Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I'll never be a fan of patterned suits
ohwell.gif

Windowpane, glen plaid, herringbone, pinstripe. How could you not like those?

I guess it's not so much the pattern, but the colors used that I'm often not a huge fan of. I love herringbone and pinstripe. A pinstripe suit was actually my first suit :smile:

Don't forget Prince of Wale! I'm on a hunt for red plaid to make a full suit out of. Need to find the right fabric.

Posting from phone but great couple of pages. Will comment after work :lol:

Lost abt 30 lbs since I last posted in here. Plus I stopped checking the thread bc I spent way too much money buying stuff. But now I'm back w/ a new job that I have to wear a suit everyday for. Besides indochino what are the other MTM sites (I know you guys said em a million times but I forgot). Looking for more durability bc ill be managing a few grocery stores. Just wanna consider all options before I buy a few.

First of congratulations! If you are in LA I know Thick as Thieves has been mentioned and that's who Wis uses. If you are in NYC I know a place that does MTM but they are about double the price of Indochino or Thick as Thieves.

I want a windowpane suit in the following pattern in either brown with black or this blue and black.

http://tsbmen.com/outfits/alex-yampolsky-look-2/31-5/

Lost abt 30 lbs since I last posted in here. Plus I stopped checking the thread bc I spent way too much money buying stuff. But now I'm back w/ a new job that I have to wear a suit everyday for. Besides indochino what are the other MTM sites (I know you guys said em a million times but I forgot). Looking for more durability bc ill be managing a few grocery stores. Just wanna consider all options before I buy a few.
A couple others:

suitsupply.com

blacklapel.com

First of congratulations! If you are in LA I know Thick as Thieves has been mentioned and that's who Wis uses. If you are in NYC I know a place that does MTM but they are about double the price of Indochino or Thick as Thieves.

I want a windowpane suit in the following pattern in either brown with black or this blue and black.

http://tsbmen.com/outfits/alex-yampolsky-look-2/31-5/

:wow: :wow: any info on that suit :nerd: :nerd:

Edit: Upon reading up further on Alex Yampolsky and finding out that he's the head of Sales and Development for Michael Andrews Bespoke then I also found the OG patterns article which details all of the pieces and I saw the suits are MAB. All of the patterned suits in that article were :pimp:

Last edited:

A couple others:

suitsupply.com

blacklapel.com

Yeah I'd highly recommend Suitsupply....its not MTM but they have a bunch of different fits as far as waist suppression....mine fit really well off the rack too for ~380, they have more expensive ones as well

And if you're in NY or DC I'm pretty sure they have stores so you can try everything on before you buy

Last edited:

A couple others:

suitsupply.com

blacklapel.com

Yeah I'd highly recommend Suitsupply....its not MTM but they have a bunch of different fits as far as waist suppression....mine fit really well off the rack too for ~380, they have more expensive ones as well

And if you're in NY or DC I'm pretty sure they have stores so you can try everything on before you buy

As I've stated before, I swear by SuitSupply. Their U.S. stores are in NYC, DC and Chicago. I know the Philadelphia store is opening in Center City in the middle of February and an Atlanta store is opening in Buckhead sometimes in March.

How is black lapel compared to Indochino?

I really like this color. I'm going to need another suit come April so I'm thinking either MTM route again or Suitsupply and take it to a tailor

Last edited:
:wow: :wow: any info on that suit :nerd: :nerd:

Edit: Upon reading up further on Alex Yampolsky and finding out that he's the head of Sales and Development for Michael Andrews Bespoke then I also found the OG patterns article which details all of the pieces and I saw the suits are MAB. All of the patterned suits in that article were :pimp:

I'm a customer of Michael Andrews Bespoke and although they can be pricey they are worth it...it is bespoke after all. The first time you go Bespoke is the most expensive of the times as there is usually a charge included for the basted fitting in where they create a pattern. I know at MAB that runs about $1000 for a 2-piece suit. After that you never again pay for the basted fitting since the pattern is already on file. After that you're looking at anywhere between $1000-$2000 plus for any suit depending on the fabric...honestly the average is about $1000-$1500 for a 2 piece after.

Reps for all who mentioned suit supply

I looked at the site and i think that might be where i get my next suit from them. Anyone ever been to the store? I would rather go there and get the best fitting before getting alterations.

Quick edit: Anyone ever use the in house tailor for getting their suits done?

I know it prob isn't the best place to get a suit from but i got a suit for a funeral a couple years ago at mens warehouse and the guy who was helping me pick out a suit was really pushing me on a fitted look (he was well dressed imo) and when the tailor came he made sure he showed him how it was supposed to look.

Last edited:
Reps for all who mentioned suit supply

I looked at the site and i think that might be where i get my next suit from them. Anyone ever been to the store? I would rather go there and get the best fitting before getting alterations.

Quick edit: Anyone ever use the in house tailor for getting their suits done?

I know it prob isn't the best place to get a suit from but i got a suit for a funeral a couple years ago at mens warehouse and the guy who was helping me pick out a suit was really pushing me on a fitted look (he was well dressed imo) and when the tailor came he made sure he showed him how it was supposed to look.

I've been to the store in NYC and I personally recommend it. Mainly because they have different cuts of suits so you can see which type fits your body/style and make sure you get the correct size. I've also mentioned that sometimes their is a wider selection in the store. I've used the in-house tailor there before and they've always done a great job achieving the fit that I wanted. They also offer while-you-wait tailoring if the alteration is minor. Otherwise it typically takes a few days and you can back and pick it up or they'll mail it to you if you're out of state.

Thx for the advice guys. Unfortunately im in Akron (save the jokes) so there isn't a great selection of big shops. I go to DC often so ill check out SS next time I'm there. I've tried places like Jos and MW but the problem I run into with them is that they don't have my size. I'm 6'5" and abt 195-199 so it's difficult getting sized at an OTR retailer without being stuck with a short jacket or Frankenstein pants that have been doctored up. I'm kinda iffy abt separates but I guess I need to consider that option given my dilemma.

Really want a shawl collar tux jacket.

You and me both. Do you prefer the wider or slimmer collars? I've been putting off the purchase for awhile thinking "When will I ever need a tux?" then low and behold I get invited last minute to a black tie function next week and because it was so last minute, I wouldn't have time to buy a shawl collar tux and get it tailored so I have to wear one of my peak lapel tuxedos. One of my next suit purchases will have to be a navy shawl collar tuxedo.

Thx for the advice guys. Unfortunately im in Akron (save the jokes) so there isn't a great selection of big shops. I go to DC often so ill check out SS next time I'm there. I've tried places like Jos and MW but the problem I run into with them is that they don't have my size. I'm 6'5" and abt 195-199 so it's difficult getting sized at an OTR retailer without being stuck with a short jacket or Frankenstein pants that have been doctored up. I'm kinda iffy abt separates but I guess I need to consider that option given my dilemma.

What size do you typically wear? I'm not sure of your build but at those dimensions I'm going to assume a 42L or 44L? If you purchase a new suit with unhemmed pants, the length shouldn't be an issue. And as I said, I'm not sure of how you're built but I would think that a "long" should have enough length to cover 3/4 of your rear and the sleeve length is dependent upon your wingspan so that I can't say for sure.

I think the issue may be that places like JaB and MW may "offer" suits in your size but they are not constructed and sized the way a good fitting suit of that size should be.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom