Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Not bad. Main improvement you could make would be to find a shirt that is less billowy on the sides and I presume in the back or have a tailor take that one in. Even if you don't consider yourself slim, most slim fit shirts are for the average man. Traditional seem to be to accomodate a gut or muffin top. A smaller knot particularly with that collar would look better, this is nitpicking but shorten the length of the tie slightly (it might because it and the collar are loosened).

Thanks for the suggestions...The shirt is slim fit, I am 215 but for some reason a good amount of my shirts have that extra room on the sides (This shirt is BR, any other suggestions?). Yeah I def agree on the tie length as I was too lazy to start over.

A few things on my Fall wishlist:
J.Crew Ludlow Tweed Sportcoat:
Aldo Mr. B's

What you bros think?

Aldo boots money will be better spent elsewhere.

Last edited:
let me know what you guys think....love the tips and suggestions being passed on by everyone, good stuff..please excuse the cellphone pics

I'm guessing you wore the tie for work?

I would have went with a slightly more subtle tie color. Otherwise, everything else looks sharp.

Are those Cole Haan's on your feet?

let me know what you guys think....love the tips and suggestions being passed on by everyone, good stuff..please excuse the cellphone pics

-tie bar is too high and small
-tie is too long
-size down on the shirt so that it doest puddle as much when tucked.

everything else seems good in my book....although its a bit monotone with the colors, seems like it could be for a Target's managers attire....no shots fired bro. :D

Just a heads up, Macys has 25% off Levis 511 trousers (and jeans too) and if you use the code VIP it'll take another 20% off and it come to about $36 each. Not bad at all.

Dockers Alpha are $47 and with the code it come to around $37. Not as good as the old Alpha deal but still decent.

Definitely better than nothing. Thanks a lot.

[COLOR=#red]-tie bar is too high and small[/COLOR]
-tie is too long
everything else seems good in my book....although its a bit monotone with the colors, seems like it could be for a Target's managers attire....no shots fired bro. :D

Too small? Too high?What makes you say that?

-tie bar is too high and small
-tie is too long

Target ouch...hahaha, too small on the tie bar? Tie bar usually around the nips?

It's all about proportions and balance. Placing the tie bar that high looks awkward and makes his lower torso look elongated and unflattering. And I agree it does look kinda small.

thanks...lol

on the second pic it doesn't look that bad, on the first pic it definitely appears to be too high.

Much better than last time my man. Only thing I can say is you still need to work on the tie and the tie bar should be lower. I would also slightly size down the shirt.

Last edited:
Not bad. Main improvement you could make would be to find a shirt that is less billowy on the sides and I presume in the back or have a tailor take that one in. Even if you don't consider yourself slim, most slim fit shirts are for the average man. Traditional seem to be to accomodate a gut or muffin top. A smaller knot particularly with that collar would look better, this is nitpicking but shorten the length of the tie slightly (it might because it and the collar are loosened).

This. Some people say don't do the shirt and tie without a jacket or sweater but personally I like it. If need be though and what I like most of your palette is that you can honestly throw on any neutral colored sweater and the outfit would pop thanks to the simplicity of the white shirt and the red tie and shoes. Well done man.

Last edited:
Why are you guys saying the tie bar should be lower? Isnt it supposed to fall between the 3rd and 4th button? Admittedly it does look closer to where the 3rd button would be on the shirt, so maybe it could be dropped lower on the chest.

And the tie length looks like it'd be fine if it were cinched up and not loose around the neck.

Why are you guys saying the tie bar should be lower? Isnt it supposed to fall between the 3rd and 4th button? Admittedly it does look closer to where the 3rd button would be on the shirt, so maybe it could be dropped lower on the chest.
And the tie length looks like it'd be fine if it were cinched up and not loose around the neck.

The tie bar is more near the top of the 3rd button and does seem a little high. The tie bar should be in between the 3rd and 4th button. In his particular picture if the tie bar lined up with the center of his chest pocket that would be perfect.

Question on chest pockets. Do you guys thing proper dress shirts should have one or not? My Bespoke and Indochino one's don't have one but I'm a fan of having a pocket as I place my phone in there while teaching.

It looks tacky to me.

1. Shirt is too big. Its billowing at the belt line.
2. Your sleeves are rolled up but yet your tie is tight. If you are going to loosely roll your sleeves. Relax your tie or loose it. if you are going for the rolled up look, i like to neatly roll my sleeves. Your look is ok for the end of the work day.
3. Tie bar seems out of place and is def too high and too long.
4. Its seems that your top button is unbutton. If true why where the tie.

You get a D for effort.

It looks tacky to me.

1. Shirt is too big. Its billowing at the belt line.
2. Your sleeves are rolled up but yet your tie is tight. If you are going to loosely roll your sleeves. Relax your tie or loose it. if you are going for the rolled up look, i like to neatly roll my sleeves. Your look is ok for the end of the work day.
3. Tie bar seems out of place and is def too high and too long.
4. Its seems that your top button is unbutton. If true why where the tie.

You get a D for effort.

Damn homie :lol: It's definitely not that bad....there's just a few minor things that would make it fit perfectly on him. Lowering the tie bar, and cinching the tie up all the way with a narrower tie knot (maybe Four-in-Hand) and having the sides of the shirt taken in and it'd be really good. I agree the shoes are a nice touch with the red sole...I've seen wayyyyyyyyy worse outfits worn by people thinking they were dressing great, this is a solid fit. And I'm willing to bet majority of the dudes working with him wouldn't have noticed anything we are pointing out :smokin nice job man

@Steezy I know you and a few other guys were talking about "sweat-shorts" a couple pages back...I was at Target today and saw Mossimo has them in a bunch of colors with a small or no logo (blue, black, olive green, tan-yellow, red) It's not really my thing but I thought I'd point it out for anyone who would be interested....oh and they were 30% off too

r935n4.jpg

^ + 1

Definitely don't agree with the D grade...

I think the outfit looks fine. Could it be pulled off better? Yes, but overall looks fine bro. As mentioned, a few tweaks here and there and its a nice outfit. Still solid nonetheless

I have these awesome J. Crew sweatshorts but unfortunately I copped them before I lost 30lb.

Theyre an XL so they may be part of the hand me down project u gusy are trying to do.

They went awesome w plain v-necks and white achilles

Back
Top Bottom