Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Welp, I know someone feels some type of way.

A canvassed garment will far out last a fused piece but I suppose to each their own.

However please note that Suit Supply offers half canvassed suiting options starting at $469. At $600, unless you are getting at least 25% off, you aren't matching the price point

And even still, whether you would like to admit it or not, the construction will most assuredly be lacking in comparison.

But then again, if you went SS, I guess you couldn't say "it's J.crew Bro.." :\ :lol:

im not counting out SS, just Jcrew has been more accessible to me and ive had my navy suit for about 3 years, plenty of wears and it hasnt desintegrated on me :lol:

to call it a "piece of crap" its a reach bruh.

Compared to what??....i think for the price point of 600$ without the 15% student discount and rebates you can catch every now and then, its nice....the whole canvassed vs fused thing only matters to people like you, thats highly invested in being suited up, someone like Wis, as well, the average joe, just trying to look good can do so very well in a ludlow, we both walk into a party (not an MAB party) you in your Fully canvassed Bespoke and me in my fused ludlow and the yambs will still gravitate to me :pimp:
For that same $600 I can get a MTM suit from TaT that I can detail how I want, ie two button or one.

And the Ludlow suits can get higher than $600 too with some of the fabrics offered.

It's funny that even the die hard J. Crew fans on SF are kind of getting tired of the brand.

No need to act up, man. No one is taking shots at you.

I bought an express suit for a 150 last week

:rolleyes

Sorry its not good enough A.

So if one buys a kodak he should forever be on that team?

I couldn't afford more than express back in college and even then, it was on deep discount. Now that I am working full time, I can splurge and buy better quality but don't get it twisted, I have no full on bespoke pieces (sample sale only). However, at a competitive price point, I am getting fully canvassed joints for $500 with thick as thieves. Pretty clear to see what's the better value here as long as the longevity of a purchase is of importance to the buyer. If jcrew works, by all means. At a discount I believe it's fine. But as stated, it needs to hit at least 25% to compete price wise.

Construction is a whole nother ball game.

Haha. No lies, man. When I first saw snow like 2 months ago, that Drake vid came to mind.

We all said the Ludlow is a good buy on deep discount. Retail wise, it's not the best option out there. Didn't say don't cop period.

They're trolling now though. They have a vid up on IG with a suit surfing in a Ludlow suit. Lol.

:rofl:

Wis no need to get defensive bruh, I enjoy ya posts, after all this is the DB thread and there should always be those members who are a lot more in touch with things like fabrics and such...so it's appreciated.

A thing is, now that you sit on Bespoke this and that due to your new financial advantage, you want to call these suits "crap" but last year when that's all you could afford you were suggesting it to others...lettuce be cereal here

Wis, I own 3 ludlows, all which have been had for about 450$ after discounts.

A was dipped in express suits just last year, all of a sudden its fully canvassed or death :rolleyes :smh: :lol:

Fully Canvassed > Half Canvassed > Fused

I get what you're saying but I still have to disagree. I have a couple of fused suits still, hell one of them is going on 3 plus years but it doesn't compare to my SS or Indochino one's (half-canvassed) or MAB (fully canvassed). Do I wear suits everyday? No but I try and wear them at least once a week.

Much like Adrian my thing is this: If a suit is $600 and even with a 25% discount it comes down to $450 which is pretty much the same as a half-canvassed suit from SuitSupply; which are $449, I think maybe $400 in some cases, why would I not spend the $450 and get the half-canvassed one? Especially if it's at full retail price. Some things being ignored about half-canvassed and fully canvassed suits besides how long they could last is the draping of the suit over time. Fused suits never conform to the wearers body; now granted if the ludlow or any OTR fits wells in the chest that may not be an issue but half and fully canvassed suits, their canvas actually conform to the wearers body over time. Considering Adrian has found a maker to do his for $500 and fully canvassed why not go with them over $450 half canvassed or $600 fused suit. In short, more bang for the buck, when going half-canvassed at a similar price point.

However...if I had a limited budget and could only spend $200 on a suit then you bet I will go the fused route and buy something to get me by. My 3 year old fused suit...I paid $75 for it, best $75 I spent. What I will say is it doesn't feel even close to any of my half or fully canvassed suits. As a disclaimer though I've done bespoke and well that's in a league of its own. However if I fit the specs of Thick as Thieves I would be suited up in fully canvassed at $550 in a heartbeat versus going to J. Crew and dropping 6 bills on a fused suit...or $450 for that matter.

And yes if you were to walk into MAB in a fused suit, they would be able to tell.

Last edited:
Basura for retail in terms of overall quality x price

If a cat comes in here saying he can afford a ludlow, I assume he is looking to spend $400+ not $100ish like when I couldn't afford better. If you have 4-5 hundos, I'm finna put you on to a better quality suit.

No offense, because I know you are happy with your purchases, but as you stated, you copped for $450 a pop after discounts. If you went TaT, you could've scooped for $480 at the time, and get more options and a better quality piece. All I'm saying brodie

Btw I still suggest JCF and express to those who come to me with a $200-250 price point.

If you can afford more, I'll say SS vs a ludlow. Hence what is happening here.

Really want to dip into Suit Supply, but why no open a SoCal location?

Really want to try TaT, but why no do above 42' chest?

Definitely a bang for your buck guy, I don't wear a suit enough to justify a fused vs half canvassed vs canvassed argument. I like the Ludlow pieces I have, just like I like the BR pieces I still have. Tailored of course. At the end, fit is extremely important, sadly most don't appreciate the intricacies of the suits you guys are arguing about. :lol: ... :frown:

My Navy JCF Thompson has been getting a lot of miles logged and lots of compliments.

Last edited:
Basura for retail in terms of overall quality x price

If a cat comes in here saying he can afford a ludlow, I assume he is looking to spend $400+ not $100ish like when I couldn't afford better. If you have 4-5 hundos, I'm finna put you on to a better quality suit.

No offense, because I know you are happy with your purchases, but as you stated, you copped for $450 a pop after discounts. If you went TaT, you could've scooped for $480 at the time, and get more options and a better quality piece. All I'm saying brodie

Word to big bird.

Hacked pockets, ticket pocket, lining color choice, fabric choice, 3 button, 2 button, 1 button or double breasted, etc. and for an additional $30 that's not so bad.

Really want to dip into Suit Supply, but why no open a SoCal location?

Really want to try TaT, but why no do above 42' chest?

Definitely a bang for your buck guy, I don't wear a suit enough to justify a fused vs half canvassed vs canvassed argument. I like the Ludlow pieces I have, just like I like the BR pieces I still have. Tailored of course. At the end, fit is extremely important, sadly most don't appreciate the intricacies of the suits you guys are arguing about. :lol: ... :frown:

My Navy JCF Thompson has been getting a lot of miles logged and lots of compliments.

The not above a 42" chest thing also annoys me from TaT...I think according to Jason he doesn't feel that the pattern that he has created doesn't suit anyone over a size 42 chest.

I think SS is going to open a location some time next year in LA. Beverly Hills I believe...Beverly Center.

Haha. No lies, man. When I first saw snow like 2 months ago, that Drake vid came to mind.

We all said the Ludlow is a good buy on deep discount. Retail wise, it's not the best option out there. Didn't say don't cop period.

They're trolling now though. They have a vid up on IG with a suit surfing in a Ludlow suit. Lol.

They are definitely goin ham for the new Ludlow Traveler suit. I am expecting more IG pics and videos of dude doing wild stunts in the Traveler.

Back
Top Bottom