Dressing Better Vol 2.0

yeah, i will get those shortened, I was mainly concerned with the overall fit, esp in the body, it making sure it is not a little tight,

Last edited:
thoughts on tie vs PS material?

IE silk tie with cotton pocket square, etc...

I'm inclined to say as long as the colors/patterns go together

EDIT: Anyone use the in-house tailors at Suitsupply NYC?? Going in next week

Last edited:
new pickup, what do ya'll think about the fit? is it on point?
Polo btw.

That looks great man! Like Wisith said, the sleeves are just alittle long but it wouldn't cost much to have them shortened

thoughts on tie vs PS material?

IE silk tie with cotton pocket square, etc...

I'm inclined to say as long as the colors/patterns go together

EDIT: Anyone use the in-house tailors at Suitsupply NYC?? Going in next week
Cotton/seer sucker/madras ties are geared towards the warmer weather. Wool, tweed, etc. are for the colder months. Silk is universal.

No love for Banana Repbulic?
I used to like BR 4 years or so ago, but now they have fallen so behind J. Crew that I rarely buy anything from there. I still pick up accessories, like socks, belts, etc., but that's about it.

Last edited:
Cotton/seer sucker/madras ties are geared towards the warmer weather. Wool, tweed, etc. are for the colder months. Silk is universal.
I used to like BR 4 years or so ago, but now they have fallen so behind J. Crew that I rarely buy anything from there. I still pick up accessories, like socks, belts, etc., but that's about it.

agreed, banana still makes decent stuff on deep discount (sweaters, chinos, accessories). but its all personal preference.

Last edited:
Seem like a young crowd...But, what about those that are older mid 30's to 40's....

Style are different when it comes to age brackets.

I was under the assumption most of us here were in our early 30s or younger, my bad if there is or are members in that range you mentioned as their insight would be beneficial as well. I also think that most of us in here have a style that I would classify as "classic" and that it would transcend generations, as classic works whether you're 20, 30, 40, 50, etc. Having the "younger" crowd I think would be more to give advice on where to buy these classic pieces while not spending an arm and a leg.

I know I'm lightyears late, but I wanted to thank this thread, or whoever mentioned it, for putting the word out there regarding Gap's Lived In khakis. I wouldn't have even tried them on if I didn't recall reading about them here. I bought a couple colors, and now I'm on the hunt for more, as some colors are $21.

I know I'm lightyears late, but I wanted to thank this thread, or whoever mentioned it, for putting the word out there regarding Gap's Lived In khakis. I wouldn't have even tried them on if I didn't recall reading about them here. I bought a couple colors, and now I'm on the hunt for more, as some colors are $21.

You're welcome. :tongue: They're my favorite pair of khakis, I'm actually wearing them right now. :lol:

If you haven't already, check out the Navy & Grey pairs. They're extremely nice!

Last edited:
Small suggestion, not sure if any of you do this already, but I'm gonna start doing this myself....I have 4 suits, lots of shirts and a good amount of ties, but when it comes time to put it together it sometimes takes me ALOT of time to play around with combinations, so I'm gonna start printing small 4x6 photos of different combos, I'm gonna start with the ones I've posted here and continue on...like that I have a visual guide of what certain combos look like :smile:

Just in case anyone hasn't thought of this yet.

I know it might be kinda early to ask this.. but does anyone have any idea when the APC Fall/Winter 2013 line will be available? 8)

Small suggestion, not sure if any of you do this already, but I'm gonna start doing this myself....I have 4 suits, lots of shirts and a good amount of ties, but when it comes time to put it together it sometimes takes me ALOT of time to play around with combinations, so I'm gonna start printing small 4x6 photos of different combos, I'm gonna start with the ones I've posted here and continue on...like that I have a visual guide of what certain combos look like :smile:

That's a pretty good idea actually!

That's a pretty good idea actually!

Kinda reminds me of that old commercial with D Wade and T Mobile when he'd have pics on his phone and they'd rotate through all his shirts, jackets, pants combos :lol: but thats a good idea to save time

I know it might be kinda early to ask this.. but does anyone have any idea when the APC Fall/Winter 2013 line will be available? 8)
Probably around early summer.

Today:

RE: group blog...what will the name be? I was thinking "NTsDB". Other suggests are welcome. Is the 'list' of members official? If so, all should be contacted to see if they want in.

I'm not sure if there is a cap of how many members can join. I Google'd "group blog tumblr" and it showed that there has to be one 'owner' and that owner can invite others to join. Worst case scenario is that we can communicate via emails and someone can copy/paste stuff onto the blog. I'm eager to see how this will do once it launches more than anything.

Probably around early summer.

Today:

RE: group blog...what will the name be? I was thinking "NTsDB". Other suggests are welcome. Is the 'list' of members official? If so, all should be contacted to see if they want in.

man you killed this look.

Thanks, fellas! It's my uniform for when the weather is in the low 70s Fahrenheit.

TypeR: I understand where you're coming from, man. I was thinking that once the blog is up and running, we should just bomb it with a lot of entries (while not compromising the quality of course) just to get it off the ground and not be stagnant.

Man low 70s? That's shorts, polos and boat shoes weather in the northeast lol
One of the reasons I will only visit that region in the summer time :lol:

I'm still wanting to do another leather jacket in purple or bright red (like MJ's Thriller), but always pulled back because they don't get that worn much.

Back
Top Bottom