Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Also, to my gents who have articles made out of wool/cashmere/silk, I would highly suggest you box up the tops and use moth repellent of some sort. Several years ago, I had my Polo sweater chewed to death by those guys. Ever since then, I use clear container boxes to house all of my tops and use moth balls. I also put the moth repellant bags in my suits when they're hung up. I'm not sure if they do anything though since they're not in an enclosed space :lol:
Also, I'm not sure if this is anyone's style, but Chelsea boots are highly underrated. They look good with chinos or proper trousers. And no lacing required :lol:
tumblr_m8o0nuICD81rux7jzo2_1280.jpg

Chelsea boots are appreciated....but those Trickers :x (in a good way)
Ready for fall to come, so I can break out my boots and cop some new pairs

I'm 5'7 and 140 lbs. I'm slim but have an athletic build. I never have problems finding pants that fit well but shirts are always tough to get right because my chest/shoulders/back are much wider than my abs/waist (30). If you could recommend some brands of shirts that would be a good fit for me I'd appreciate it. Like that shirt I'm wearing there is a Hugo Boss shirt and it's a size small. It's longer than I'd like but about the best I've been able to find :\ A positive is that it doesn't go longer than the crotch area of my jeans like a normal dress shirt might. I always. I don't mind fit as much on dress shirts because I can get them tailored and they are tucked in but it's tough to find more casual shirts the right size (especially in length).

I have the same problem as you. I'm 5'8 150 and athletic, and my body shape is frustrating as hell. Normal width shoulders and chest, huge taper from my chest down, and then a 32'' waist :smh: It's like I'm a damn female or something:lol: I always have to get my shirts' sides taken in at the tailor. For shirts that are too long, you can tell your tailor to cut the shirt at the bottom. I've converted a bunch of dress shirts into casual shirts this way.

Shirt is too big overall. The sleeves are too long that they bunch up at your wrists. The length is too long to wear untucked. The width of the shirt is too wide. The width of the sleeves also appear to be too wide. The appearance of a wife beater under is unflattering.
I have no issues with stacking of raw denim, that's a preference thing.
THIS

- needs a slim cut shirt

- wrong shoes, too dark

- tuck  that shirt in ...any shirt that has buttons NEEDS to be tucked in.

- get a haircut 

- pics of your girl

decided the grey longwings were too dark so i went to take em back
turns out nordstrom didn't care if i swapped them out with a pair that never hit the anniversary sale :D
busted them out today with a pair of AE laces

If you can find it in store. Chances are people will flock to Target on release date and sell out with quickness.

My fit with the the Arenas from Friday. Found a mirror when I checked into the hotel with my girl.
I know some of you have complained about the length of my denim and the stacking. Just know that this is raw denim I've been working on for 8 months now. They haven't been washed yet or had any alterations made. I usually cuff, but it looked odd with the cobalt color of the sneakers so there was too much stacking as a result. They will fit perfect once I get alterations done, however, I'm not quite ready to take that step yet :smile: Thanks for the comments.
Justin Long is an NTer?
:nthat:

Last edited:
Speaking of Target, JC Pennys has a nice men's section I suggest NTer's looking to up their wardrobe take advantage of the clearance sells that go on around this time.
Get some of last season's stuff at a ridiculously low price. 

Actually copped about 6 pairs of dress pants for $12.99 each that were originally marked up at $100-$140 
pimp.gif

Nah, you get enough confidence and you can do a sloppy tuck (it helps if you look like Beckham too).
34o82uu.jpg

2cc0h5.jpg

2q226j6.jpg
David Beckham who can wear whatever and I also disagree that a shirt has to be tucked in if it has buttons BUT a major difference is the length (and overall fit) of his shirts.  If he did that with a shirt as long as the Balenciaga wearer, it'd look sloppy.  Just wanted to make that distinction in case some impressionable kids think they can get away with it.

Nah, you get enough confidence and you can do a sloppy tuck (it helps if you look like Beckham too).
34o82uu.jpg

2cc0h5.jpg

2q226j6.jpg

Are these lanvins? Can you guys enlighten me with more cap toe sneakers that have similar shape to these? Right now I'm limited to Jack Purcells and RLs but want to step up plus they're comfy on my flat feet. Thanks in Advance!

would you guys Disown me if I copped some Prada America Cups, lol I mean I dont care I had some back in the day Super comfy, :frown:

Are these lanvins? Can you guys enlighten me with more cap toe sneakers that have similar shape to these? Right now I'm limited to Jack Purcells and RLs but want to step up plus they're comfy on my flat feet. Thanks in Advance!
Yeah those are the suede and patent leather Lanvin.

Those Lanvins are nice...been looking for a clean sneaker for a while, and I might add those to my list.

So I have a question, with the fall and winter approaching, what type of boots are best? If it makes a difference I live in NY and the winters are cold and usually good amounts of snow.

So I have a question, with the fall and winter approaching, what type of boots are best? If it makes a difference I live in NY and the winters are cold and usually good amounts of snow.

I too live in New York so I should hopefully be able to help you. Just a quick question, are you asking in regards to what boots are best in terms of a boot you can wear when wearing a suit or slacks or boots with the intention of keeping your feet warm and dry but can still wear with jeans or cords?

If you are looking for something dressy look for something with a rubber sole, preferably a dainite sole or commando sole. Wet and icy concrete plus leather soles are not a good mix. Also if the shoes are made out of leather remember to apply water repellent and/or a coat of shoe wax.

Dainite Sole

Commando Sole

Warmth and dryness: Try to find something sleek and lined, I personally recommend Cole Haan's winter boots. They are incredible warm and waterproof. Our winter as you know was mild last year so didn't get any wear. During winter I always feel that staying warm and dry is more important than style, especially in regards to shoes. Usually if I leave a pair of dress shoes at work or take one with me to work so that I can change once I get to work.

Hope this helps! And more on my blog regarding this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom