Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Definitely looking forward to getting this off the ground. Definitely have to work on the picture aspect of it. My wifey is getting more comfortable or more like getting used me asking her to take pictures about what I'm wearing now lol.

Today was Parent/Teacher Conference and I decided to go with a 3 piece tweed suit by Indochino. I've dropped about 30 pounds or so and I finally feel that it is starting to show:
http://dressingbetterforless.blogspot.com/2013/02/wdiwt2413-parentteacher-conference.html

youve dropped some more weight Serg?...my only critique is your sleeves are way short bro...

black suits are the best, so classy.

Definitely looking forward to getting this off the ground. Definitely have to work on the picture aspect of it. My wifey is getting more comfortable or more like getting used me asking her to take pictures about what I'm wearing now lol.

Today was Parent/Teacher Conference and I decided to go with a 3 piece tweed suit by Indochino. I've dropped about 30 pounds or so and I finally feel that it is starting to show:
http://dressingbetterforless.blogspot.com/2013/02/wdiwt2413-parentteacher-conference.html
that sure is a lot of sleeve showing. i would let out the sleeves on the jacket if you have the room

that sure is a lot of sleeve showing. i would let out the sleeves on the jacket if you have the room

I do have a little bit of sleeve left to let out, the first picture is bad though, as I didn't adjust the sleeves before taking the picture. I also think the sleeves are too long on the shirt.

youve dropped some more weight Serg?...my only critique is your sleeves are way short bro...

black suits are the best, so classy.

Yea dude about 30 pounds and the suit actually brown. Sleeves could be let out or I need to shorten the sleeves on the shirt.

Edit: If you look at the left sleeve that's an indicator of where the sleeve actually sits, this is what happens when your wife starts to rush you take the picture and you're holding your phone lol

Last edited:
I'd be down to be a part of the blog team.

I would want to show the street and streetwear aspect of "dressing better."

484 in size 31. 7" leg opening.

just measured the leg opening on some of my jeans. 5 out of the 6 pairs that i wear regularly measure exactly 7" lol

I need a dope pair of grey denim (not dark grey, a light grey.. kinda like "greyish whiteish"). Don't want raw, or any branding on back pockets.. Preferably slim fit.

just measured the leg opening on some of my jeans. 5 out of the 6 pairs that i wear regularly measure exactly 7" lol
7" is semi aggressive slim. I think 7.5" is pretty standard for slim.

RE: folks wanting to join on the blog...I'm really happy to see this. Alas, I fear that the novelty will wear off soon and most will not be posting consistently. The first thing we need to do is explain the 'dressing better' concept because it's not all about suits and ties.

It would be cool if the members within a region and link up and post pictures as a whole. This was inspired by Josh and the gang taking pictures around the city.

7" is semi aggressive slim. I think 7.5" is pretty standard for slim.

i thought so too and was actually surprised when i measured them. but as you can see from the pics ive posted none of them are approaching jeggings at all lol

i thought so too and was actually surprised when i measured them. but as you can see from the pics ive posted none of them are approaching jeggings at all lol
Yeah, man. But if you were to go down even .5" to 6.5"...I don't think they'll be able to go over your boots. I tried the Petite fit from APC, and man...they fit tighter than my Under Armour compression pants :lol:

For the current challenge, I'm going to just wear the same cardigan throughout the week and pair it differently and do a recap on Friday night.

need an opinion. i usually dont ask but for some reason i couldn't pick one.. im headed to fashion week this week and i want to wear the dockers camo alpha. i want to wear it with a blue oxford shirt and possibly a navy blue varsity(hm) or navy peacoat i was wondering which color would you pick. at first i was all about the regular camo but since i saw the wheat camo its been a hard decision an opinions would be great. its between the first 2 colors.

Last edited:
hi guys, mentioned this awhile ago, pages back. I'm part of a company trying reallllyyyy hard to change dressing styles in Singapore and South East Asia (everybody walks around in flip flops and shorts over here).

So this is our site VAUNTSTYLE. I'm looking for some opinions from you guys! We just re-did our homepage quite a fair bit, so any and/or ALL comments will be great!

Feel free to post some looks too guys! 

were dockers ever on the up ?

LOL I remember my high school science teacher wearing them, and having the kids tease him saying "DOCKERRRRS!"

Last edited:
need an opinion. i usually dont ask but for some reason i couldn't pick one.. im headed to fashion week this week and i want to wear the dockers camo alpha. i want to wear it with a blue oxford shirt and possibly a navy blue varsity(hm) or navy peacoat i was wondering which color would you pick. at first i was all about the regular camo but since i saw the wheat camo its been a hard decision an opinions would be great. its between the first 2 colors.

i honestly thing the monochromatic look would look better and you should go with the last pair

Gonna get in on this challenge with my Levi trucker Jacket 3 different ways/styles starting today...probably just post em all together on Friday 8)

Reactions: wj4
were dockers ever on the up ?

LOL I remember my high school science teacher wearing them, and having the kids tease him saying "DOCKERRRRS!"
High school kids and fashion don't really mix. When I was in high school, I just mimicked my favorite rappers.

Back
Top Bottom