Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Interesting. I would go with 2-buttons personally.

Here's my thing with it.

I have 2 button suits. I never, EVER button the second button. The second button ends up hiding, and it always looks like a single button anyway.

I figure hey why not try a single button. Because of some changes in my life recently, I've come to the conclusion that I'll be buying 1 or two suits once a quarter, so why not try something different with this one.

Wait....so people left because of the constructive criticism?  We talking about Wi here?
roll.gif

Dude had the audacity to wear a X-Small slim fit floral print tank top and slim fit jeans with some pink foamposites in a thread titled "dressing better."
roll.gif
 Wearing Jordans with a blazer and chinos? Come on man. The criticism was not rooted in hate, we were trying to help you bro, just giving you our honest opinion. Take it from me, transparency and honesty about where you can improve can be some of the most valuable things in life, whether it be in work, school, or a thread like this, to not be open to it is ignorant and snobbish. 
Go to page 1177 if you wanna see why he left.

It's too bad he was extra sensitive because he dropped a lot of good info and I really liked a lot of his professional/work outfits.

Would never even consider wearing some of the outfits he would post on weekends though. I thought he was joking about owning pink foams until I saw that pic posted, blew my mind
laugh.gif

That's really a shame why a bunch of folk have disappeared.

Truth be told, there's a lot of peoples style in here, that I could never ever replicate, cause it doesn't fit with my shape or personality, but I certainly respect their posting and inspiration I gained from those posts.

Hell I wouldn't wear most of the leathers that RFX posts cause of my shape and style, but he influenced my decision on the two current leathers I have.

WJ4 definitely had me thinking about stepping my shoe game up and also stepping out of the box when it came to conventional dressing better.

Pinoy had me actually walking into thrift stores :lol:

AceofJays was probably the closest to where I'm heading style wise..

It's a shame cause I always felt like this place wasn't as elitist as some of the other forums...

Last edited:
As far as white dress shirts, which company makes the best fitting shirts?

Do you guy's just invest in custom shirts?

OR take off the rack shirts and get them tailored?

Asking for best fitting isn't that good since everyone has different body shapes and how they like a shirt to fit so it might be good for one but not good for another.
As far as off the rack goes, kamakura/kent wang has fit best for me

If you're taking off the rack shirts to tailor, i'd rather just go get a custom made one since you can customize everything and have it fit right

Spent some quality time with my tailor today...

Still not sure on two button or one. He was saying I should pull the trigger on just a 1 button jacket. (any opinions on this?)
Peak wide lapels.
3 pockets
Double opening in the back.
(forgot the exact term for it) Rolled up pant cuff by about an inch or so since I have very skinny legs compared to my upperbody.
like this:
wellfittedsuitcuff.jpg

I would get the one button if I was getting a custom tuxedo blazer done. Aside from that, I think two button is the classic look. It's not that the one button is "inappropriate" , but it is typically reserved for formal events. And by formal I mean black tie.

Yes.

Spent some quality time with my tailor today...

Still not sure on two button or one. He was saying I should pull the trigger on just a 1 button jacket. (any opinions on this?)
Peak wide lapels.
3 pockets
Double opening in the back.
(forgot the exact term for it) Rolled up pant cuff by about an inch or so since I have very skinny legs compared to my upperbody.
like this:
wellfittedsuitcuff.jpg

I would get the one button if I was getting a custom tuxedo blazer done. Aside from that, I think two button is the classic look. It's not that the one button is "inappropriate" , but it is typically reserved for formal events. And by formal I mean black tie.

Hmm, I hear you.

Maybe I shouldn't jump the gun, and stick with the 2-button. Good lookin out on the insight....

I think 1-button is perfectly fine these days, it really should be no problem.

However, that suit posted seems overly long, like it is a short overcoat instead of a suit. I would like to see it worn to see it's actual length on the person.

Yes.
Hmm, I hear you.

Maybe I shouldn't jump the gun, and stick with the 2-button. Good lookin out on the insight....

Yea I just went back and read some more of your posts and saw a pic of how it should come out. If it's just one suit in a large rotation, nothing wrong with having a little fun. Looks good, would def be a nice look at a wedding :nthat:

However, that suit posted seems overly long, like it is a short overcoat instead of a suit. I would like to see it worn to see it's actual length on the person.

