Dressing Better Vol 2.0

NikeAirForce1, I bought a tie and tie bar from thetiebar.com for graduation a couple months ago and I still use them. Their tie bars are frequently featured in GQ and are also reasonably priced at $15. If you need a short one (1"), Nordstrom just started carrying them (link here) and you can take advantage of their free shipping as well.

ooohh

I really like the tie clasp more than the tie bar/clip now

tie clasp

If I have a 2.5-3 inch tie... how wide should my tie bar be?

Last edited:
what kinda bag do you guys bring as a carry on for a plane ? duffle bag ?

normally a fan of backpacks, but trying to find something that is classier and grown, but not a wallet breaker. i'm guessing a canvas backpack might fit the bill ?

any suggestions would be appreciated.

normally a fan of backpacks, but trying to find something that is classier and grown, but not a wallet breaker. i'm guessing a canvas backpack might fit the bill ?

Business or short travel. I strictly travel with a duffel bag so I don't have to check in luggage.

However, I'm looking into one of these

Samsonite

micro-scooter-luggage-1.jpg

What's up everyone? In need of some assistance. I'm on a college budget looking to purchase some new button-ups, and one brand I've come across who has designs I actually like is Ben Sherman. Has anyone here ever had anything made by them? And if so, how was the fit/quality? Thanks in advance for any help

What's up everyone? In need of some assistance. I'm on a college budget looking to purchase some new button-ups, and one brand I've come across who has designs I actually like is Ben Sherman. Has anyone here ever had anything made by them? And if so, how was the fit/quality? Thanks in advance for any help
I had a shirt and a pair of jeans 2 or so years ago. I got it from the local Nordstrom Rack and the quality was good for the discounted prices that I paid for. The fit is slim, slimmer than "American slim".

I'm shopping around for a waxed canvas duffle similar to this one. Can't find one in the right price range and the look I want. Curious to see what everyone else uses.

http://www.popwuping.com/picts/waxed-canvas-bag.jpg

Express is spot on (producer fit). And damn Wisith, why you gotta out do me like that haha. Super clean
..good call on brothers though. It's uncanny
#asianpeoplealllookalike
Express is spot on (producer fit). And damn Wisith, why you gotta out do me like that haha. Super clean
..good call on brothers though. It's uncanny
#asianpeoplealllookalike
Haha, that outfit was from months ago. I just posted because the similarly is too funny. Thanks, my man. If I was at the same church, people would think it was planned out, haha.

Also, to my gents who have articles made out of wool/cashmere/silk, I would highly suggest you box up the tops and use moth repellent of some sort. Several years ago, I had my Polo sweater chewed to death by those guys. Ever since then, I use clear container boxes to house all of my tops and use moth balls. I also put the moth repellant bags in my suits when they're hung up. I'm not sure if they do anything though since they're not in an enclosed space :lol:

Also, I'm not sure if this is anyone's style, but Chelsea boots are highly underrated. They look good with chinos or proper trousers. And no lacing required :lol:
tumblr_m8o0nuICD81rux7jzo2_1280.jpg

Question , with fall looming lookin for a decent jacket, nothing too business, but nothing too sporty, any recommendations / suggestions ? thanks.

i work in a business casual environment if that helps.

My fit with the the Arenas from Friday. Found a mirror when I checked into the hotel with my girl.
I know some of you have complained about the length of my denim and the stacking. Just know that this is raw denim I've been working on for 8 months now. They haven't been washed yet or had any alterations made. I usually cuff, but it looked odd with the cobalt color of the sneakers so there was too much stacking as a result. They will fit perfect once I get alterations done, however, I'm not quite ready to take that step yet :smile: Thanks for the comments.
Shirt is too big overall. The sleeves are too long that they bunch up at your wrists. The length is too long to wear untucked. The width of the shirt is too wide. The width of the sleeves also appear to be too wide. The appearance of a wife beater under is unflattering.

I have no issues with stacking of raw denim, that's a preference thing.

Question , with fall looming lookin for a decent jacket, nothing too business, but nothing too sporty, any recommendations / suggestions ? thanks.
i work in a business casual environment if that helps.
There's a tons of jackets that fit your criteria. From blazers to even suit jackets to safari jackets. I would personally go with a suit jacket that is unstructured in gray or navy. If you live in a really cold climate, opt for a heavier cloth.

So my shirt is too big as usual :lol:
Do you think a crew neck or v-neck would look better than having a beater underneath? I don't see the issue with that. Thanks for the feedback.
I personally wouldn't wear anything under, especially if you plan on not buttoning the top few buttons. A good portion of the older folks actually prefer heather gray under shirt to soak up the sweat so your pits don't sweat throughout the day. I don't have perspiring issue of this nature so I don't wear under shirts on my dress/casual shirts. This is how I wear my shirts untucked. The length of the shirt covers about half my rear. If it's long enough to cover your entire rear, it should be tucked in.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6z21hr8cO1rux7jzo1_1280.jpg

What's your stats? You seem like a lean guy, so go with slim fitting clothes.

I'm 5'7 and 140 lbs. I'm slim but have an athletic build. I never have problems finding pants that fit well but shirts are always tough to get right because my chest/shoulders/back are much wider than my abs/waist (30). If you could recommend some brands of shirts that would be a good fit for me I'd appreciate it. Like that shirt I'm wearing there is a Hugo Boss shirt and it's a size small. It's longer than I'd like but about the best I've been able to find :\ A positive is that it doesn't go longer than the crotch area of my jeans like a normal dress shirt might. I always. I don't mind fit as much on dress shirts because I can get them tailored and they are tucked in but it's tough to find more casual shirts the right size (especially in length).
You're probably a size XS. I'm 5'9'' at 155 lbs and a size small in most brands fit me. You need to look for European brands or visit a tailor, my man.

What is your drop? You say your chest is bigger than your waist, so I assume your chest is at least 37"?

Not really important for me but I've been wondering what the difference between Dinner Jackets and Normal Black Tuxedos is as far as begin formal....like is something liek this: http://mensstylepro.com/2012/06/19/customtuxedobyenzocustomclothiers/ appropriate to wear at a "black tie" event or a formal setting where everyone is in a normal black tux? I'm just wondering b/c I think the midnight blue type of jacket looks a lot better :nerd:

i dont wanna sound like a hipster but seeing all these people "dress better" in my area is making me sick of j. crew.

smh, and my mall is also opening a uniqlo. its kind like when ghetto. hoodboogers started infesting h&m.

sheep on sheep on sheep

Back
Top Bottom