Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I dont post much but i ask a question here and there but i think if you guys each focus on a different aspect of "dressing better" it would work better than have 10 people just posting aimlessly.

For instance deals and sales, color combinations that work well, thrift shops since they have been a hot topic latley, occasional dress code, and so forth.

Everyone could come together for wdywt type pics and maybe once a week everyone could post their best of the week or whatever you guys come up with. Ill be on the look out either way
This is what I brainstormed to myself too. It would be too hard though as everyone is spread throughout the U.S. with different schedules.

Tumblr runs on pictures, so a big focus should also be putting up decent pictures.

I dig "The Collective"....can someone who is skilled whip up a logo or a sign for us? :lol:

Under Armor socks? This is the DRESSING BETTER thread. C'mon bro.. :x :smh:

It was 25 degrees in NYC today, I more than understand the UA socks.

Jacket is a beaut W.

Now let's get this list down pat first.

As for the name, I guess I was hoping for something a tad more pretentious... ( :lol: ) Since its so many of us sharing one blog, I was thinking of calling it "The Collective" or something along those lines.

I like "The Collective" as I think not many of us besides those on NT and DB will know what NT and DB means. I think "The Collective" is unique and with a brief explanation as our "Tumblr" intro would help everyone else understand who we are. I think Jason should definitely be on the liast.

Lol I was joking..

I like this idea A LOT. and I agree with Adrian that you MUST be part of the group. I am personally thinking:

Wis (career perspective and mid 20s to late 20s perspective)
Adrian (the college perspective)
Carlin (Bama) (like you said a couple years out of school)
UNKNWN (frequent poster with great fits and knowledge)
ksteezy (mid 20s to late 20s and awesome photographer)
RFX (a combination of everything already mentioned plus brings a different style perspective to DB)
And I personally would like to be part of it (career perspective and mid 20s to late 20s perspective)

All this is in addition to the fact that everyone on this list in my opinion, is a frequent poster is knowledgeable and I think we have cover a lot of the regions.

Lastly Wis, I'm going to be in LA from the 16 to the 22nd, want to meet up? The Grove would work for me!

Here's the list so far via Serg... there's a few other guys that wanted to be on including Pinoy and Grizz

I'm Adrian bro :lol:[/quote]

I meant the other Pinoy my man :lol: (TypeRPinoy)

what's up with this quoting!?

Last edited:
Lol I was joking..
:lol: I was serious. I have a quantitative and systematic way of thinking. There are so many issues that have to be discussed before the blog launches like:

Are we going to just post original stuff and no reblogs? if not, what should the ratio be?

How do we get the name out there?

My bad.
This is why I could never join SF.
Some of the elitists are the worst, and their own style is mediocre at best. I only really post in several threads. I really utilize SF for career discussion since a lot of members are extremely successful and are willing to share advices.

Speaking of SF, I'd liek to share this with you all.

WAYWT from my man Bows1 a few days ago. Believe it or not, the shirt he's wearing is probably worth more than some of your shoe collections.

Last edited:
the shirt or the cardigan ? what's so special about it ?

looks like a $50 button up to me. not hating, just saying...

WAYWT from my man Bows1 a few days ago. Believe it or not, the shirt he's wearing is probably worth more than some of your shoe collections.

This is why some dudes on SF are in tremendous amounts of debt buying expensive stuff. Debt for college education...sure, understandable. Debt for car..sure, gets you from A to B. Debt for high end stuff to wear while in college...does not compute.

This is why some dudes on SF are in tremendous amounts of debt buying expensive stuff. Debt for college education...sure, understandable. Debt for car..sure, gets you from A to B. Debt for high end stuff to wear while in college...does not compute.

While what you said is true, he actually got the shirt from a thrift shop in NYC. Turns out it's worth thousands of dollars and is authentic. (It's leather waxed)

INSANE pickup, and we thought Adrian's thrifting luck was good :lol:

I would never spend thousands on just ONE shirt. :lol: I could probably build a solid wardrobe with decent quality items for that amount

That'd be SuFu :lol:

Lol yeah. I thought you guys shortened it even further, then I put it together. Will check StyleForum though.

Wj4, I'd recommend coming up with a few top level navigation tabs. So that when the guys post, they tag and build the page for the said tab. It'll also help visitors filter the main stream. Essentially, the information architecture of the site.

It'll be easy for the content to aggregate and facilitate users to follow by discovery.

My bad if you knew that already, just trying to help where I can lol.

Can u guys help me out. All my shirts are to small at the upper half of my body but too lose at the lower half idk how to explain it.
Here's the only pic I could find that really shows. Idk what is even going on here, but look how the shirt drapes. It's a large btw. It's to small on the shoulders n arms but huge everywhere else what can I do.

Hmmm... that's a tough one man, The best thing for you to do is look for different brands because every brands cut is different.

Polo for example are usually fairly large at the waist, so a polo tee wouldn't work for you.

For regular tees I'd try GAP and J Crew to see how those fit, and for button ups I'd try J Crew, Alfani Slim fit, and Express slim fits.

That's the thing, he probably can't size up because the shirt would look even worse at the bottom

yea i tried a bunch of brands. ive done jcrew, polo, dg, ck. the best quality shirt that fit the best was these target shirts, but as im get leaner, i guess my upper body is still getting bigger lol, because their starting to fit horribly. im a 32in waist but have to buy 34s and get the waist surpressed because of my thighs. I have a really good tailor but im not sure about tapering t shirts lol, is it even worth it?

I don't think so. Slimmer fit is cut higher under the arm and slimmer in the abdominal area. If he sized up it might fit perfectly.

that is a slim fit shirt. and its getting too small on my arms, where im constaqntly having to pull it down so i dont look like those douches. if i go bigger itll fit better on the arms but really loose on my waist. i weigh 190, idk if i should go with a xl shirts and 32 in pants lol. thatll look odd

Last edited:
If it bothers you it's worth it. It's probably a $5 job though. So take a few and save them for times that you wear them out. Not gym shirts or cheap one though.

Back
Top Bottom