Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Anyone have anything from Cotton Citizen? Was checking out their cobain joggers. Is it worth the price?

How’s all saints’ leather jackets?

They're ok; elitists might hate on them, but my jackets have held up pretty well over the past few years with regular wear and always get compliments from people in public. Just don't by them at retail; they have occasional sales where you can buy them for ~250 rather than the retail price

Their American sizing is pretty big though; definitely go one size down if you're in shape. I bought my regular size, and while the arms fit, the torso was too wide for my taste. I went one size down on my next jacket, and while it was a little tight at first, it stretched out to a perfect fit (some people do this with all leather jackets though, so I'm not sure if it's a specific issue with All Saints)

Burberry

tumblr_p2yxb3b2Hz1qcnm4eo1_1280.jpg

My last shoe pick-up for a while

Meermin's price will increase because they have now had to pay import fees to sell in the states. They pass that increase onto the US consumers but as shogun shogun had mentioned, saving a bit more on shipping now.

Meermin's price in-store for their Classic line is $195. With taxes they come out to about $212, or about $2 higher than online. Not bad, frankly. Also, Meermin should have a US-based site (with US Stock) within the next 2 months. In addition, they will now take returns/exchanges at their NYC store vs. having them sent to Spain.

Are chelsea boots played out ? I’m kinda interested in getting some common projects still even if they’re played. What’s a good price for a pair ? And what’s a good way to stay in the loop for sales ?

Also, what’s another good shoe style to wear when wanting to dress up a bit from sneakers but still staying casual, seems like some suede Chelsea boots would fit the bill, but looking for some other alternatives/suggestions as well

I know their classic, but I’m speaking more in terms of the hypebeasts/people following trends. Seems like the chelsea boot trend has died down. I don’t mind it at all since I’m trying to get a good price on a pair

Are chelsea boots played out ? I’m kinda interested in getting some common projects still even if they’re played. What’s a good price for a pair ? And what’s a good way to stay in the loop for sales ?

Also, what’s another good shoe style to wear when wanting to dress up a bit from sneakers but still staying casual, seems like some suede Chelsea boots would fit the bill, but looking for some other alternatives/suggestions as well

If you're simply looking to follow trends, they're probably at the point of peak saturation/adoption, meaning they're way past the hypebeasts. As someone mentioned though, they are a classic boot. If you'd like to get a pair of Common Projects, right now is the time. Check Mr. Porter. If the US site doesn't have them, switch the "destination country" to the UK. They'll still deliver to the US, but have a different stock.

Currently trying to re-do my wardrobe after landing a new job and generally just want to do a bit better with my work wardrobe. However, I'm having some issues with picking shoes. I currently own three dress shoes, but 2/3 are pretty sub-standard shoes that I'll get rid of upon starting the new position and the third are Allen Edmonds Fifth Avenue in Dark Chili. Now I've been debating on what color the second pair of shoes in my rotation will be: black or oxblood/merlot?
Thoughts?
I'm looking for something that I can wear with just about anything in an office setting (charcoal or navy pants/suit).

Black no question. Black is the "go to" or all purpose. Depending on the condition of your AE's they can easily pass as brown. Once you are all settled in then I would venture our for maybe a oxblood/merlot.

Currently trying to re-do my wardrobe after landing a new job and generally just want to do a bit better with my work wardrobe. However, I'm having some issues with picking shoes. I currently own three dress shoes, but 2/3 are pretty sub-standard shoes that I'll get rid of upon starting the new position and the third are Allen Edmonds Fifth Avenue in Dark Chili. Now I've been debating on what color the second pair of shoes in my rotation will be: black or oxblood/merlot?
Thoughts?
I'm looking for something that I can wear with just about anything in an office setting (charcoal or navy pants/suit).

Keep it simple. A dark brown captoe. Maybe even a double-monk. Meermin is a good place to start.

I know their classic, but I’m speaking more in terms of the hypebeasts/people following trends. Seems like the chelsea boot trend has died down. I don’t mind it at all since I’m trying to get a good price on a pair
whatever you do just don't tuck your jeans in to them

Back
Top Bottom