Dressing Better Vol 2.0

THIS

- needs a slim cut shirt

- wrong shoes, too dark

- tuck  that shirt in ...any shirt that has buttons NEEDS to be tucked in.

- get a haircut 

- pics of your girl
laugh.gif
I appreciate the advice on dressing but I can style my own hair.

Not sure why pics of my girl are relevant in this thread but here you go...

And to the dude that said he didn't know Justin Long was an NTer...

roll.gif
Repped just because this dude actually responded with a picture of his girl lol.

The Odin Desert Boots and that bag...oh my

The clothes are pretty nice too. If I get them, I get them. I'm not going to fight anyone at Target. Period.

whats a nice pair of casual boots style to rock these days ? not a fan of red wings since i find them too chunky/bulky looking.

guess it would be desert boots ?

whats a nice pair of casual boots style to rock these days ? not a fan of red wings since i find them too chunky/bulky looking.
guess it would be desert boots ?

Are you asking what the trend is right now? The question is simply too broad.

Me personally, my Guidi boots are my go to casual pair. It isn't your typical boots that can be worn with chinos or regular denim.
16hurlw.jpg

Any other time, I tend to wear my Paul Smith Ricard boots.
v75t0o.jpg

Alden Indy is always a good choice too.
e9t5s7.jpg

71oapv.jpg

Also got this Alden boots for more "formal" casual type of clothing?
29zrgbb.jpg

Got some tan suede Paul Smith chukkas and one with dainite sole too.
2m295vt.jpg

2mdh44y.jpg

rfx, you're right. my statement was too broad. let me zero in on it a bit. i like to wear my boots like how you wore your paul smith's. but since those are paul smith's they are probably pretty expensive. so i guess i'm looking for suitable style boots that would go well with that pant leg tucked in look that won't break the bank either as i'm looking more for a style that i like. brand doesn't really matter.

thanks

Whats your pricepoint though?

Paul Smith Ricards is a pretty simple pair of boots.
xqgv7r.jpg

For around $250, the Wolverine Montgomery is a good option: http://www.revolveclothing.com/DisplayProduct.jsp?product=WOLV-MZ1&c=Boots&s=C&d=h
Granted it isn't as sleek and low profile as the Paul Smiths but it's a good quality alternative.
If you're going to order from that place, contact them about the 30% off first purchase coupon.
2qk3pt3.jpg
2m64eg8.jpg

If quality really doesn't matter, there should be some Kenneth Coles or BedStu boots that has a similar look for $150-$200.

Last edited:
rfx, i actually like these ronnie feig sebago lighthouse boots. unfortunately it looks like they came out a couple yeas ago. but these days seems like boots are more pointy compared to moc toeish. guess thats the going style right now.

laugh.gif
I appreciate the advice on dressing but I can style my own hair.
Not sure why pics of my girl are relevant in this thread but here you go...
And to the dude that said he didn't know Justin Long was an NTer...

roll.gif
laugh.gif
 The last two were jokes my friend, but repped because you're not uptight and open to constructive criticism.

rfx, i actually like these ronnie feig sebago lighthouse boots. unfortunately it looks like they came out a couple yeas ago. but these days seems like boots are more pointy compared to moc toeish. guess thats the going style right now.

Not sure what you mean by more pointy these days?

Those Ronnie Feig Sebagos has a minimal difference from the regular Sebago lighthouse boots, I'd search just for the lighthouse boots and see if you like the regular version. It'll likely be cheaper too.

I look forward to seeing the next generation of NTers kill casual Fridays in the office. :smokin
I actually want to see these young gents 5 or so years from now. It seems a good amount already has a solid foundation. It just needs a bit of refining as time goes on. They'll also have more disposable income once they become working professionals so that will only help.

I need to know where to get a varsity jacket that fits like Cam's in the second photo. I always find the sleeves to be too big or of low grade leather. The Nike Destroyer jacket has the best leather sleeves but the jack is slightly longer than I like and it has a zipper instead of the classic look with buttons.

I need to know where to get a varsity jacket that fits like Cam's in the second photo. I always find the sleeves to be too big or of low grade leather. The Nike Destroyer jacket has the best leather sleeves but the jack is slightly longer than I like and it has a zipper instead of the classic look with buttons.
Nike and quality leather don't really mesh too well, my man. For a quality varsity, expect to pay at least $300. If Temple of Jawnz (TOJ) ever does varsities again, you should jump on it.

The sleeves in the picture are a bit too tight by the way. I have a lamb leather jacket that fits like that and the only thing I can wear under is a t shirt. Dress/casual shirts won't even fit in the sleeves.

Website of the stuff I talked about: www.http://templeofjawnz.com/

Varsities: http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=7641

Last edited:
Nike and quality leather don't really mesh too well, my man. For a quality varsity, expect to pay at least $300. If Temple of Jawnz (TOJ) ever does varsities again, you should jump on it.
The sleeves in the picture are a bit too tight by the way. I have a lamb leather jacket that fits like that and the only thing I can wear under is a t shirt. Dress/casual shirts won't even fit in the sleeves.

Whats the deal at TOJ? I know they are on hiatus but what is there situation now. I cant figure it out on SF. I keep reading about oxford shirts.

Last edited:
Whats the deal at TOJ? I know they are on hiatus but what is there situation now. I cant figure it out on SF. I keep reading about oxford shirts.
I haven't follow up to the minute since I don't plan on buying anymore leathers soon.

It's essentially a 3 man operation. They've been running the show with no vacation since its birth. I think the only thing you can order now are the trousers. Drew is working on some next level oxford shirts, but it's still a work in progress. I hear the talk of thickest mother of pearl buttons out there with fabrics like Japanese selvedge oxford and handcraft details.

Temple of jawnz, made to measure.

Nvm seems they stopped making varsity jackets

My bad, what I meant by the Nike has the best leather sleeves is that it isn't of very low grade (stiff and tumbled) or synthetic and actually isn't baggy or too tight. Every so often I'd find good fitting varsities that has good fitting sleeves that isn't leather which I'm not fond of since it'll eventually rip/peel.

I was so close to getting an all black TOJ varsity like 2yrs back I think, kind of regret not getting one. :frown:

Back
Top Bottom