Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Here are some pictures from my company party a few weeks ago. I bought the suit from the Versace x H&M collection last year and I'm glad I was finally able to put it to use. First time wearing a black suit and I thought it looked pretty good for the occasion..

Here's what I have in mind for NYE. Thick As Thieves suit in grey mohair, J.Crew navy gingham shirt, and knit tie/tie bar/pocket square all from The Tie Bar. What do you guys think?

everything here is very nice man!
i think your NYE fit is perfect and i actually thought about doing something similar with my knit tie but am deciding on the red chambray i posted the other day with my navy suit and gingham shirt. kudos and thanks for contributing! :pimp:

Last edited:
Anyone have pictures of themselves with Clark's. I want some and want ideas on how to rock them formally and casually

Anyone have pictures of themselves with Clark's. I want some and want ideas on how to rock them formally and casually
Do you mean Desert Boots or Clark's as a brand in general?

Also, when is the Polo bear suppose to come out? I saw no dates.

Second thrift store was no bueno. It was fun trying on items made before I was born though :lol:

How difficult is it to slim the sleeves on a blazer? 

I got some from H&M a while ago, but they're not as fitted as I'd like for casual wear

Might just return them 

everything here is very nice man!
i think your NYE fit is perfect and i actually thought about doing something similar with my knit tie but am deciding on the red chambray i posted the other day with my navy suit and gingham shirt. kudos and thanks for contributing!
pimp.gif
Thanks bro. I say rock your suit, even if the bar you're going to is a little more on the casual side. You can never be too overdressed on NYE, right?

How difficult is it to slim the sleeves on a blazer? 

I got some from H&M a while ago, but they're not as fitted as I'd like for casual wear

Might just return them 
H&M isnt worth spending the money on tapering the sleeves. if it doesnt fit basically what you want off the rack, not worth spending more money to alter things.

just found out that the original plan has been changed for NYE and the new bar is more of a casual place so a suit would be a little much. however i think i will fall back onto my staple jacket/jeans combo. so what do you guys think of this:

i would pair it with a pair of unfaded dark denim and tan bass brocktons
Not digging the color combo, but otherwise very nice

going full suit. here's the top:

sorry for blurry pic but that shirt is navy in case you think its the purple one i posted earlier

Last edited:

If you mean desert boots, I've posted a couple outfits in the last few pages wearing them causally.

On the topic, do the beeswax clarks go with grey? Pants or tops, I wasn't sure how grey/brown worked.

Last edited:
i mean...yes it does but imo, those shoes are horrible. stay away from square-toed shoes and try and scoop some captoes or wingtips. just my two cents :rolleyes

I agree i hate square toes as well. but i cant find any that i like and i honestly purchased those on a last minute thing.

Do you mean Desert Boots or Clark's as a brand in general?
Also, when is the Polo bear suppose to come out? I saw no dates.
Second thrift store was no bueno. It was fun trying on items made before I was born though :lol:

I looked everywhere to try to find a release date with no luck only thing I could find was that voting ends tomorrow....

Looking for a nice casual boot that can be worn daily or casually like the Clark DBs.. Any suggestions?

What yall think about these by the way?

Looking for a nice casual boot that can be worn daily or casually like the Clark DBs.. Any suggestions?
What yall think about these by the way?
What is your price range? The boot in the picture looks good.

I looked everywhere to try to find a release date with no luck only thing I could find was that voting ends tomorrow....
Hmm, we don't even know if they will hit stores or online only. And if in stores, what stores? :lol: I hope they aren't super limited.

i mean...yes it does but imo, those shoes are horrible. stay away from square-toed shoes and try and scoop some captoes or wingtips. just my two cents :rolleyes
Exactly. If you like a more chiseled shape, you can go for something like this:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7018/6408137821_bcb253f66e_b.jpg

JCP is a good and cheap recommendation.

My man A already has wardrobes picked out 24 hours in advance :lol: NYE being on Monday night is bogus, man. I'll be surprised if I'm up at the 12AM mark :lol:

What is your price range? The boot in the picture looks good.
Hmm, we don't even know if they will hit stores or online only. And if in stores, what stores? :lol: I hope they aren't super limited.
Exactly. If you like a more chiseled shape, you can go for something like this:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7018/6408137821_bcb253f66e_b.jpg
JCP is a good and cheap recommendation.

I would be willing to bet they would be online only,and unless my understanding is completely off,all four designs(two men,two women) will be released the voting just determines the order they will be released in..Price I'm guessing around 200+ just based of the fact that the children's ones retail or 85$

I would be willing to bet they would be online only,and unless my understanding is completely off,all four designs(two men,two women) will be released the voting just determines the order they will be released in..Price I'm guessing around 200+ just based of the fact that the children's ones retail or 85$
I'm willing to pay up to $350 for one, assuming quality is actually decent and not like 80% acrylic and 20% wool :lol:

Back
Top Bottom