Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Nice pickup @Hennessy I've been following Collegium for awhile and I really like that Veg tan pair. I think you make some good points though, I personally am not as big on CP Achilles as most in here are. I like how low profile the CP is but I'm just not a fan of the toe. With dress shoes I prefer a clean toebox but on a street sneaker like CP, Collegium, etc. I like more of a "captoe".

I actually recently scooped a pair of ETQs low top 1 that I think are very comparable with CP/Collegium/Lanvin/etc. Anyone else had any experience with ETQ? Haven't gotten to wear em out and about yet but they feel good so far from walking around the house, materials and construction are on point imo.

I don't see how that's being a "hater", am I wrong?  Maybe sneakerhead style varies by area but that's pretty much the uniform I see for them now.
You sound like one of those cats who just transitioned from wearing sneakers to chelseas or some a pair of common projects and think you're above everyone. Wash your face B.

Was thinking about getting a leather jacket, I wear a large in jackets and wondering am I suppose to size down or get regular size?,since I heard leathers stretch a lot

Was thinking about getting a leather jacket, I wear a large in jackets and wondering am I suppose to size down or get regular size?,since I heard leathers stretch a lot
PM me if you are interested in going MTM with an upcoming NTer's leather jacket business. I posted the MA-1 I received from him a few days back.

True, I just don't like the way rented stuff fits.

I almost opted out of being part of my brother's wedding party because his wife wanted us to wear rented suits from Black & Lee. I actually bought a Saint Laurent tuxedo, which she made me return. The fit of the rented tux was a disaster but after a few drinks it was the last thing on my mind.

This is a fairly difficult question, since a large is different from brand to brand. If you have the opportunity to try on before purchasing, I'd suggest buying one that fits perfectly from the start. Not all leather stretches much, and even something like lamb which stretches a fair bit won't really change the size you should get, IMO.

Last edited:
PM me if you are interested in going MTM with an upcoming NTer's leather jacket business. I posted the MA-1 I received from him a few days back.
How much did that jawn cost? Looked super nice in your fit and I give up on trying to find a TOJ

How much did that jawn cost? Looked super nice in your fit and I give up on trying to find a TOJ
Jackets should be priced at $750 for MTM. Feel free to PM me and I can discuss matters further. @SaiLo does offer more styles including a DR.

:lol: I am not involved in his business outside of the fact that I would like to bring such a quality line to the public's eye. Thoroughly believe his line will be able to take the niche MTM leather market. Now's the time to get in on the ground floor.

Adrian, can you do a review of the MA-1 you got from @SaiLo?

Would help us get a good feel of the leather, fit, details, etc.

Yeah, I'm actually working to kick start a revamped blog. The MA-1 will def be in the content but just have not gotten around to getting the ball rolling on it yet.

Once I finalize it, I will let you know but for now, just trust its worth the cop :lol:

If I can chime in on content, can you find out where the leather is sourced and where the factories the jackets are made? I feel like transparency is the manufacturing process would help the brand.

Just my opinion.

Pharrell is now the co-owner of G-Star
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

G-Star has been very popular in Belgium for quite a few years. The brand was literally everywhere ~4-5 years ago.

It's still fairly common but its peak popularity was insane. I'd take the bus to school and damn near the entire bus would be wearing G-Star t-shirts, hoodies, ...

Everywhere you went you'd see tons of people wearing that brand.

Last edited:
If I can chime in on content, can you find out where the leather is sourced and where the factories the jackets are made? I feel like transparency is the manufacturing process would help the brand.

Just my opinion.
I cannot confirm what tannery is being used to source leather. However, I can tell you that while Tom is working with an agreement for the production company, he is currently hand cutting and sewing each garment together by himself in Brooklyn :D

You heard me.

Adrian asked if I wanted to be part of the initial orders for SaiLo. Since I was looking at a Falcon jacket anyway, I took the plunge. I went with a stock size, and it fits just about perfect. Size chart much better than Falcon imo. Turn around time was only a few weeks. I received the jacket yesterday and I'm wearing to work today. Quality is very good and would gladly purchase another. Will take better pics when I have time.

Back
Top Bottom