Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Missed out on that United Arrows GAP x GQ Kimono jacket. Can anyone point me in the right direction of a similar looking one around the same price? Tried doing some googling, but I was hoping people in here had some recommendations. Thanks!

Really kicking myself about not getting the RL shearling on sale a few seasons ago...was on stupid discount.

Will be on the lookout for one end of winter season...

Kinda like that trucker. Price gonna be :sick:

http%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2017%2F06%2Flevis-made-crafted-off-white-2017-fall-winter-preview-1.jpg

Anyone in here from SoCal? If so, how do you guys dress during the fall and winter?

Do they even have a fall and winter out here?

Moving from VA, I have a feeling I won't be needing any of my down jackets anytime soon.

Anyone in here from SoCal? If so, how do you guys dress during the fall and winter?

Moving from VA, I have a feeling I won't be needing any of my down jackets anytime soon.

Haven't been on TAN lately. I'm assuming you got the transfer? Congrats. You're leaving right before this area gets cold as ****.

Haven't been on TAN lately. I'm assuming you got the transfer? Congrats. You're leaving right before this area gets cold as ****.
Yeah, man. Out here and getting settled. Happy I won't be freezing to death lol. But I am going to miss the cold, since I enjoy winter.

we don't have seasons out here lol. Put it this way, when it's cold girls wear a beanie, tank top, shorts, and uggz lmao.

I lived in SoCal for a while and found the "It never rains, it never gets cold" to be a complete myth. It definitely gets cold (for California standards) at night during "winter", similar to the Bay Area, especially depending on which part you live in. For example, Redondo Beach can sometimes be 10 degrees colder than the more inland LA cities. This is a huge benefit during the summer, where downtown LA can reach 100+ while the coastal cities will be much more comfortable

There are many days during "winter" in LA where it's low-mid 50s, which again, for us California people, is cold :lol:

On a side note, I had to go to Nebraska for work last winter, where it was 7 degrees. I came back to 50 degree California winter and almost kissed the ground in happiness

Last edited:
I'm convinced ppl from Cali don't sweat.
Especially the fashionistas. Wearing ****ing leather in the summer.

That one summer where the Kanye clones were out here wearing leather skinny jeans and Timbs...It had to have been 90+ when I saw someone wearing that fit at the Santa Cruz beach boardwalk :rofl:

i think socal when i think Cali

the bay area is a different beast when it comes to da weather

Not really. Outside of SF and Daly City, Bay Area weather is pretty nice and similar to LA. Even SF's relatively trash weather is better than anywhere in the country outside of SoCal.

Also there’s some LA brand that that jalepenojapejape cat vouches for that I’ve been meaning to check out.

I think they have a NT account?

San Diego and Santa Barbara are top 2 in the country for weather.

Not really. Outside of SF and Daly City, Bay Area weather is pretty nice and similar to LA. Even SF's relatively trash weather is better than anywhere in the country outside of SoCal.

San Diego and Santa Barbara are top 2 in the country for weather.

Agreed with Santa Barbara (lived there for 4 years before moving to LA and SD for a bit). SD gets too hot for me during the summer, but SB had the perfect weather year round. The most you ever needed at night during the "winter" was a sweater, but every other season, you could be out walking around at 1 AM and be comfortable in a T shirt. I think there were maybe 2-3 days combined of very hot/very cold weather during my 4 years there

I don't know if I could live there permanently though. Between the ages of 21 and 70, there's no life there for me :lol: I still go down there once in a while to walk around State Street for nostalgia purposes, but after 4 years of living there, I was glad to leave. Most of the population is made up of either drunk college bros or retired people

Last edited:
How did Grana become the norm for basic shirts?

And Suit Supply for suits?

Are there any other references for specific "default" sites.

Like say thetiebar for ties, and happysocks for socks, etc.

Where is your go to for button ups, watches, etc.

Back
Top Bottom