Yeah I think it looks overly long cause it's sitting on display. I think once mine is fitted to me I'll be happy... I'll post pics at my next fitting...

We've already agreed that the length of mine shouldn't be too short cause I'm not Ryan Gosling, nor too long cause I'm not that tall either :lol:

Something I just read...

"You might have noticed on the recent runways that the industry now prefers much shorter suit jackets. This compliments the slimmer suit cut and makes the overall look much more contemporary. However, this applies to two and three-button suits only.

The elongated triangular shape of a ‘one-button’ jacket allows you to opt for some extra cloth. In fact, going longer is desirable with this style, as this only puts more emphasis on the wide-shouldered, lean look. Being too short is a common flaw with some of the one-button suits offered by high street retailers. Shorter cut one button suits give off a 1960s rock’n'roll aesthetic, which is rather less elegant and not as suitable in an office environment."

http://www.fashionbeans.com/2012/guide-to-one-button-suits/

Bare in mind I have ridiculously wide/broad shoulders for my body.

Yeah I think it looks overly long cause it's sitting on display. I think once mine is fitted to me I'll be happy... I'll post pics at my next fitting...

We've already agreed that the length of mine shouldn't be too short cause I'm not Ryan Gosling, nor too long cause I'm not that tall either :lol:

What you trying to say bout Gosling bruh :nerd:

Speaking of.....my girl's event company is going with a Great Gatsby theme for their NYE celebration/party.

i have no clue what to wear. I was definitely thinking midnight blue, velvet dinner jacket, black trousers and patent black shoes

Or maybe even a white dinner jacket (even though i don't trust myself with white). Also, its gonna be in Miami, so i dunno if my black a** will be sweating in velvet.

Help me out, dads.

Speaking of.....my girl's event company is going with a Great Gatsby theme for their NYE celebration/party.

i have no clue what to wear. I was definitely thinking midnight blue, velvet dinner jacket, black trousers and patent black shoes

Or maybe even a white dinner jacket (even though i don't trust myself with white). Also, its gonna be in Miami, so i dunno if my black a** will be sweating in velvet.

Help me out, dads.

I know brooks brothers had a great gatsby collection recently, not sure how much is left….

What's the purpose of the shirt? For work? Are you going to be putting a lot of miles on it? 

Nordstrom brand dress shirts believe it or not are actually excellent quality shirts that are extremely durable and great value. Get it in the Trim Fit and have some light tailoring done and you'll be set. The only knock on them is that you have no choice but to get wrinkle free fabric, which, a lot of people seem to hate, but over time, especially if you travel a lot for work, you start to appreciate the wrinkle free fabric. 

Help me out, dads.

I know brooks brothers had a great gatsby collection recently, not sure how much is left….

LOL son, i'm not paying for that collection. How often am i really gonna wear it?

My girl is actually a really dope tailor/seamstress. I'm giving her my measurements and she's gonna put the jacket together for me. Even if it comes out mehhh, i'm not gonna trip, cuz it was basically free.

Help me out, dads.

Where are you copping/did you cop either of those dinner jackets from :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

J Crew has a decent looking velvet blazer. I would buy but I know I would only wear it for that one night and never wear it again.

Help me out, dads.

Just look up 1920's fashion and you will get a good idea. I am not really sure there were many velvet blazers back then, I've seen the movies including the 49 and 74(?) version and velvet suits weren't present iirc. Were you thinking of Leo in Django? :lol:

As a suggestion though, either go with white/ivory suit or brown tweed w/ a straw hat or newsboy cap. For Florida weather, a white linen suit is probably the most ideal since it is light and very thin but at this time of the year, I am not sure how difficult it is to find one in stores.

Last edited:
The Evolution of Motorcycle Style

The Power Ranger
Unfortunately motorcycle fashion, much like mainstream fashion, took a turn for the worse in the 1980s. Thanks to the Kawasaki Ninja and the rise of sport bikes, bikers wanted to look like their favorite racers, so they wore day-glo leather jackets with crazy shapes and zigzags on them, and suddenly the motorcycling world had been overrun by throngs of Power Ranger lookalikes.

that red jacket is dope what are they talking about. also that pic predates power rangers by a decade

What you trying to say bout Gosling bruh :nerd:

I don't have the same frame as him. He can afford to wear the super modern fitted damn near spray on look. I can't.

Back
Top Bottom