Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Shout out to marmourjr for the waxed denim he posted a few weeks ago. I was able to pick them up for $40 using a Nordstrom gift card I had.

Here's a fit pic:

Pic of the denim:

Definitely a fan of them. Only wore them for the first time Saturday and had two people inquire
laugh.gif
Pictures does no justice...These are really nice. 

I'd go with the 7" or 7.5" but that's just my preference :D
Yep. Already talked with A about this and you guys confirmed it.

7 to 7.5" would be the slim side. 8" is great as well especially on heavier cloths to rock with boots and a slight break. Anything under 7" would be too skinny for trousers and nice drape.

Definitely man. I actually really dislike anything over ~7.5"
went with 7. thanks again Wis. I actually have many variances in my closet. Some trousers have a 28" or 29" inseam. Some have 7" - 8" openings. Went with a 28" and 7" for these pants. Might wear the whole suit on Thursday/Friday when I pick it up from my guy just to celebrate. Been meaning to alter these since the summer |I :\

Have anybody take a look at the Saks Fifth Avenue store brand named "Blue"?  It's a comtempary and modern look for the causal evnvironement.  Being that it's very hot in Atlanta, jeans is not the best option.  The Blue has these pants that looks similar to denim, but in it's very very very light weight cotton. They have all type of colors. They're going for $55 at the outlet and $87 online. I purchased several pairs...the Grey Blue and Brown Grey

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...1714249178&cagpspn=pla&site_refer=GGLPRADS001

Their black and red line is nicer.

Anyone feel like the Banana Republic/Mad Men collection is gettin played? feel like those guys can't come up with anything anymore to stay competitive so they stay retroing like Jordan brand does with a lot of its shoes

went with 7. thanks again Wis. I actually have many variances in my closet. Some trousers have a 28" or 29" inseam. Some have 7" - 8" openings. Went with a 28" and 7" for these pants. Might wear the whole suit on Thursday/Friday when I pick it up from my guy just to celebrate. Been meaning to alter these since the summer |I :\
Same here, man. My inseam ranges from like 28" to 32". 28" being no break at all and 32" with some stacking on jeans.

8" isn't as large as one would think. This outfit from Saturday has trousers with 8" opening.

Have anybody take a look at the Saks Fifth Avenue store brand named "Blue"?  It's a comtempary and modern look for the causal evnvironement.  Being that it's very hot in Atlanta, jeans is not the best option.  The Blue has these pants that looks similar to denim, but in it's very very very light weight cotton. They have all type of colors. They're going for $55 at the outlet and $87 online. I purchased several pairs...the Grey Blue and Brown Grey

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...1714249178&cagpspn=pla&site_refer=GGLPRADS001

What's the fit like? Hard to tell from the pics but they look kind of relaxed.

Wis, what do you suggest I do with these pants, when I take them to get altered?

If i'd were you, I'd get it hemmed and maybe taper slightly from knee down.
The taper isn't necessary, though. just depends on your preference of leg opening

Wis, what do you suggest I do with these pants, when I take them to get altered?

If i'd were you, I'd get it hemmed and maybe taper slightly from knee down.
The taper isn't necessary, though. just depends on your preference of leg opening
Agree. All of my trousers are no longer than my legs barefooted. Most cover my ankle bone. A few is barely hovering above the ground (this gives a bit of a break) and a couple are barely grazing my ankle bone (high water stance).

Looks like yours can be shortened a bit. Like Sole said, it depends on your preference. It looks good as is in terms of slimness IMO.

i recently purchased a nicer high end suit (RLBL), and I chose to keep the leg opening as is straight leg with a slight taper..at around 8.5 inches. I just felt it looked more bold..granted the leg opening is not as trim as my other suits 7.5-8 but the high quality wool is almost silky and drapes very nicely. I know a wider leg opening does not get much love on here..but I just thought i'd try something new...something to consider...no one will laugh at you with a conservative leg opening on your trousers...but in a few years these carrot cut razor tapers will be out dated...IMO it personally looks off when a 6ft built guy is rockin a 7inch leg opening...as Wis pointed out, 8inch is not big at all..depending on fabric..it is still slim

with that being said, the smaller leg openings and more sharp tapers look great on most ..I am a slim guy myself 5'8 140-145

Back
Top Bottom