Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Info on pocket tee & cargos?
nerd.gif
http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12917986&kwCatId=&kw=cargo&origkw=cargo&sr=1

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/polostees/slimshop/PRDOVR~95509/95509.jsp

^ my allen edmonds fit true to size.
I don't have any AEs anymore, but I know there are different fittings, like all fine shoes and boots, ie fitting 5 and 6. Also, true to size doesn't really correlate to sneaker sizes. For example I wear a 9.5 in Nikes and my dress shoes are from size 8-9 US.

I don't have any AEs anymore, but I know there are different fittings, like all fine shoes and boots, ie fitting 5 and 6. Also, true to size doesn't really correlate to sneaker sizes. For example I wear a 9.5 in Nikes and my dress shoes are from size 8-9 US.

True, I meant I wear 11.5 in dunks, forces, lunarglides, and both pairs of my AEs are 11.5 and fit perfectly.

^ I'm pretty sure those grey boots are the Odin from Target, I have them too.

What color peacoat do you guys recommend, black or navy?

Quick question: what are the rules in terms of tie knots, tie widths, and the type of collar on a dress-shirt (spread vs point)?

Quick question: what are the rules in terms of tie knots, tie widths, and the type of collar on a dress-shirt (spread vs point)?
You want to fill the gap on spread/cutaway collar so go with a full windsor if possible, meaning if the material of the tie isn't too thick.

Tie width is preference. 3" is the modern traditional. I would stay in the 2.5-3" range.

Last edited:
I am now mad i slept on the 30% off levi's sale last week.

I was looking at those cargos too....man i need to just pull the trigger on some tapered/skinny cargo's they seem to be the item of the fall.

Last edited:

You want to fill the gap on spread/cutaway collar so go with a full windsor if possible, meaning if the material of the tie isn't too thick.
Tie width is preference. 3" is the modern traditional. I would stay in the 2.5-3" range.

To add to what Wis has said, A cutaway collar versus a spread collar is different but both have a decent gap. A cutaway collar like the one below, has a huge spread and needs a decent size knot like a windsor to cover it up.

However a semi-spread collar; which in my opinion is the best option to go with as it is not too wide or too narrow a smaller knot will fill the gap. Notice in the picture below, this shirt has a spread/semi-spread collar and even though the tie is 2.5" and the knot somewhat small it still fills it in. A 3" tie would also fill in the gap nicely, where in a cutaway you need a 3" tie in my opinion to fill in the entire space; at least when you have neck size like mine.

2.5" Width Tie

3" Width Tie

Also I'd like to add that as someone is a big on the bigger side I always figured that a tie smaller than 3" would be too thin for my frame but a 2.5" width tie actually helps with making my frame look not as wide.

Fellas,

Since we have a few new outfit posters, are you guys down for a bi weekly monthly challenge? I plan to keep the theme simple so we all can take part.

The first one would end on November 15. The theme is sneakers after the sneakerhead stage. You can post as many pictures as you want. Let me know who would like to join in :smile:

Fellas,
Since we have a few new outfit posters, are you guys down for a bi weekly monthly challenge? I plan to keep the theme simple so we all can take part.
The first one would end on November 15. The theme is sneakers after the sneakerhead stage. You can post as many pictures as you want. Let me know who would like to join in :smile:

I'm game. Ummm are Tom's included in the "sneaker" theme?

Fellas,

It's a good idea for SF, but I consider this thread for noobs. I think the challenge would discourage those that want ideas from posting.

It would also bring in the lurkers.

The thread now has good credibility. This thread alone got me wanting to dress better. I think its better after the move.

I would personally would not be too interested in it, if it became competitive. NT, is not as mature as SF.

Sorry for my one liners im tired.

Last edited:
Thenewmj: that's fine. The point is to be more active. There will be no winner so it's not a competition.

Serg: good question about Toms! Haha. I'm not sure about that myself. Lets ask the others.

It's a good idea for SF, but I consider this thread for noobs. I think the challenge would discourage those that want ideas from posting.
The thread now has good credibility. This thread alone got me wanting to dress better. I think its better after the move.
I would personally would not be too interested in it, if it became competitive. NT, is not as mature as SF.

Although I see what you mean it is also a way to provide some ideas to the newbies who are wondering how to fit in for example sneakers into their dressing better wardrobe or how to still wear jeans and be dressing better for example.

I'm game for that, specially that challenge since I'm still 90% sneakers only wear non-sneakers about 10% of the time...lol

I just got those $9.99 jeans in from Uniqlo in, I would say they fit like 514's, except slimmer in the thigh..to slim for me. I usually wear a 36x34 and these were way to tight. One pair i got in a 38x34 and it fit a little better

Although I see what you mean it is also a way to provide some ideas to the newbies who are wondering how to fit in for example sneakers into their dressing better wardrobe or how to still wear jeans and be dressing better for example.
I agree with this. I think it might actually encourage more members to participate who are under the impression the dressing better means you HAVE to wear a suit for every occasion :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom