Dressing Better Vol 2.0

They were gifted to me. I dont like em.

Looked up the value and saw 279 for them.

Thought I was being fair lol

Guess not. Lmao

DB famb looking to do the camel overcoat this year finally. But not really wanting to drop too much

Cheap routes i was considering - Uniqlo, J. Crew Factory, Gap (the GQ collab or regular)

I'm sure ASOS and Topman and ZARA all have options too.

Any recommendations? Would like to stay around $200

Anyone know what sweater OBJ is wearing in this pic? Looks like a turtle neck with a split hem. Can't seem to find anything similar online.

Anyone know what sweater OBJ is wearing in this pic? Looks like a turtle neck with a split hem. Can't seem to find anything similar online.

Just throwing it out there, I may not be right. Looks like the Pacsun x FOG collection. From what I remember seeing of that piece it looks very familiar as to what OBJ is wearing.

Just throwing it out there, I may not be right. Looks like the Pacsun x FOG collection. From what I remember seeing of that piece it looks very familiar as to what OBJ is wearing.
Looked it up, doesn't seem to have a split hem. Does look pretty similar though.

This is an awesome deal for a briefcase:
For some reason the direct link won't work. It is the middle bag on sale for $60: https://www.jcrew.com/search2/index...=&Npge=1&Nrpp=48&Nsrt=3&hasSplitResults=false

The direct link takes it to the navy color, which is retail. If this still isn't working...go to j.crew.com, then sales, then men, then filter by bags. It's the "Harwick briefcase" in green.

It should come to low $30, or around $30 flat if you add the student discount (in store only).

I bought one a month ago to replace my Jack Spade. The Jack Spade was bought about 2 yrs ago from Nordstrom and started tearing at the folds. Pretty disappointed since I only transfer it from my car to the office, and only have a laptop and book in it.

The J. Crew one is far superior and wouldn't mind paying retail. It's large enough to hold a 13" MacBook, a Nook, a physical notebook, the chargers, a couple headphones, pens/pencils, and a larger wallet holding a point and shoot camera and money clip.

I ordered a couple more to hand out as gifts at the $30 price point.

Also love the olive and orange...great play on the classic MA1 colorway.

Found this in store for the same price and picked it up. Nice change of pace from lugging around my Filson brief.

Hey fellas. What tends to be the best place to buy dress shoes on discount?. I used to go to Burlington back in the day. Now there's Nordstrom rack by me and the usual sales at Macy's etc.

Looking for a pair of black shoes for my buddies wedding this Saturday. Need comfort but I'll be rarely wearing them. I maybe get dressed up every other month

This is an awesome deal for a briefcase:
For some reason the direct link won't work. It is the middle bag on sale for $60: https://www.jcrew.com/search2/index...=&Npge=1&Nrpp=48&Nsrt=3&hasSplitResults=false

The direct link takes it to the navy color, which is retail. If this still isn't working...go to j.crew.com, then sales, then men, then filter by bags. It's the "Harwick briefcase" in green.

It should come to low $30, or around $30 flat if you add the student discount (in store only).

I bought one a month ago to replace my Jack Spade. The Jack Spade was bought about 2 yrs ago from Nordstrom and started tearing at the folds. Pretty disappointed since I only transfer it from my car to the office, and only have a laptop and book in it.

The J. Crew one is far superior and wouldn't mind paying retail. It's large enough to hold a 13" MacBook, a Nook, a physical notebook, the chargers, a couple headphones, pens/pencils, and a larger wallet holding a point and shoot camera and money clip.

I ordered a couple more to hand out as gifts at the $30 price point.

Also love the olive and orange...great play on the classic MA1 colorway.

Rep.

Now onto a weekend bag.

Last edited:
Hey guys, was wondering when does SSense usually have their sales?
Repped for your username.

Can anyone vouch for ASOS? In need of some tees and saw they had cheap ones on there. Or does anyone know a better place? I don't wanna pay a lot, and I wear a XXL if that helps.

Anyone wear Brook Brothers dress shirts? They are the best/thickest quality dress shirts. A little expensive so I wait till after X-mas to get the sale.

Anyone wear Brook Brothers dress shirts? They are the best/thickest quality dress shirts. A little expensive so I wait till after X-mas to get the sale.
Yes, that's all I wear for work now -- non-iron, spread/point collar BB dress shirts

How much do they typically go for on sale? I tried Charles Tyrwhitt and the fit on me was not great, but I have one or two BB shirts that fit great. 

How much do they typically go for on sale? I tried Charles Tyrwhitt and the fit on me was not great, but I have one or two BB shirts that fit great. 
Charles tyrwhitt is better than typical mall dress shirts. I wear that for work (retail) but slim fit Brooks Bros are for weddings, special ocassions. Quality is top notch. All the president wears Brooks Bros. even Obama. 

