Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I would go Grey glen plaid similar to Adrian's infamous one from the TSB contest or to be honest, I think a lighter color grey stands out as well.
I'm saying :lol:

Do you have a photo? I'm not in this thread too much.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reminder on the Mr. Porter sale going on. I have been copping quite a few denim shirts lately so it was a no brainer for me to cop these two shirts at half off.

Anyone know wher I could find some moccasins similar to these in a 12 and maybe half the price? 
nerd.gif

They're not online anymore, but LL Bean Signature has crepe sole leather mocs for $80 with an extra 30-40% off. I just saw them at the B&M store near my house in Tyson's Corner Mall, VA. You can try giving them a call, they should be able to ship them out to you (possibly for free).

269136_116_41

They also make a whip stitch camp moc for $90:

275962_0_44

Last edited:
Wow, eff SF's thrift thread. I was asking if anyone could ID the berluti's I picked up or could give me an idea of their value. No one responded so I quoted myself and asked again. Finally someone took a picture from my eBay listing that displayed a deeper scratch and responded "With this......probably not a whole lot.". When I asked if they could put a number to that I got responses like:

"Here's what I would do, put them on ebay, start it at .99 and see what it brings...then you can let us all know since you don't like any of the answers."
"Troll?"
"I'll take them off your hands for a $100 disposal fee."
"7"

...the only answer I received prior to asking again was no responses at all and "With this......probably not a whole lot." Wtf? Thanks for all your input though fellas.

*end rant*

It's SF bro, bunch of pompous ********, :lol:
It was ridiculous. One of the guys SpooPoker actually just gave me a real response thinking he can help me out. I know he's a pretty big deal in the thread and runs luxeswap.com so hopefully he can actually help facilitate something. We'll see though.

On both sides of SF, there are cliques. Like you, if I ask a question it would not get answered. If a liked member asks the same question then it's at least 10 pages.

On both sides of SF, there are cliques. Like you, if I ask a question it would not get answered. If a liked member asks the same question then it's at least 10 pages.

From what I gather, threads over there have their regulars. You have to contribute something before you can ask questions.

From what I gather, threads over there have their regulars. You have to contribute something before you can ask questions.

This isn't really true on both sides, at least not so much on SWD side. Be prepared to get ridiculed for sure if you ask in the wrong thread or start a new one when an older thread already exist but it really is no different here on NT asking stupid things and getting hazed. Recall all the "bring back the wait period" responses when NT moved? It's similar to that.

Not sure why Adrian got crapped on though, he asked politely and in the right place. If that was done on the SWD side, I am almost certain that he wouldn't be berated as such. Now if you go to the baller sneaker thread and ask about Gucci or Diesel or any other brands that they loathe, then yeah be ready to have stones thrown at you, no different that here talking about buying more than expensive stuff, see the Gucci sale thread? :lol: But ask about Rick Owens leather jacket in the Leather Jacket thread on the SWD side and for the most part, plenty will be helpful to your needs.

Re: suit for Van. I would go with a prince of wales or glen plaid like Adrian. Pow was my first suit since I love the pattern. Worn it to numerous interviews and did fine.

I have a charcoal suit too. It doesn't get worn a lot. I just got it because its the closest thing to a black suit id own.

This isn't really true on both sides, at least not so much on SWD side. Be prepared to get ridiculed for sure if you ask in the wrong thread or start a new one when an older thread already exist but it really is no different here on NT asking stupid things and getting hazed. Recall all the "bring back the wait period" responses when NT moved? It's similar to that.

Not sure why Adrian got crapped on though, he asked politely and in the right place. If that was done on the SWD side, I am almost certain that he wouldn't be berated as such. Now if you go to the baller sneaker thread and ask about Gucci or Diesel or any other brands that they loathe, then yeah be ready to have stones thrown at you, no different that here talking about buying more than expensive stuff, see the Gucci sale thread? :lol: But ask about Rick Owens leather jacket in the Leather Jacket thread on the SWD side and for the most part, plenty will be helpful to your needs.
There's stuck up members on both sides, bro. There's a few MCers that help me out via PM and I truly appreciate that. I recall asking for a nice watch to get around $3k and quite a few members said no timepiece under $5k was worth it.

I've met and networked with very cool members on SF but like all boards, you have the lames as well.

It was ridiculous. One of the guys SpooPoker actually just gave me a real response thinking he can help me out. I know he's a pretty big deal in the thread and runs luxeswap.com so hopefully he can actually help facilitate something. We'll see though.
Spoo is a good guy in my book. I pm'd him a while back about his career choice. He does this thrifting thing excepts he makes half a million a year. Hopefully he'll be able to help you as well.

There's stuck up members on both sides, bro. There's a few MCers that help me out via PM and I truly appreciate that. I recall asking for a nice watch to get around $3k and quite a few members said no timepiece under $5k was worth it.

I've met and networked with very cool members on SF but like all boards, you have the lames as well.

No denying that but SWD is much nicer and laidback than MC. There will be inside jokes and running gags that may annoy people but for the most part, it is pretty helpful and they won't get mad at you if the break on your pants are 0.00025 too long. :lol:

Yeah SF can get tough but its not as bad as some of the adolescent pre-madonnas in our jordan or retro nike threads.

Spoo is a good guy in my book. I pm'd him a while back about his career choice. He does this thrifting thing excepts he makes half a million a year. Hopefully he'll be able to help you as well.
..just put two and two together. So he's the man who thrifted a ferrari :wow: :smokin

So you're telling me that he's flipping enough items he finds a thrift stores to make half a million a year? How does that happen

Damn. If that's true then my unemployed friends and I should look into something similar to fill our pockets.

So you're telling me that he's flipping enough items he finds a thrift stores to make half a million a year? How does that happen

I think he meant dude makes half a mil a year but still goes thrift shopping for deals and to flip. At least that is how I read it.

Back
Top Bottom