Dressing better

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by Smedroc

i need some ideas people...

i got a wedding coming up...aint feeling to cop a suit as i wont wear it enough to justify me copping it.

im gonna go the blazer jeans route as i can wear those things when i go out etc....im not sure whether to just to go with a shirt...or to layer it up some...

anybody got any pics of fits that might give me some ideas??

Don't do jeans. Go with slacks or dress pants. CHeck out Niidawgs posts for some great idea on how to wear sport coats with slacks.
I would hate it if anyone came to my wedding wearing jeans, it's horrible.

For more pocket hurting expenditure... Gram Footwear. Chances are these won't be much of anyone cup of tea in here but oh well.
gram-fw09-footwear-1-540x359.jpg
gram-fw09-footwear-2-540x472.jpg

gram-fw09-footwear-3-540x345.jpg

gram-fw09-footwear-4-540x411.jpg

120_a.jpg
105_a.jpg
gram-fw09-footwear-2-540x472.jpg

absolute fire
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by Smedroc

i need some ideas people...

i got a wedding coming up...aint feeling to cop a suit as i wont wear it enough to justify me copping it.

im gonna go the blazer jeans route as i can wear those things when i go out etc....im not sure whether to just to go with a shirt...or to layer it up some...

anybody got any pics of fits that might give me some ideas??
You really going to wear jeans to a wedding? Not even chinos?

You don't know how versatile a suit can be. You can wear the blazer by itself or the slacks by itself. You don't always have to wear the ensemble as a suit.
i just peeped what niidawgs posts and i like what he doing with the jacket/slacks combos...

I aint got a problem with doin that...i was thinking jeans just because i'd wear them more...ima have to go out see whats in the stores!

Those generic surplus' i had my eye on for awhile now, just don't have any spare cash to spend on clothing right now. (interning better pay off in thelong rurn). On a side note though, urban does have some nice cheap footwear. I bought a few summer sneakers from them, and a pair of desert boots off theirsite.

Random thought. Way back someone asked if suspenders were a good choice. I immediately thought of Urkel. A couple of days ago I saw the Wolverine movie andthere was a scene where Agent Zero was wearing suspenders. I think he was wearing them under a peacoat, I must say I thought the outfit was put togethernicely.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by McStabb05

yo can someone post a pic of some clarks DB with jeans.. preferably not some super skinny jeans.. thanks
I've personally never seen anyone wear Clarks Desert Boots with relax or boot cut jeans before. Just slim fit and skinny jeans. Here are a couple I got from Google.

210675_wdywt51909.jpg

I found this one...some people have been wondering how the DB's would look with shorts.
This fit makes me want DBs even more.
pimp.gif
Thanks wj4

Question: Are DBs good for the winter (especially in a couple inches of snow)? Do they keep the foot warm?

I wouldn't recommend DB's in the snow. They are practically unlined and most are suede.
The crepe sole may survive but I would opt for a shoe with a rubber sole when dealing with snow.

Thanks for the quick response RFX45.
I guess I'll pass on the DB for now and check out some good shoes for the winter.

Good lookin out on the El Barcos....could you link me to where you got your particular color at? That color combo is straight
pimp.gif

to the people ordering off gilt...is it normal for purchases to process this long? bought something off gilt last monday & it still hasnt taken out from mybank or even pending.

Sometimes it is because they are fixing their stock.
I ordered something on Wednesday or Thursday and it just shipped today.
I would try and contact their customer service, they are usually friendly, to see what is up.

Yeah sometimes it takes a while. I remember I ordered an incase and they told me it'd take 3 weeks before they would even ship it out.

Better by a copy of GQ magazine, roll up an L and get ur swag poppin wit some rap/gangst music
you'll be good money in no time.

It takes a bit long sometimes...right under the price it will usually tell you if its going to have delayed shipping or not. I placed an order last week for apair of clae's and it said they would not ship for 2 weeks.

How come the Vans RFX posted have that little bead and leather laces and the ones on the Urban Outfitters site have generic looking shoe strings?

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

How come the Vans RFX posted have that little bead and leather laces and the ones on the Urban Outfitters site have generic looking shoe strings?

You mean the boat sneaker I have? My bad but the ones I have isn't Vans, their Lanvins.
I was just posting the Vans fro UO because it is on sale.
Sorry for the confusion.

One of my favorite brands, Ben Sherman.
Simple but fits well, decent materials and always goes on discount at Macys.
MX4215-23H.jpg
MX4220-30H.jpg
MX4215-898.jpg

MX4216-936.jpg
FA4000-898.jpg
MX4114-05.jpg

MX4111-05.jpg
MX4113-898.jpg
MX4100-29Y.jpg

MX4110-05.jpg
MX4110-29Y.jpg
MX4160-05.jpg

I remember reading someone said that DB's were horrible in the rain and snow because the crepe sole doesn't provide much traction against wet surfaces.

^^ It's true.The same can be said for wallabees.I worn them once in the winter time and my socks were soaking wet afterward.

Originally Posted by wj4

Random thought. Way back someone asked if suspenders were a good choice. I immediately thought of Urkel. A couple of days ago I saw the Wolverine movie and there was a scene where Agent Zero was wearing suspenders. I think he was wearing them under a peacoat, I must say I thought the outfit was put together nicely.
yeah i could see someone pulling that off

and w/a suit suspenders are always dope imo

RFX aka boot master - recommend some boots that are somewhat affordable (no more than $200) to keep the dogs dry and toasty in the SoCal rain...all 10 days of'em.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

I don't wear underwear for that same reason. Too many people rockin' them nowadays.
I'm about to stop not wearing underwear because too many people are not wearing them nowadays. It seems to be the in thing to do
eyes.gif

Posers.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

I don't wear underwear for that same reason. Too many people rockin' them nowadays.
I'm about to stop not wearing underwear because too many people are not wearing them nowadays. It seems to be the in thing to do
eyes.gif

Posers.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom