Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Few questions
1. Does a Camo Pocket square look stupid.
camouflage-pocket-square-the-style-blogger-Dan-Trepanier.jpeg

Too matchy-match for me. Olive scarf, olive blazer plus camo pocket square? Jeans looks terrible in that fit too.

2. Does a pocket square in a shirt pocket look stupid.
PNY_SS_MarcusTroy-2923w.jpg

Terrible, really gives a "trying too hard" look.

Nah, hair just need volume. Style them like this:

Is there enough pics of all the angles?
:lol:

thats the look i try to go for, i have the hair and length for it, but no damb patience to comb it the right way....lol

i dead *** comb my hair and attempt to part it with my hands, which NEVER works out...lol

Last edited:
I think you also need to use the right hair product. You need pomade or molding cream or maybe mousse? What do you usually use on your hair?

i use a combination of cream and a little bit of grease i got from the salon i got my haircut in....yes needs blowdrying, the right hair product and patience....all which i don't have :lol:

Love the new fit of the suit! Where are you from? I'm looking for a tailor for my suit as well.
ive posted it a couple times on here but never showed the before and after.
i live in NJ and went to my dude Franco. old italian dude who's been doing this stuff for 50 years lol. basically by Trenton if that means anything to you.
and also to the hair comments, usually i have more volume but kinda rushed my hair this morning so it looked a little more compact.

Sup Nii! Good to see you still gracing us with your presence, hope everything is well.

Also to those interested, Topman is now available at Nordstrom.com: http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/topman?cm_sp=Merchandising-_-TopShop-_-Splash-_-TopMan
Not sure how it differs from the regular Topman webstore but being able to purchase and return at Nordstrom if it doesn't fit is a great option to those not living in NY.

Thats nice to hear, got some "Ultra skinny trousers" recently and they are toooo slim :x I even sized up some sizes b/c euro sizing but cot damn guess my attempt to avoid a tailor ended up costing me, might have to try some type of illegal exchange :lol:

wanted these for a presentation but what are ya'lls take on a pants fit like this? am i overreacting?

any advice on how to keep the rest neutral? what color shirt? plan on wearing these with wheat wallabee's but :smh: at me I aint kanye thnks nt

Too matchy-match for me. Olive scarf, olive blazer plus camo pocket square? Jeans looks terrible in that fit too.
Terrible, really gives a "trying too hard" look.
Nah bruh, that fine is pretty nice IMO. Maybe a tad too matchy matchy with the olive jacket/scarf but overall its a pretty fresh look. How are the jeans terrible? I agree with the second outfit being a "trying too hard" look.

I found this amazing website with some pretty cool stuff. Looked around, added some stuff to my cart, and bam. No international shipping.:smh:

I really want something like this for the winter. Ralph Lauren got one, for about 300 dollars and I ain't with that. This one was 50 Euros.

Can anyone point me in the direction of something like this? Or anyone in Spain wanna send this to me , you will be compensated :smile:. (Srs)

Nah bruh, that fine is pretty nice IMO. Maybe a tad too matchy matchy with the olive jacket/scarf but overall its a pretty fresh look. How are the jeans terrible? I agree with the second outfit being a "trying too hard" look.

It's too tight in comparison the to the less fitted top. It looks inconsistent, it doesn't help that his scarf is pretty thick and bulky to begin with. It just doesn't look that well executed to me. The jeans could be a bit more loose in the thigh and calves or remove the jacket and scarf and just wear the henley with the jeans.

^

Style blogger has always had a little "flair" to his wardrobe/style. The big scarf is part of that flair of that outfit, I think its well executed. Maybe a black circle scarf woudve been fit "better". Jeans look fine, but then again we are just nitpicking.

To the other guy with the jacket issue, that type of jacket is out EVERYWHERE. It shoudnt be too hard for you to find one at all. H&M has a few.

Couple of quick notes.
- I am looking to make a set of pocket squares and thought about doing an NT Dressing better pocket square. Any takers. No cost. Thinking I would make maybe 10-15.
- Hey, Anyone interested in doing the Secret Santa shoot me a PM. I will keep an Excel sheet and we can pull names by Oct. 1. Any idea of the price limit?
Thanks, G for helping out. I'd be down for a pocket square if you haven't hit your max already...no biggie though.

I PM'd Dirty about the box program, will keep you all posted.

I'm thinking about hosting an outfit contest for the holidays in December or so. Winner would get a gift card to a store like J. Crew or something. I'd be interested in setting this up if a lot are interested though.

Agree to disagree I guess, the top looks heavy/fall/winter feel while the bottoms looks light/summer/spring feel.
I really don't know what his "flair" has to do with the fit, if it looks weird and inconsistent, it looks weird and inconsistent.
Sorry but he gets no pass from me for being the "style blogger".
I look at the fit and it looks top-heavy and having 3 green article of clothing doesn't work well for me, especially since it's all layered on top of each other.

And the jeans, I got not problem with skin tight denim, I wear them myself but his legs looks stubby with those and borderline painted on.
It just doesn't go with the jacket and scarf and how those article fits. His tight jeans also make the jacket look longer than it is.
Don't think it's nitpicking either if the criticism is on half the clothes, the whole bottom.

Again, that is just how I see it.

Thanks, G for helping out. I'd be down for a pocket square if you haven't hit your max already...no biggie though.
I PM'd Dirty about the box program, will keep you all posted.
I'm thinking about hosting an outfit contest for the holidays in December or so. Winner would get a gift card to a store like J. Crew or something. I'd be interested in setting this up if a lot are interested though.

i feel like within the realm of this thread we can have fun with many different things, one being a secret santa for us, apart from the rest of NT....i participated in last years secret santa, needless to say i doubt id do again as i got stuck with a scumbag santa that couldn't even send me a card.....but i feel in this thread we respect one another more and i believe that everyone will come through, the whole contest thing seems cool too, but once again all within the realm of this thread...or perhaps you can host it in your blog WJ...you gotta keep in mind a big percentage of NT want no parts to do with this thread or anything that comes from it...trying to pull anything like this outside this thread is asking for a flame war....the immaturity levels of this board are pretty high.

I'd be down for the Secret Santa for sure, especially within this thread. I think the contest would also be pretty cool also. Let me know how I can help guys.

Back
Top Bottom