Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I have never paid full price for anything j crew

So did what's his name get banned... It's been quiet

I think so. In Meth we trust :nthat:

Would you wear a another persons underwear after washing them?

meh, I wouldn't think of that as the same. I'll continue buying gently used sportcoats though.

Wis that cardigan is nice man :pimp:

Yeah Wis, I like that cardigan too man.

RE: Buying used items. I think the irony lies in the fact that a lot of individuals who say they can't believe people buy used clothing are the same individuals who are selling used clothing/sneakers.

Damn. So sand colored pants with black accessories? Can't eem swing navy doe?

But yes TaT does do just pants but can't have any large cats in that circle. Perhaps indochino for a MTM route. Then again that color/weight would not be sold currently because it's getting colder. Why not OTR then alter?

Edit: For shirts get the the whole group to order Modern Tailor's $25 MTM test shirt deal.
Have all details match, just adjust for sizes. Bet it'll save a bundle.

I disagree.

It looks better when the suit color and shoes roughly match (i.e. gray suit/white shirt/black shoes) and everything else depends on the guy. Matching ties looks pretty boring and having the groom pick the wedding ties that are in the same-ish hue, but different pattern's, shades, etc. (If not a DB dude, with the advice of someone who knows what they're doing) is something that will not only look good, but also be appreciated by the wedding party.

I'm in charge of the attire for my sister's wedding next summer (downtown Chicago - obviously different style than a beach wedding) and we're both in agreement that the last thing you want to do is have a wedding party that looks like they were outfitted at Jos A Banks.

Damn. So sand colored pants with black accessories? Can't eem swing navy doe?

But yes TaT does do just pants but can't have any large cats in that circle. Perhaps indochino for a MTM route. Then again that color/weight would not be sold currently because it's getting colder. Why not OTR then alter?

Edit: For shirts get the the whole group to order Modern Tailor's $25 MTM test shirt deal.
Have all details match, just adjust for sizes. Bet it'll save a bundle.

I disagree.

It looks better when the suit color and shoes roughly match (i.e. gray suit/white shirt/black shoes) and everything else depends on the guy. Matching ties looks pretty boring and having the groom pick the wedding ties that are in the same-ish hue, but different pattern's, shades, etc. (If not a DB dude, with the advice of someone who knows what they're doing) is something that will not only look good, but also be appreciated by the wedding party.

I'm in charge of the attire for my sister's wedding next summer (downtown Chicago - obviously different style than a beach wedding) and we're both in agreement that the last thing you want to do is have a wedding party that looks like they were outfitted at Jos A Banks.
I think you misunderstood what I meant by that suggestion.

For MTM, you can get almost any detail you can think of for the shirt. For example, you can choose a hidden placket, perhaps one pocket, french cuffs, single barrel, double barrel, monograms, etc. The list goes on. That is what I meant by making those match.

But honestly, when I get married, I'd prefer my groomsmen to all have the same pattern for their tie, but my circle knows better than to pull some Jos. A Bank stuff out :lol:
I actually bet a bunch of cats on here will get an invite when I do tie the knot. Outside of the thread I text/am part of a group chat with a handful of individuals that I have met on here. Not just interweb friends at this point.
:pimp:

Any way here are the J Crew pickups from today. Bonus pic my two favorite DB style kicks at the moment. I bought the shirts (especially the red henley) with these kicks in mind. Should make for some nice fits. The Wallace and Barnes piece is easily my favorite pickup from today although I did have my eye on the sweater too. Henley and chambray were random pickups.

I love all the pieces but still think I could have gotten a better deal somehow. Any help on that? Paging ksteezy...it's J Crew bro.

30% off sale items in-store?

I will not buy AE Dalton's

Nope, nope, nope.

I will most certaintly buy AE Dalton's
I will buy AE Dalton's
I will buy AE Dalton's
I will buy AE Dalton's
I will buy AE Dalton's
I will buy AE Dalton's
I will buy AE Dalton's
I will buy AE Dalton's
I will buy AE Dalton's
I will buy AE Dalton's
I will buy AE Dalton's
I will buy AE Dalton's
I will buy AE Dalton's
I will buy AE Dalton's
I will buy AE Dalton's
I will buy AE Dalton's

Yes, Yes, YES. :evil:

Last edited:
Whoever gets me for SS should get me a pair so I can walk across stage in them. I'll send you my cap and gown as a thank you

Waiting on those black Red Wings to come in the mail from Nordstorm :pimp:

I kept looking at them every damn day and went ahead and pulled the trigger :lol: . My first pair of Red Wings, so definitely excited.

Well... assuming that you already graduated you could try bringing in your old ID, they usually honor it. I know Wis still uses his sometimes.
Just read it cannot be applied to previous purchases. Good looks though. I'll bring it with me next time. Didn't know they did that.

how much did you get them for?
throw some on feet pics when you get the chance :D
i've been on the hunt for a pair

They were $199 flat (for shipping and no tax, not sure why) from an AE store in Alabama. Someone in this thread posted the info and I myself copped a pair in my size and couldn't be happier. I will admit I consulted with Pinoy732 before I purchased via PM and it was a great decision love the boots.

Also, through this thread I copped my first pair of AE dress shoes which I can't wait to wear to a wedding this weekend (shoes were on sale), thanks to all those who post in this thread it is truly helpful.

Well... assuming that you already graduated you could try bringing in your old ID, they usually honor it. I know Wis still uses his sometimes.
:lol: student of life. They don't even check for the ID most of the time.

I had a dream you got the walnut pair as beaters

:rofl:
I hope to join the club if I win the TSB contest! I'd probably resew ASAP and put Dainite on.

FYI we are rocking jacket, blazer or suit jacket, with jeans tomorrow. Feel free to join the flash mob!

@ReturnBama do you know if there are still Daltons for sale?

i remember i PM'd you way back when, but just kind of forgot about following through with it til recently

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom