Dressing Better Vol 2.0

anybody know a good self-tailoring website? recently lost some weight. any help would be appreciated!
You want to learn how to tailor yourself? Do you have the equipment at least?

There is a limit on how much can be tailor, ie trying to make a size L shirt fit like a size S would not be feasible.

You want to learn how to tailor yourself? Do you have the equipment at least?

There is a limit on how much can be tailor, ie trying to make a size L shirt fit like a size S would not be feasible.

really wanna taper a couple pairs of pants up. i like the straight relaxed fit but it looks like crap around my ankles. and what equipment would i need?

r1.jpg

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

f4.jpg

ohwell.gif

Those that in the DB brotherhood that in need of the new Jordan release, I can get them with no hassle. Just pay for shipping and the retail price...and I will make sure you get them. If I can't, the money will be refunded. Let me know who need them and the size. If you a luker, I cannot and will not help. Only for those that post often. I guaranteed your pair. Not extra is needed for this.

My man...

These releases are getting to hectic.

Anyway, fully caught up. Took advantage of BR sale this weekend and picked up some much needed trousers/dress pants for work. Less than $50 each, even got a 100% wool pair. Still need to she'd some lb's before I invest in some ePaulet pairs (I'm already sold on some if their stuff).

really wanna taper a couple pairs of pants up. i like the straight relaxed fit but it looks like crap around my ankles. and what equipment would i need?

Definitely would need a sewing machine, the type of sewing machine depends on whether you're trying to work with denim or not as well. I think you could learn how to taper, not for nothing but I know my mom has learned to taper and hem on her own using just a standard sewing machine. I definitely would suggest practicing on a couple of pants you don't care for or going to the local goodwill and buying a couple of cheap pants to practice on. I personally have learned how to hem by hand myself as I frankly don't care to spend $15-20 to get pants hemmed; considering how many I've had to hem it adds up quickly. Next for me is tapering and shortening sleeves but I will definitely be practicing on some goodwill stuff first before I touch any of my stuff.

Good stuff, K

I guess they didn't approve my pics :lol:

Since the contest was brought up, have you received your TSBmen gifts?

Jcrew is having another 30% off final sale items online and in-store. In-store discounts may be greater, from previous experiences.

Use ebates for another 3% off online.

:smokin

Good stuff, K

I guess they didn't approve my pics :lol:

Since the contest was brought up, have you received your TSBmen gifts?

That's wild, I thought for sure you'd be selected. Doesn't even seem like they're being that selective, maybe they just looked over yours.

What was that company that makes those nice polo shirts, you mentioned them a while back but can't remember the name

Carhartt just opened its online shop for the US :pimp:

Now here in the states is strictly work wear but overseas it's :pimp:

http://shop.carhartt-wip.com/view/us/home;jsessionid=EC8FF583DFFACE96487469DD79D67D63.prod3

Some nice pieces :pimp:

damn some dopeness on there good looking out :nthat: . You just put a dent in my wallet though lol

What's the difference between carhartt and the other one? I never understood it

What other one?

Round the troops up for Steezy. :pimp:

That's wild, I thought for sure you'd be selected. Doesn't even seem like they're being that selective, maybe they just looked over yours.

What was that company that makes those nice polo shirts, you mentioned them a while back but can't remember the name

Yeah I have no clue how wis hasn't gotten chosen...lol

Wes - where is your link fam?

Btw I received the billy jeans just this past week and I have a coupon code to use on the sunglasses website valued @ 95$ I'm thinking that's what I'll be giving away :smile:

Sunspel.

What's up DB fam??? Been lurking this thread for the last couple of weeks now and read through almost the whole thing. Wanted to post but I hadn't been on NT since the Yuku days and only just got my username recovered haha.

Good stuff from everybody, really digging GAGJR, KSteezy, wj4, and Pinoy732. Keep up the good work guys.

Pinoy: I too am a 21 yr old college student from NJ. Where do you thrift just curiously? Saw some nice pickups a while back.

If you haven't already, I'd highly recommend checking out the Brooks Brothers sale right now. They've got a ton of Extra Slim Fit shirts on sale for about $40 (~50% off). Just scooped six shirts for $240, can't beat that. The fit is perfect, probably the best fitting shirts I have in my closet now.

Again, keep up the good work everybody and stay dressing well. Hopefully I'll start posting fits soon. Look forward to participating.

I posted it up in the other thread. I'll post it in here too though.
http://mrporterglobalstyle.com/style/huntsville/3022

I have access to a handful of different computers here at work. So whenever people aren't looking I'm going to vote from there too :lol:

We have to be careful when we say stuff like that, man. :lol:

Welcome to the thread, angrypork!

First post on the new Niketalk in the DB thread... nice :smokin

Last edited:
What's up DB fam??? Been lurking this thread for the last couple of weeks now and read through almost the whole thing. Wanted to post but I hadn't been on NT since the Yuku days and only just got my username recovered haha.

Good stuff from everybody, really digging GAGJR, KSteezy, wj4, and Pinoy732. Keep up the good work guys.

Pinoy: I too am a 21 yr old college student from NJ. Where do you thrift just curiously? Saw some nice pickups a while back.

If you haven't already, I'd highly recommend checking out the Brooks Brothers sale right now. They've got a ton of Extra Slim Fit shirts on sale for about $40 (~50% off). Just scooped six shirts for $240, can't beat that. The fit is perfect, probably the best fitting shirts I have in my closet now.

Again, keep up the good work everybody and stay dressing well. Hopefully I'll start posting fits soon. Look forward to participating.
Nice to have you here man. What college if you don't mind me asking? Also what part of jersey do you stay in? I've thrifted up and down the state :lol:

Pinoy: I'm enrolled at Hobart College in upstate NY, but am currently at home finishing up my last semester online due to some unfortunate medical circumstances. Crappy situation but I've gotta roll with the punches.

I'm in Millburn (Northern NJ/973 area). Hitting up a thrift store in a rich town next to me today, hopefully to find a blazer and some oxfords.

Back
Top Bottom