Can't wait to break them out though :pimp:

$1000 is a healthy budget if you're willing to go used.

You can find an older Breitling Colt or Tag Heuer Aquaracer in that range.

Tissot and Hamilton are also nice options.

Watch U Seek will be your friend... Google it. Great used timepieces from trustworthy sellers.

Nice man! The tan are my favorites and the new pair has the more durable crepe sole. Mine are just sitting in my closet for now until my khaki are completely beat. Can't wait to break them out though
pimp.gif
man, they'll be a perfect summer staple. Can't wait until they arrive.

I think I paid more. But this was a few years ago when that 25% off jcrew coupon got leaked.

Back
Top Bottom