Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Pinoy: I'm enrolled at Hobart College in upstate NY, but am currently at home finishing up my last semester online due to some unfortunate medical circumstances. Crappy situation but I've gotta roll with the punches.

I'm in Millburn (Northern NJ/973 area). Hitting up a thrift store in a rich town next to me today, hopefully to find a blazer and some oxfords.
bruh, im guessing you hitting short hills right? when i googled the area, only place in the area I saw was double take consignment but the reviews don't seem good. They only accept certain brands and overlook tooooo much dope stuff. Just grabbing stuff like gucci or true religion. I mean that's cool but I'm pretty sure they are more women based and know what they have..

If anything, I've had decent luck over on rt 22. Check out unique in union and unique in union city. There's also a goodwill on 22 just down the road from the union unique. That's all I really know in that area but best bet, google places, hit them all. Best of luck :pimp:

Shout out to marmourjr for the waxed denim he posted a few weeks ago. I was able to pick them up for $40 using a Nordstrom gift card I had.

Here's a fit pic:

Pic of the denim:

Definitely a fan of them. Only wore them for the first time Saturday and had two people inquire :lol:

bruh, im guessing you hitting short hills right? when i googled the area, only place in the area I saw was double take consignment but the reviews don't seem good. They only accept certain brands and overlook tooooo much dope stuff. Just grabbing stuff like gucci or true religion. I mean that's cool but I'm pretty sure they are more women based and know what they have..

If anything, I've had decent luck over on rt 22. Check out unique in union and unique in union city. There's also a goodwill on 22 just down the road from the union unique. That's all I really know in that area but best bet, google places, hit them all. Best of luck :pimp:

Thanks man. Just tried to hit up a consignment shop in Summit where I've had luck before, unfortunately they're closed on Mondays. I do hit Short Hills often. The Brooks Brothers there is :smokin. Just hit up the Goodwill on 22 on Friday, nothing really there except some old Southpole and ratty T-shirts. There was a nice pair of Bucks for $30 from a brand I'd never heard of before (Beacon Hill Classics??) but I couldn't justify dropping that at Goodwill especially when I already have a nice pair of Bass Bucks. I'll definitely try Unique though.

Eagerly awaiting the UPS man today for a new pair of Vintage Worn Wash 484s.

Thanks man. Just tried to hit up a consignment shop in Summit where I've had luck before, unfortunately they're closed on Mondays. I do hit Short Hills often. The Brooks Brothers there is :smokin. Just hit up the Goodwill on 22 on Friday, nothing really there except some old Southpole and ratty T-shirts. There was a nice pair of Bucks for $30 from a brand I'd never heard of before (Beacon Hill Classics??) but I couldn't justify dropping that at Goodwill especially when I already have a nice pair of Bass Bucks. I'll definitely try Unique though.

Eagerly awaiting the UPS man today for a new pair of Vintage Worn Wash 484s.
Uniques are as big as walmarts and have 25% off on mondays!! Go now man! They also have it on thursdays if you sign up (free) for their membership card.

Not sure if this was posted, but:

JCrew has 30% off Final Sale (online and in store) with code: GoodNews

Anyone know where I can find decent looking clothes that fit big guys well? I'm 6'5" and weigh 300 lbs. I go to Dillard's and Macy's but the clothes there aren't mature enough for me. I've been to big and tall but the clothes aren't flattering at all. Any suggestions for clothing stores online?

Except for the front flaps, I like the LE canvas slim cargos. Got the olive, may have to get the khakis and use as my summer joints instead of shorts.
mine come in today, thanks for this thread helping me find em. also picked up levi camo cargo pants at levi outlet for about $50

Has anyone ever been to Saks off 5th?

Its like the outlet version of saks 5th ave.

Its amazing.

Those that in the DB brotherhood that in need of the new Jordan release, I can get them with no hassle. Just pay for shipping and the retail price...and I will make sure you get them. If I can't, the money will be refunded. Let me know who need them and the size. If you a luker, I cannot and will not help. Only for those that post often. I guaranteed your pair. Not extra is needed for this.
waaaatt?!?

Thanks Wis. But wouldn't it just be considered glenplaid since there is no windowpane pattern present?
:lol:. You're right. I stand corrected.
Lol just making sure.

Btw guys, im getting the trousers altered to match that jacket. What's the call? I need a hem but should I do a 7" or 8" opening? If I keep 8", I just need the hem.

I'd go with the 7" or 7.5" but that's just my preference :D

Anyone know where I can find decent looking clothes that fit big guys well? I'm 6'5" and weigh 300 lbs. I go to Dillard's and Macy's but the clothes there aren't mature enough for me. I've been to big and tall but the clothes aren't flattering at all. Any suggestions for clothing stores online?

What specifically are you trying to find? I can definitely see Macy's nor Dillard's having anything that would meet your physique.

Yep. Already talked with A about this and you guys confirmed it.

7 to 7.5" would be the slim side. 8" is great as well especially on heavier cloths to rock with boots and a slight break. Anything under 7" would be too skinny for trousers and nice drape.

Yep. Already talked with A about this and you guys confirmed it.

7 to 7.5" would be the slim side. 8" is great as well especially on heavier cloths to rock with boots and a slight break. Anything under 7" would be too skinny for trousers and nice drape.

Definitely man. I actually really dislike anything over ~7.5"

Have anybody take a look at the Saks Fifth Avenue store brand named "Blue"?  It's a comtempary and modern look for the causal evnvironement.  Being that it's very hot in Atlanta, jeans is not the best option.  The Blue has these pants that looks similar to denim, but in it's very very very light weight cotton. They have all type of colors. They're going for $55 at the outlet and $87 online. I purchased several pairs...the Grey Blue and Brown Grey

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...1714249178&cagpspn=pla&site_refer=GGLPRADS001

Back
Top Bottom