Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Who copped FOG? Was able to grab the cream hoodie after like an hour of clicking aimlessly u til 4am....

Who copped FOG? Was able to grab the cream hoodie after like an hour of clicking aimlessly u til 4am....
i got annihilated last night so i missed the drop.

luckily one of the supnt homies from CA had fsr of everything at his store.

copped camo and sand shorts and sand boxy t.

Long time lurker, but until recently never had a reason/desire to spend the money to dress better. New job, new funds, new circumstances, and now I need a suit.

Any suggestions for an affordable suit that would fit well in the nyc/brooklyn area? I know suit supply has been mentioned several times, but the minimum prices I see there are $650+, and if possible I would like to not have to spend more than 3-400..

Also, went to Macy's today to try suits with their sales, and overall okay prices. Tried on 4 different jackets (different brands and slightly different sizes) and with all of them he said he could not tailor them to fit due to a wrinkle that was happening in the back just below the collar. He was saying fixing that would cause shoulders or chest area to not fit, etc. Would a nicer suit, like suit supply, possibly fix this fit issue or am I just built poorly to wear suits?

Sorry the long post and appreciate any response/feedback

Long time lurker, but until recently never had a reason/desire to spend the money to dress better. New job, new funds, new circumstances, and now I need a suit.

Any suggestions for an affordable suit that would fit well in the nyc/brooklyn area? I know suit supply has been mentioned several times, but the minimum prices I see there are $650+, and if possible I would like to not have to spend more than 3-400..

Also, went to Macy's today to try suits with their sales, and overall okay prices. Tried on 4 different jackets (different brands and slightly different sizes) and with all of them he said he could not tailor them to fit due to a wrinkle that was happening in the back just below the collar. He was saying fixing that would cause shoulders or chest area to not fit, etc. Would a nicer suit, like suit supply, possibly fix this fit issue or am I just built poorly to wear suits?

Suitsupply Napoli is $500 -- http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suit...d=Suits&prefn1=styleFit&prefv1=Classic-Napoli

Suitsupply Napoli is $500 -- http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suit...d=Suits&prefn1=styleFit&prefv1=Classic-Napoli

Some of the Napoli suits are 399. I have this Lazio and I really like it.

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/lazio-blue-plain/P4871I06.html

Finally pulled the trigg in the grana denim. Thanks to those who helped with the sizing questions. Didn't use the referral code tho... since There's actually a few bloggers with 10%off+free shipping codes. ended up paying $53 for the gray pair Using KanixGrana. When entering, it won't deduct the shipping until you hit purchase.

Last edited:
Speaking of SuitSupply, any of you guys mess with their jackets? Worth it at $400-$500 a pop?

Some of those patterned Havanas sure do look nice.

Yeah, I have several patterned/plain havanas and Washington jackets. I love them. I'd say they're worth the price, especially since they're so versatile.

everyone recommending suitsupply, but what happened to thickasthieves? I remember they used to get all the love in this thread. copped a few trousers from them a month or two ago and I was pleased.

everyone recommending suitsupply, but what happened to thickasthieves? I remember they used to get all the love in this thread. copped a few trousers from them a month or two ago and I was pleased.
when I'm ready to get my suit it will be from them

Jason is a one man show, and he has a full time job. TaT is about that mod/skinhead appeal so if you're not a thin/slim dude that likes thin lapel, then it's not for you.

SuitSupply has blown up since the inception of the thread and they have sales. Jason's stuff is made to order so no sales.

It's a lot more intimating to buy stuff from Jason especially if you don't know your own measurements, and there's no return policy. I went with him because he measured me himself.

If anyone is looking for a cheap casual briefcase, look into this: https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category...&isFromSearch=true&isNewSearch=true&hash=row3

It's the same slightly shiny material as the classic MA1 jacket. My Jack Spade I got 2 years ago from Nordstrom Rack is starting to rip. Pretty disappointed as all I do is carry it from my car to the office. Holes are forming at the corners, and all I carry are my MacBook, and a notepad. It was down to this J. Crew and a Barbour from Nordstrom, wanted something low key and not expensive for daily use.

Anyone know of any good fashion/photo blogs?

I'm looking for inspiration to put a lookbook together, but I'm trying to find primarily good photos with also good fits. Any links would be awesome!

Only thing I'm digging is the denim (JE?), but they will probably fit all weird like the last collection.

Back
Top Bottom