Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Peak started out that wide iirc, I believe peak lapels were much wider back then too just by the way it is shaped.

These days, those wider ones are probably aren't your typical width.

Last edited:
Pretty bummed that Jcrew doesn't have 36s in stock for any of the chino suits...under $200 for a suit, can't beat that.

:smh:

Just went into my local J Crew and got the chino Ludlow in wheat for $115. Jacket was marked down to 110 and pants were 80 with 40% off. :pimp:

Gotta get the pants hemmed but everything else fits well.

So 40% off doesn't need any coupon? It's already marked down the extra 40% off?

Last edited:
Didn't think so, thanks for the inputs. It looks great though. Personally I don't like any lapels slimmer than 3.5"

Dude looks too clean in that mugshot. I would wear that today, just without the club collar

Correct. All sale items in store are an extra 40% off (they factor in the discount at the register). The signs said the sale ends today but I'm sure they will have it again next weekend or something.

FYI, my receipt also said that they were final sale, so just a heads up for those ordering via phone. Make sure you know your size first.

Last edited:

Correct. All sale items in store are an extra 40% off (they factor in the discount at the register). The signs said the sale ends today but I'm sure they will have it again next weekend or something.

FYI, my receipt also said that they were final sale, so just a heads up for those ordering via phone. Make sure you know your size first.
hhhornet15 hhhornet15 what size did you end up getting?

Just went into my local J Crew and got the chino Ludlow in wheat for $115. Jacket was marked down to 110 and pants were 80 with 40% off. :pimp:

Gotta get the pants hemmed but everything else fits well.

Really don't need this at all but that price got me thinking lol

Saw this in Jcrew today. My JC Penney suit (which I got for $60) fits allot better than the ludlow. The top button feels really low.

Great prices on the ludlow! Beautiful suit for the summer.

Here's my thing with it.

I have 2 button suits. I never, EVER button the second button. The second button ends up hiding, and it always looks like a single button anyway.

I figure hey why not try a single button. Because of some changes in my life recently, I've come to the conclusion that I'll be buying 1 or two suits once a quarter, so why not try something different with this one.

The single button is fine man. I went with that for my Navy Indochino mostly based because the buttoning stance on their 1 button jackets is much lower than on their 2 button ones. They have me the option of adding the second button but like you I never button the second button so didn't see the point. You got me thinking that maybe I should switch that on my current bespoke order on the POW.

Great prices on the ludlow! Beautiful suit for the summer.
The single button is fine man. I went with that for my Navy Indochino mostly based because the buttoning stance on their 1 button jackets is much lower than on their 2 button ones. They have me the option of adding the second button but like you I never button the second button so didn't see the point. You got me thinking that maybe I should switch that on my current bespoke order on the POW.

one button jackets usually look better on the athletic build, with a 7 + drop in chest to waist. It is meant to accentuate those lines, for an aggressive look. A different build won't do justice to the one button look.

What yall doing for gloves this season?

I was checking these out.. any info? recs? What are the ideal features/materials (etc..) needed in a solid pair of gloves.

http://www.mrporter.com/product/389028

http://www.mrporter.com/product/392206

http://www.mrporter.com/product/389026

http://www.mrporter.com/product/389024

I know Dents is a good brand..

I like the 2nd & 3rd pairs. I'm not sure on the terminology but I think the details & stitching just looks sleeker, it looks like pick-stitching on the other two.
I really like that the Merola gloves are midnight blue.

My copper RW moc toe boots came in today, they actually shipped them next day air which was shocking, boots are really nice, a lot darker than I expected but they will work. Thanks again to all those who posted the sale and assisted, $150 well spent.

For those looking for Red Wings, hit up your local Nordstrom Rack. At two seperates Racks around my way, I saw full size runs of Moc Toes ($139.99), Round Toes ($139.99) and Beckmans ($179.99). Also, they were in a variety of colorways.

**Edit: added Rack prices

Thanks for the info

He'll have me sorted out by last week of November. Normally it should take 6-7 weeks. But he knows I got a wedding to go to at the end of the month, so he'll sort me out.

Btw, it's 3 piece with the waist coat.

120 a good grade to start off with?
Where is your tailor and roughly how much did you spend?

He'll have me sorted out by last week of November. Normally it should take 6-7 weeks. But he knows I got a wedding to go to at the end of the month, so he'll sort me out.

Btw, it's 3 piece with the waist coat.

120 a good grade to start off with?
Where is your tailor and roughly how much did you spend?

I don't live in America anymore. But he goes by the name Frank Bespoke.

So I'm spending approximately 700USD.

Another guy I met with wanted 900USD as a base price :smh:

Last edited:
Taking DapperBroLinkUp to new heights.

Whatever happens in DBNT South East Asia Tour, stays in DBNT South East Asia Tour ???

Not to gravedig but if anyone ever makes it through Bangkok or Laos let me know I'll put you on to some **** no homo

Back
Top Bottom