Dressing Better Vol 2.0

i know this is dressing better but i would like to know if
anyone from the DB fam has .... any tips for engagement rings?

i want the most bang for my buck of course (about 6500)

i know this is dressing better but i would like to know if
anyone from the DB fam has .... any tips for engagement rings?

i want the most bang for my buck of course (about 6500)

My first question is what metal are you looking to get? White Gold, Gold or Platinum? The band on the ring stones or no stones? What is the carat weight and clarity you want?

This is very important, as the metal you choose will make or break your budget. I went with white gold and made sure I worked on the diamond. You have a very respectable budget and should look at nothing less than a carat with very good clarity. Also you should get an idea of what type of diamond cut she is into. My wife liked princess cut. I initially spent 3k and recently upgraded to her diamond at our 2 year anniversary and am now at around 6k.

This is very important, as the metal you choose will make or break your budget. I went with white gold and made sure I worked on the diamond. You have a very respectable budget and should look at nothing less than a carat with very good clarity. Also you should get an idea of what type of diamond cut she is into. My wife liked princess cut. I initially spent 3k and recently upgraded to her diamond at our 2 year anniversary and am now at around 6k.

My wife has been asking for an upgrade but I'm going to wait a few years, until our 5 years. We were broke college students when I got it for her, so it was just 1ct white/gold.

Dont know why CT gets so much love cause their shirts are garbage.

BB isn't much better to me anymore. I'm going to have to try some more high end shirt makers once I'm able to

Still waiting on my CT one, even it if it sucks it was only 29 bucks

Dont know why CT gets so much love cause their shirts are garbage.

BB isn't much better to me anymore. I'm going to have to try some more high end shirt makers once I'm able to

Still waiting on my CT one, even it if it sucks it was only 29 bucks
My two came in today. Fit is eh but yeah, $68 shipped I'm not complaining, especially since they will be worn under a jacket anyway. Also definitely a step up from my normal Express/Gap shirts. Will post fit pics in a bit.

speaking of BB and CT shirts, anybody ever try TM Lewin? they do the 4 for $160...ive read decent reviews but iono
nerd.gif

they are also doing a suit sale.

Last edited:
My two came in today. Fit is eh but yeah, $68 shipped I'm not complaining, especially since they will be worn under a jacket anyway. Also definitely a step up from my normal Express/Gap shirts. Will post fit pics in a bit.

you get the extra slim fit ones?

I've heard it's fabric is a step below CT
ahh well then
frown.gif

dress shirts are a crap shoot to me .
ohwell.gif

i take all of them to the tailor since i hate excess fabric on the sleeves and body and once you factor in tailoring costs ($25 for sleeve and side alteration), its just that much more money.
frown.gif

Last edited:

you get the extra slim fit ones?
Yep, ESF Wes. Ordered a 15.5 neck and 33 sleeve. Here's the pics:

Already threw them in the wash in hopes of a little shrinking but even still, these will be worn with a jacket so I'm not too worried. Once I get a job though, believe I'm going MTM.

Also, hit up another thrift shop the other day. Scooped these Bass loafers for myself for $5 and hooked my boy up who is just getting into this whole dressing better thing with some Johnston & Murphy's. Scooped for $7.50 and he's gonna give me $15 for em.

:lol: dude is flipping loafers to his boy.

Also put the shirt in the dryer too for shrinking.

Last edited:
Nah man, loafers are my beaters for this summer. However the vamp is super low. Kinda feel like I'm wearing flats :\ Not sure if I'm gonna do the whole no sock thang.

And yes, dryer is up next lol

Last edited:
This is after a wash/dry but pre-iron. I'm happy with them. Thoughts?

Oh and btw, collar stays were not in when pics were taken. Just a heads up

Yeah it's a tad roomier than my norm but I'll live. Fabric feels pretty good and the price was right.

Is only the white shirt a non-iron?

I can only buy non-iron's from CT because the regular shirts had the sleeves shrink way too much

Back
Top Bottom