Jorts
AF1 Mids
Jerseys
New Era Panel Fitteds
+NBA logo jeans
+Girbaud Jeans

:frown:

We old brahs.

I had the long tees, jorts and AF1 lows. My parents couldn't afford to buy me the other stuff listed :lol:

I look back on some old pictures from back then and I simply smh in disgust. What the Hell was I thinking? Thank GOD I wasn't an adult during the baggy clothes era.

BTW, AE 2 for $250 going on now?

Last edited:
Loving the Indochino Options...Im still a ways from my wedding day so Sunday is a little to soon, but I don't mind the $450 when the time comes. Thanks!!!

When do you need it by?

It usually takes about 4 weeks for them to deliver it to your doorstep, however; and I say this as an Indochino customer, the likelihood that you may have to have something remade can likely and will happen. This is true especially if you're a first time customer so you may want to allot an additional 3-4 weeks (usually more like 3) if something has to be remade.

Man, I remember those days.

Long Tees
Jorts
AF1 Mids
Jerseys
New Era Panel Fitteds
+NBA logo jeans
+Girbaud Jeans

frown.gif

We old brahs.
I had the long tees, jorts and AF1 lows. My parents couldn't afford to buy me the other stuff listed
laugh.gif

I look back on some old pictures from back then and I simply smh in disgust. What the Hell was I thinking? Thank GOD I wasn't an adult during the baggy clothes era.

BTW, AE 2 for $250 going on now?
Nah it isnt. Hopefully it does in June. Looks like Reddit was wrong

Jealous of all you west coast cats. Just spent a week in San Diego for work, the women there were :pimp:
Should've hit me up, man. We could've linked up!

Thanks...I'd say I'm more on the leaner side so I'll check it out
I see you're in SD. If you're going the TaT route, it's best if you meet up with Jason to have him measure you. It'll be a 2 hour drive or so, but I would do it personally.

When do you need it by?

It usually takes about 4 weeks for them to deliver it to your doorstep, however; and I say this as an Indochino customer, the likelihood that you may have to have something remade can likely and will happen. This is true especially if you're a first time customer so you may want to allot an additional 3-4 weeks (usually more like 3) if something has to be remade.

Just proposed so the wedding is tentatively set for 2016, so I've got plenty of time. I'll def keep that advice in mind if ordering. Thank you

Should've hit me up, man. We could've linked up!
I see you're in SD. If you're going the TaT route, it's best if you meet up with Jason to have him measure you. It'll be a 2 hour drive or so, but I would do it personally.

Yes the 2hrs isn't bad at all for what I'm guessing is a great quality product. I'll hit him up the closer I get to it.

What are some dress shoe brands you can recommend? I have pretty limited knowledge on those, especially for tuxes

Yes the 2hrs isn't bad at all for what I'm guessing is a great quality product. I'll hit him up the closer I get to it.

What are some dress shoe brands you can recommend? I have pretty limited knowledge on those, especially for tuxes
You may want to hit him up about 2 months in advance. This is his side business. He ha a full time job too.

Shoes: I'd go with black dress shoes or black patent. Not sure how much you want to spend, but $300 or so should suffice on the lower end (for Allen Edmonds).

I would look at black calf as oppose to patent because you'll be able to wear that for less formal occasions afterwards.

You may want to hit him up about 2 months in advance. This is his side business. He ha a full time job too.

Shoes: I'd go with black dress shoes or black patent. Not sure how much you want to spend, but $300 or so should suffice on the lower end (for Allen Edmonds).

I would look at black calf as oppose to patent because you'll be able to wear that for less formal occasions afterwards.

Sounds good, I may even go a little farther out just to have everything in hand.

I def want to go the black calf route, as unlike the bride, I will be wearing this out fit again.

I have a couple pairs of AE's (Clifton's, Boca Ratons)...don't really like the way the Clifton's would look with a tux...

Any other brands, models? I'd say no more than

Sounds good, I may even go a little farther out just to have everything in hand.

