Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Thats silly, because they can cut the material from the inside and put back the double stitched line, I taper all of my RRL denim without losing the selvedge line. I think tailoring and costs really are relative to location. I have a great tailor in the LES and pay about 7-10 per pair of denim, I tailor damn near every pair of pants I purchase.

At least the tailor was honest that he didn't want to try it in case he messes up or maybe he's had an unsatisfied customer before and didn't want to deal with it.

It boggles my mind that folks put in so much thought about what to wear (unless it's a fashion related job where they might ask you to explain your wardrobe of choice on the spot). I spend most of the time researching the company and do my best in the interview.

But this is exactly what the thread is about. It's not like he went to "Job Interviewing Better Thread" and asked what to wear. :lol:

But this is exactly what the thread is about. It's not like he went to "Job Interviewing Better Thread" and asked what to wear. :lol:
I guess so, but I always thought the primary purpose of this thread is to serve as a foundation to building a new robust wardrobe and evolving from the (NT definitition of) streetwear stage.

As someone who's been on both sides of the table, most places wouldn't care if you showed up in a Pitti Uomo approved outfit or a suit that's a size too big. As long as you put an effort and show up in a suit and look presentable, you're good.

the job is an internal one so i'm just looking for anything to get a leg up

yes you are right most people show up in big, black chopper suits and square toed shoes.

but anything to make myself more handsome and charm my way into a higher salary :wink:

hell now that i think about it most times i just had a shirt and tie and slacks and gotten jobs when i was younger, but this one has a bit more prestige. (no christopher nolan)

i have to try and find a tailor in my area that will taper from the inside seam, as it bothers me to have the outside seam wider beyond a certain point (selvedge or not).

kind of want this. i wonder what the quality is like

http://www.theshrine.co/products/duffel

This thread isn't what it used to be...

Either everybody gotten busy or they just moved on to bigger things....

This thread isn't what it used to be...

Either everybody gotten busy or they just moved on to bigger things....
Speak for yourself, Mike! JK. I haven't seen you in ages. Hope all is well, man. Did you change your number?

Yes, the volume of posts significantly slowed down.

Bought some Ted baker endurance shirts for work.. Really nice so far.. and cheaper than thomas pink (even when they go on sale)

We'll see how they hold up after couple washes

can someone recommended me a pair of casual-dress shoes that are appropriate for work? i'll be walking a lot in them around the city, so comfort is very important but don't want to sacrifice too much of style.

can someone recommended me a pair of casual-dress shoes that are appropriate for work? i'll be walking a lot in them around the city, so comfort is very important but don't want to sacrifice too much of style.

How much you looking to spend?

And how causal we talking? Loafers or drivers work?

Probably go check out Cole haan

I have 2 pairs of Banana Republic Chukka boots I bought for half off many years ago when I couldn't afford anything better. I still wear them today in foul weather. No lies...they are beyond comfy, more so than my dress shoes that cost 8x that. I was so glad when I had to do a 2 min dash across the two long terminals in Chicago that I had them on. Quality isn't the best, but they're not pricey as well. I feel it's a good compromise between comfy and style.

If you want pure comfort...try Ecco or Rockport, but man...shoes are not the prettiest :lol:

PS to anyone and everyone....feel free to ask any questions, as long as it's not trolling. Some of the regular knuckleheads may try to get some LOLZ in, but they mean no harm. All bark, and no bite.

i'm looking to drop maybe around $100? i want a shoe that feels close to a sneaker, not as dressy as oxfords but still got some style. prob top it with a dress shirt and jeans/khakis. hope this helps.

i'm looking to drop maybe around $100? i want a shoe that feels close to a sneaker, not as dressy as oxfords but still got some style. prob top it with a dress shirt and jeans/khakis. hope this helps.
Yeah, I think I paid no more than $100 per pair when I copped mine. BR often has sales for 40-50% off and that's when I got them.

I got two pairs, black and brown. I wear them with anything and everything from suit to jeans.

http://40.media.tumblr.com/6e7dee22abbb083a383a50c17883f96f/tumblr_mvetmc9xkv1rux7jzo2_1280.png

http://41.media.tumblr.com/35b51e77143c105e1bd008b93f252c36/tumblr_mvgqg7DTMV1rux7jzo2_1280.png

http://40.media.tumblr.com/85b6ae18f6c801951bdcd7adf09c7ce1/tumblr_mvxigw3DLT1rux7jzo1_1280.png

new to dry cleaning.

paid 25.00 dollars to clean a reversible down jacket
& 5.50 to steam press two t-shirt.

is that normal rates or super high?

new to dry cleaning.

paid 25.00 dollars to clean a reversible down jacket
& 5.50 to steam press two t-shirt.

is that normal rates or super high?

Not really and plus by paying that your protecting your clothes allowing you to spend less money on new clothes. Only thing I don't take to the cleaners are tshirts unless its a designer ones like gucci or something.

Back
Top Bottom