Dressing Better Vol 2.0

703FlipFiend - You can do a store search online to see if they have what you want in stock.

I'm glad I ended up going this morning, the Target near me had one pair in each size of the desert boots so I was lucky enough to grab the one pair they had in my size. It seems like they shipped without boxes since they were displayed out next to the clothes (similar to how H&M displays their shoes). They're really comfortable right off the bat, sizing seems to be about 1/2 size big, but since they don't have half sizes I just rounded. No sign of the duffle bag, but they seemed to have everything else in stock.

You got there at open? I'm up, I might go now...

I got to target at open as well and ended up buying the boots, the grey sweater, the thermal type shirt, and the navy jacket (which I'm looking to sale if anyone is interested)

Ok I went at open, and I'm glad I did! There was only 5 pairs in the store!! I grabbed the 10 and 11 and tried them on. The other guys were checking the clothes. One guy came and was looking for the 11, so I let him have it. It was a little too loose for me. A 10.5 would have been perfect.

To my gents, I want to introduce a concept to you all. It derived from the MC side of StyleForum. The concept of the "pass box" is to look into your closet and gather items you no longer use and pass them on to others. The whole purpose of this is to help each other, and not profit from it. This means that you should not take an item unless you plan on wearing it. As they say "one man's trash is another man's treasure". I like the concept and this is why I always clean out my closet routinely. I would rather give something away to someone else that would wear it on a regularly basis than for it to collect dust in my closet, regardless of how pricey that item is.

I thought about mentioning this since the first thread, but I was hesitant because fraud happens here on occasionally. However, it seems the folks in this thread are overall decent, so I leave this post and idea to you all.

To my gents, I want to introduce a concept to you all. It derived from the MC side of StyleForum. The concept of the "pass box" is to look into your closet and gather items you no longer use and pass them on to others. The whole purpose of this is to help each other, and not profit from it. This means that you should not take an item unless you plan on wearing it. As they say "one man's trash is another man's treasure". I like the concept and this is why I always clean out my closet routinely. I would rather give something away to someone else that would wear it on a regularly basis than for it to collect dust in my closet, regardless of how pricey that item is.

I thought about mentioning this since the first thread, but I was hesitant because fraud happens here on occasionally. However, it seems the folks in this thread are overall decent, so I leave this post and idea to you all.

The Dressing Better "box about nothing"?

I neeeeeeeeed those grey Cole Haan's.

tumblr_m83jklFcft1qedzdjo1_500.jpg

Last edited:

I'm down for that....only thing is we all wear different sizes, so It might be the same users passing things on to each other....but I'm happy to do so, we should list our sizes to begin with...I'll do me

Current 32x30
Current small/medium
Current size 8-8.5

I have some chinos I just never wear from Jcrew I'm ready to pass on when this gets better organized.

Can someone link me to a site that sells dress shirts? My work wardrobe is severely lacking and quite frankly I'm tired of it. I'm an entry level employee though so  yeah price has to be the priority right now. Thanks in advance. PLS RESPOND. I'm looking at H&M, Banana Republic, and Brooks Brothers at the moment but I just want to expand my options
http://www.ctshirts.co.uk/

You can get 4 for $199 or there are discount codes occasionally. Good quality shirts for the price, depending upon your build you should go with the slim or tailored/extra slim fit. Unless you have a barrel chest and are carrying a bunch of extra weight in the midsection, go with slim fit at least.
Thanks man, repped.

I don't comprehend. Was this suppose to be sarcasm?

K: You're a good dude, man. I donated a lot of stuff, including stuff from Barneys, Neiman, DS retro Jordans that I bought over the last few years to my mom's friends' sons who don't have much because of nostalgia memories. I remember as a kid I used to be jealous of other kids shopping at Macy's :lol:

I know some people lost weight as well so they may be down to give up their former wardrobe.

I'm thinking of a holiday contest to host here, but still hammering out the details in my head. Trying to keep the vibe positive and get the folks to become/remain interactive here.

Last edited:
I'm down for the idea as well. I've done it with games before, but I usually just end up taking clothes to Goodwill.

I constantly donate clothes to Goodwill, I'd be open to doing this but I'd have to check at this point what I won't wear since I'd gotten rid of a lot lately.

I ordered a bunch of stuff from that Odin at Target collection, 5 items for a little more than $200...not bad at all.

I don't comprehend. Was this suppose to be sarcasm?

K: You're a good dude, man. I donated a lot of stuff, including stuff from Barneys, Neiman, DS retro Jordans that I bought over the last few years to my mom's friends' sons who don't have much because of nostalgia memories. I remember as a kid I used to be jealous of other kids shopping at Macy's :lol:

I know some people lost weight as well so they may be down to give up their former wardrobe.

I'm thinking of a holiday contest to host here, but still hammering out the details in my head. Trying to keep the vibe positive and get the folks to become/remain interactive here.

No sarcasm at all, they had something similar going in the "thread about nothing", and it was called the "box about nothing"

Last edited:

This is an awesome idea! I know I have a few items I either don't wear anymore or is just a little too big or small. Definitely up for this. In addition I think we can all take part in this as I'm sure we all have items such as ties, cufflinks that we have and don't wear/like or use anymore.

Hey Wis. Thanks for the recommendation on the JCrew Jeans from your tumblr. This Ace. Grabbed myself 2 pairs and a pair of cords yesterday. I needed an extra 50 cents or so to get an additional 20% off so I picked up a a pocket square (that I been meaning to get the past 2 visits).

FYI, Michael's has some cotton handkerchief's, they are 100% cotton and are being sold in the crafts area to incorporate into costumes and what not. They are 100% cotton, and they have from the bandana pattern (paisley's I think), to plain navy, green and white (all cotton), to a camo pattern. They are $1.79 and Michael's has a 50% off one regular priced item, 90 cents isn't bad for a handkerchief that will double as a pocket square.

Converse raw denim is a pretty good starter pair guys. Its 30 bucks at target, their jeffery max chinos are good if you find them on sale for like 13-15 bucks.

Hey Wis. Thanks for the recommendation on the JCrew Jeans from your tumblr. This Ace. Grabbed myself 2 pairs and a pair of cords yesterday. I needed an extra 50 cents or so to get an additional 20% off so I picked up a a pocket square (that I been meaning to get the past 2 visits).
Hey, dude! I hope you like the pants. I actually wore the 484 jeans today with mid top Margielas to show some breaking :lol:

If you want to save some more, go to a local J. Crew store and show them what you bought, and ask for the student ID discount, they should be able to refund the 15% difference.

My Team Fitness bro:smokin

I'm glad to see positive response so far on the box idea. This upcoming months will be crazy for me so I may not be as active as much, though I'll try so if anyone wants to be the captain feel free. We do need to hammer out the logistics, ie who will pay for the shipping, and how to post what each member has that they're willing to give up. An idea is to list it on the signature. I would like the recipient of the items to post pictures of the items being worn to show that they will really be worn and also as a thank you to the sender. I also think it's a good idea to clean the articles prior to sending. I'm not sure if we want to do footwear or not though, and if it is, Febreeze would probably be the most viable option?

Secret Santa sounds like a dope idea too! Whoever gets RFX's gift can expect some super expensive luxury stuff :lol:

Last edited:
How would the box thing work since we can only buy/sell/trade on the B/S boards. Will the rules be relaxed?

Back
Top Bottom