I def want to go the black calf route, as unlike the bride, I will be wearing this out fit again.

I have a couple pairs of AE's (Clifton's, Boca Ratons)...don't really like the way the Clifton's would look with a tux...

any of you put metal taps on your shoes? You're going to have to resole them eventually so i was thinking of wearing my shoes as is and then when i get it resoled, to have taps put onto them. Should I just put the taps on now when new?

That's a high range with a lot of options. Crockett and Jones Handgrade, Joseph Cheaney Handgrade, Carmina shell, and Alden shell are in your range. I have all the brands mentioned as well and quality is nice for the price.

If you want to trek down to Beverly Hills, Leather Soul has great shoes for you to try on though I think Alden is the only brand they carry under $1k.

I would personally have everything on deck a couple of weeks before the wedding. That's just me. I really dislike last minute hassle.

One brand under $1,000, yeah I'll be staying out of there lol.

Thanks for the list of brands I'll be looking into those.

And yes last minute is something I try to stay away from, although the wedding is two years out we are def laying down the foundation and developing the plan

any of you put metal taps on your shoes? You're going to have to resole them eventually so i was thinking of wearing my shoes as is and then when i get it resoled, to have taps put onto them. Should I just put the taps on now when new?
I don't. I wear my soles as is. I have a friend who used to put them on his shoes. He stopped because he said they for stuck on stairs.

I would just resole when the sole is soft and thin enough. Unless you're walking mad miles on concrete daily, a good pair can last a decade or so before they can't be resoled anymore.

I would look at wholecut shoe styles, many brands offer them. I think their simplistic design can be very formal, but you could still wear them regularly unlike patent leather shoes.

I agree they can be formal I've just never liked the whole cut styles

For those with a Century 21 close by, they have 25% off their Brooks Brothers Black Fleece suits (limited selection); came out to $300 with an additional 20% off with their mobile app savings. Bought a 38R in Navy, fits great with minimal alterations needed.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Navy-...var_FK00060_Color=NAVY&contentpos=6&cgid=0717

Also found these in Magnanni Benito's at Nordstrom Rack for $100; I typically wear AE's but for this price I thought it was worth a shot 

http://www.magnanni.com/products/92-benito-black.aspx

For those with a Century 21 close by, they have 25% off their Brooks Brothers Black Fleece suits (limited selection); came out to $300 with an additional 20% off with their mobile app savings. Bought a 38R in Navy, fits great with minimal alterations needed.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Navy-...var_FK00060_Color=NAVY&contentpos=6&cgid=0717

Also found these in Magnanni Benito's at Nordstrom Rack for $100; I typically wear AE's but for this price I thought it was worth a shot 

http://www.magnanni.com/products/92-benito-black.aspx

Which one if you don't mind me asking? I was by one today.

Which one if you don't mind me asking? I was by one today.
Century 21 by Lincoln Center and Nordstrom Rack in Union Square 

If you were looking for the suit, the Century 21 by WTC also had them but only size 36R, I headed to Lincoln Center after and found the last 38 there; scattered sizes left now (36R,42L and 44L)

Last edited:
Century 21 by Lincoln Center and Nordstrom Rack in Union Square 

If you were looking for the suit, the Century 21 by WTC also had them but only size 36R, I headed to Lincoln Center after and found the last 38 there; scattered sizes left now (36R,42L and 44L)

I was at the one in Paramus but didn't even bother to walk into Century 21, the NR didn't have anything spectacular though.

What matters more is what they're made of. All of mine are from nordstrom/nordstrom rack and made of cedar. As long as you're not buying the plastic ones from cvs you're good
My nordstrom rack doesn't have any, I was just gonna go to Bed Bath and Beyond. They have cedar ones there.

Rack def had some Dre. Peeped near the shoes?

Either way, most cedar trees are made by Woodlore. AE ones aren't any better (i have some from when C was the resident connect). If you could cop for around $10-15 you did good.

Back
Top Bottom