Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Any of you guys somewhat familiar with leather care? I just bought a leather jacket about two days ago and already accidentally got some rubbing marks on it. It's a black soft leather cafe racer and the "rubbing" marks look like three or four scrape marks on the left chest. It's not a deep scrape or scratch but looks more like slight abrasions from rubbing against something. Best way to describe the markings is that they look like stretch marks and show as white on the black leather. It almost looks like the claw scratch marks Bruce Lee has on his chest in Enter the Dragon lol.

Do any of you think that simple leather conditioner and possibly black shoe polish could make the markings look less noticeable or mask them. The jacket was final sale and it was my own doing that caused the markings although I can't even recall when it exactly happened. I would even be open to taking it to a professional leather care craftsmen if the price wouldn't be astronomical to fix it. I'd think that anywhere around 100$ or under would be fair...

How big is the mark ? I would say to use some mink oil and a little polish. No real way to repair scratching on leather. I know you can sand it down with super fine grain sand paper then blend it out, but thats a whole lot of work and if you've never worked with leather, could be a fail.

How big is the mark ? I would say to use some mink oil and a little polish. No real way to repair scratching on leather. I know you can sand it down with super fine grain sand paper then blend it out, but thats a whole lot of work and if you've never worked with leather, could be a fail.

Thanks tomdiginson tomdiginson . Ya man that's solid advice and that's truly my biggest concern. I don't want to just go in guns blazing and risk effing it up worse. Like I mentioned, it's a pretty big area on the chest with the markings where there are three or four "scratch looking lines" but I wouldn't say they are actual scratches. Rubbing or stretch marks are better terms to describe how the damage looks.

I should probably note as well that when I took a damp cloth to the leather, the marks completely disappear but reappear when the leather dries out again. I was definitely thinking along the lines of Saphir Renovateur or another mink oil based leather cream to condition the area better and then possibly applying a high quality black polish but I'm also worried that the shade could be messed up unless it matches perfectly. I'm pretty pissed off that something like this happened so soon after purchasing the jacket. It's an expensive Belstaff cafe racer jacket.

I'm open to taking it to a professional leather worker but I'm just wondering if anyone ran into a problem like this before who could give a somewhat accurate price quote on what they paid to get a leather reconditioned. I emailed a couple local leather workers to see if they will reply with quotes and explained the issue.

I would just rock with the scuffs

I could definitely just do that as well my dude. The style of jacket actually does look more badass with some scuffing and abrasion marks on it. It is a biker styled jacket after all. I just like to keep my things looking new for as long as possible before accepting the scuffs that come along with wear and tear.

You homies posting questions like this asking for advice and not providing pics are giving us nothing to work with.

Come on, fam. Help us help you.

IMG_0061.JPG
Sorry here is a pic. This picture somewhat shows the marks but it's more pronounced and more white in person.

I don't see anything too major.

Beat it up like the yambs. It's a leather racer -- it's meant to be worn heavy with no dambs given. The quilted shoulders make it even more of a casual piece.

I could definitely just do that as well my dude. The style of jacket actually does look more badass with some scuffing and abrasion marks on it. It is a biker styled jacket after all. I just like to keep my things looking new for as long as possible before accepting the scuffs that come along with wear and tear.

Leather honey.

Do Meermin seem to fit true to size, narrow??? I know this has been covered multiple times but looking to pull the trigger are on a pair of dress shoes from them... Also, people like their monks in comparison to their oxfords to their cap toes??? Just looking to get some feedback on which way to go

Do Meermin seem to fit true to size, narrow??? I know this has been covered multiple times but looking to pull the trigger are on a pair of dress shoes from them... Also, people like their monks in comparison to their oxfords to their cap toes??? Just looking to get some feedback on which way to go
TTS in nearly all lasts. Just remember its UK sizing though. My TTS is a 10US which equates to a 9UK.

@dsrcv ?

I like the retro pants and the mesh shorts, but very unsure of sizing. I'm 5'9" 175 athletic build and wear M/L in both adidas and Nike. Anyone w/ experience with this shop?

Wait, just found same exact style on AliExpress! Lol for less... what's the deal?

Started working at a different pharmacy, gotta stand all day, we're not allowed to sit. Any recommendations for dress shoes with better support/comfort?

Man a homie of mine got those JE hoodies man. Man I’m late on that. Just can’t pay that much (got a wedding) Any alternatives with the side slits?

Bought some double strap monks and a matching belt from meermin but it came with two belts lol. Does the shoe already come with a belt or did I get lucky and got two?

those with meermins, particularly the double monks, what size did you get? I wear 9.5 in AE and was recommended to wear 8.5UK. The shoes came and are way too tight for me. Do the shoes loosen up? Should I size up?

those with meermins, particularly the double monks, what size did you get? I wear 9.5 in AE and was recommended to wear 8.5UK. The shoes came and are way too tight for me. Do the shoes loosen up? Should I size up?

You went too low. U.K. Sizes are 0.5 lower than your US size so you should have gotten a 9 U.K.

Back
Top Bottom