Last edited:

A good price is $50 each. They do bi-annual sales.
Word good looks. I'm gonna end up upgrading shirts and getting a few suits pre 2017 hopefully.

Charles tyrwhitt is better than typical mall dress shirts. I wear that for work (retail) but slim fit Brooks Bros are for weddings, special ocassions. Quality is top notch. All the president wears Brooks Bros. even Obama. 
My main issue with them is that their slim isnt slim, nor is their extra slim. Especially in the arms. Maybe theres something I'm missing cause two people at work wear them exclusively and theirs fit great.

Last edited:

Odd question, but does anyone know where I can find a zipper pull like this? The one on my J. Crew jacket is all bent out of shape, and the leather piece detached some time ago.

Word good looks. I'm gonna end up upgrading shirts and getting a few suits pre 2017 hopefully.

My main issue with them is that their slim isnt slim, nor is their extra slim. Especially in the arms. Maybe theres something I'm missing cause two people at work wear them exclusively and theirs fit great.

Brooks Bros quality is definitely pretty good for the price if you can get them for $50/shirt. That's all I wore my first year after graduating and getting a corporate job. Had well over $600 in non irons and only one that I wore every other week got a very small hole in it.

But their extra slim fit wasn't slim on me. The arms, chest and waist area had way too much fabric. If you want a good fitting shirt you'll have to pay $$ for a custom shirt from a tailor or get a mtm shirt. I've been using moderntailor.com for about 3 years. They have a great selection of fabrics and options such as buttons, collar types, etc. Plus their customer service is good.

My only issue with them is they are extremely slow. Just order 3 more shirts over a month ago. They finally sent me the pics of my shirts this week and asked if they looked good and if they could ship. I response to their email within 5 mins, thanked them and told them they looked good and can be shipped. It takes them 2 weekdays to response with thanks, we'll have them shipped in a few days |I

Last edited:

Brooks Bros quality is definitely pretty good for the price if you can get them for $50/shirt. That's all I wore my first year after graduating and getting a corporate job. Had well over $600 in non irons and only one that I wore every other week got a very small hole in it.

But their extra slim fit wasn't slim on me. The arms, chest and waist area had way too much fabric. If you want a good fitting shirt you'll have to pay $$ for a custom shirt from a tailor or get a mtm shirt. I've been using moderntailor.com for about 3 years. They have a great selection of fabrics and options such as buttons, collar types, etc. Plus their customer service is good.

My only issue with them is they are extremely slow. Just order 3 more shirts over a month ago. They finally sent me the pics of my shirts this week and asked if they looked good and if they could ship. I response to their email within 5 mins, thanked them and told them they looked good and can be shipped. It takes them 2 weekdays to response with thanks, we'll have them shipped in a few days |I
Put through a MT order on the 5th and only got it shipped out over the weekend after speaking with CS numerous times as I need before a wedding this coming weekend.

Damn shame that they quote 21 days production time now. I put through innumerable orders in 2013-2014 and have got shipping notice in as little as 8 days time. They gotta do something about this s***

Put through a MT order on the 5th and only got it shipped out over the weekend after speaking with CS numerous times as I need before a wedding this coming weekend.

Damn shame that they quote 21 days production time now. I put through innumerable orders in 2013-2014 and have got shipping notice in as little as 8 days time. They gotta do something about this s***

Yeah I've also noticed the amount of time has increased greatly over the past two years or so. Fortunately I wasn't in a huge rush to receive them. They were just some random shirts I made out of boredom. 95% of my striped shirts are vertical so I decided to do something different and made a special request to have all the stripes be horizontal. From the pics I received, looks like it turned out good. Hopefully they look good on, if not I'll just be wearing them under sweaters :lol:

Got an email this morning and they have been shipped off :smokin

If anyone is interested in the Common Projects Chelseas, End has 3 pairs (tan, khaki, and black suede) listed at $395. Not sure if it's an error or they lowered the price because they are a season old? Ending up grabbing the black suede. It's pretty much 20% off retail ($515) but they aren't marked as a discount, it just shows the list price at $395. Free shipping to US as well.

If anyone is interested in the Common Projects Chelseas, End has 3 pairs (tan, khaki, and black suede) listed at $395. Not sure if it's an error or they lowered the price because they are a season old? Ending up grabbing the black suede. It's pretty much 20% off retail ($515) but they aren't marked as a discount, it just shows the list price at $395. Free shipping to US as well.

nice catch

I think they dropped the price due to the new colors they released -- tobacco, olive, etc.

Back
Top Bottom