Dressing Better Vol 2.0

You went too low. U.K. Sizes are 0.5 lower than your US size so you should have gotten a 9 U.K.
Not true. UK sizing is 1 full. 9UK in Meermin and Carmina has worked well for me as a 10US in most lasts. Only on the Simpson by Carmina did I have to size to a 9.5UK due to how narrow the chisel is.

Where is it too tight? Is it length or width?

Could've been the last you purchased from Meermin only need 0.5 down. That's the thing, there's a general consensus but everyone has different feet/different perceptions of perfect fits. Someone might be able to go 1 down from US on Hiro (round) but not the Elton or Park (chiseled) lasts. Others might be able to size the same no matter what shape.

You'll always run a risk by not being able to physically try on before but hey that's life.

Not true. UK sizing is 1 full. 9UK in Meermin and Carmina has worked well for me as a 10US in most lasts. Only on the Simpson by Carmina did I have to size to a 9.5UK due to how narrow the chisel is.

Where is it too tight? Is it length or width?

Mainly length. I'm sure the width would have loosen up after a few wears.

Mainly length. I'm sure the width would have loosen up after a few wears.
if length is the issue then try and sell/return then go 0.5 up. could either be the meermin last is too small for you OR that the AE last you wore a 9.5 in was forgiving enough for you to actuall wear 0.5 down from your real TTS.

Who knows though

Full size down. I'm a US 9 and got a UK 8. My foot is very narrow though and I should get narrow widths when available.

thanks for the tips, i think i'll go a full size down.
i'm in the market for some boots and the majority of the dark brown color i like are in the RUI last, which to me look like sausage/clown shoes from birds eye.

Going to the Suit Supply showroom later this evening. Looking to buy a nice all-purpose suit. Do you guys have any recommendations for which cut and what fabrics to get? My body proportions are about average, maybe a bit on the shorter side, and my shoulders are slightly broader. I'm leaning towards the Napoli, since the Lazio might fit a bit slimmer, and I don't want to look like a sausage. Any advice would be appreciated.

Going to the Suit Supply showroom later this evening. Looking to buy a nice all-purpose suit. Do you guys have any recommendations for which cut and what fabrics to get? My body proportions are about average, maybe a bit on the shorter side, and my shoulders are slightly broader. I'm leaning towards the Napoli, since the Lazio might fit a bit slimmer, and I don't want to look like a sausage. Any advice would be appreciated.

I had the same questions and felt the Napoli would fit me best... Walked into the Chicago store, Danas greeted me and put a Lazio on me and it fit perfect... Got the pants altered and was set to go... The guys will set you up there... Better than someone on here, my dude... You wont be disappointed

Any recommendations for cotton/spandex blend dress shirts? I tried the Van Heusen Flex 3 shirts and instantly became a fan. Love the feel and the flex material makes a huge difference. Even bought one of the flex suits. Not bad just a little more sholder padding than I like.

They just don't have a great color selection for the shirts. Outside of white, black, and dark blue, the rest are just too loud for me. And no patterns.

I had the same questions and felt the Napoli would fit me best... Walked into the Chicago store, Danas greeted me and put a Lazio on me and it fit perfect... Got the pants altered and was set to go... The guys will set you up there... Better than someone on here, my dude... You wont be disappointed

I went with the Lazio in navy. It fit really well. Can't wait to pick it up later this week. I will definitely buy more suits there in the future. I saw all the materials and patterns and I was like a kid in a candy store. I just gotta save up more money.

SuSu really took over the suit game in America in a span of 5-7 years. CEO took his fathers idea and made the most of it. Good for him.

^ Nah, Jomers doesn't have enough supply to meet demand.

SuSu has a strong hold on the game for now.

Will prob stop into SuSu every time I am in Chicago... Wish they would put one in Grand Rapids but I dont think it would thrive

Jomer coming at them with their $250 suits tho. Same factory too, apparently.
Jomers stole the Napoli cut and uses comparable if not the same mills as SuSu. Another option but limited choices.

I've never given them a shot on suiting but the trousers I copped were great quality. Too bad the thighs were cut too slim for me.

First time hearing about Jomers. Just checked out the site and it seems interesting. Might give one of their suits a shot at 250.

Anyone cop before? Aside from Adrian and the trousers he mentioned. Also, they don't list pant waist size but say "Pants: 6 inch drop from jacket size. 34.5" Inseam."

I'll email them to verify but I would take it that means if the jacket is a 36R the pants will be a 30 waist?

Back
Top Bottom