Dressing better

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Originally Posted by REALTALKAZ

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by bluedeniro

cole haan A-1 casual dress shoe a must wear for me when go to clubs comfortable and screams fly i got to get more in different flavors

I want to find a nice way to constructively criticize, but i am drawing blanks. lets just say "your concept of fly, must wear footwear is fraught with inaccuracies"

God - i tried to not sound like an a.s.s too ... so sorry if i did
embarassed.gif
roll.gif
cat got those "I just got a job loafers"
he got them earth science teacher joints
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bluedeniro

cole haan A-1 casual dress shoe a must wear for me when go to clubs comfortable and screams fly i got to get more in different flavors

don't sweat these Mr Me Too's man. if you think they're fly, rock'em hard.

Originally Posted by NooEra

bluedeniro wrote:

2niqm43.jpg

I want to find a nice way to constructively criticize, but i am drawing blanks. lets just say "your concept of fly, must wear footwear is fraught with inaccuracies"

embarassed.gif

How about a simple... "Not really feelin em. Take a look at these ....." (provide a better alternative)

Pointing out that you're not trying to sound like an a.s.s. makes you sound like one
laugh.gif

i guess ... my comments definitely seem more a.s.s like than all the other ribbing he got. I dont think "not feeling em" helps someone who thinkshis shoes are fly, a must wear, and he plans to purchase a few more flavors.

needless to say i am sure he got the message. thanks for showing your care and compassion

Niidawg, did you manage to catch the RL tan captoe deal from Yoox posted on SF?
I hate myself for missing it, price was too good to pass up.

Originally Posted by RFX45

missed out on one of the best deals on the net that day
mad.gif
mad.gif

hopefully a couple will pop up on SF or eBay.

NooEra wrote:

niidawg3 wrote:

bluedeniro wrote:

2niqm43.jpg

embarassed.gif

How about a simple... "Not really feelin em. Take a look at these ....." (provide a better alternative)

Pointing out that you're not trying to sound like an a.s.s. makes you sound like one
laugh.gif

i guess ... my comments definitely seem more a.s.s like than all the other ribbing he got. I dont think "not feeling em" helps someone who thinks his shoes are fly, a must wear, and he plans to purchase a few more flavors.

needless to say i am sure he got the message. thanks for showing your care and compassion

I see you point out the 'not really feelin em' , but failed to point out the 'heres a better alternative' Maybe you should have said "Those aren't very fashionable, let me point out something a little better that fits your style and budget " And the other comments towards him stemmedfrom your comment. If you have said you liked his shoes, eight other people would have given him the
pimp.gif
. Don't you understand how NT works ? You'reone of the top dogs in this thread so lead by example. You have nice fits but they don't get any better when you put other people down. Constructivecriticism is the way to go, not acting like you're trying sooooo hard to not be mean, yet still bringing all the attention to him. C'mon son.

RFX45 wrote:

missed out on one of the best deals on the net that day
mad.gif
mad.gif

hopefully a couple will pop up on SF or eBay.
I saw that too, but was too late. something like $295 to $69 shipped......

I don't really like the buttons as well. I've seen a similar jacket w/ different buttons at Old navy. They also have some decent looking jackets atGap. Give it a look at those sites. oh and don't forget Express for men.

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

^

Not feeling it. The buttons looks odd, looks like the jacket came off a Civil War soldier.

thanks, hmm.

on the other hand, i think it looks okay. I'd rock it if the fit/cut was right

NooEra wrote:

niidawg3 wrote:

bluedeniro wrote:

2niqm43.jpg

embarassed.gif

laugh.gif

i guess ... my comments definitely seem more a.s.s like than all the other ribbing he got. I dont think "not feeling em" helps someone who thinks his shoes are fly, a must wear, and he plans to purchase a few more flavors.

I see you point out the 'not really feelin em' , but failed to point out the 'heres a better alternative' Maybe you should have said " Those aren't very fashionable, let me point out something a little better that fits your style and budget " And the other comments towards him stemmed from your comment. If you have said you liked his shoes, eight other people would have given him the
pimp.gif
. Don't you understand how NT works ? You're one of the top dogs in this thread so lead by example. You have nice fits but they don't get any better when you put other people down. Constructive criticism is the way to go, not acting like you're trying sooooo hard to not be mean, yet still bringing all the attention to him. C'mon son.
- In no way shape or form am i trying to bring anyone down to lift my fits up. Where are you getting that from?
- And i see your point about suggestions, and maybe should have, but i do not know the man, his style or his budget. From his post, all i could tell was hehad bought some shoes he thought was fly and was going to buy more. The best i could do was tell him the shoes at that price point are neither fly or amust-wear. And trust me, if i didnt bring it up, someone would have. The OP came off a lil cocky with and the shoes not being the most fashionable didnt help.

Sorry for the +#$-storm. OP - how much did you spend on the shoes? Let us know and we will recommend some alternate suggestions.

An early arrival of fits of the week due to the impending holidays ... Happy Holidays Everyone!!:

Today:

Tuesday:

Monday:

Weekend:

NooEra wrote:

niidawg3 wrote:

bluedeniro wrote:

embarassed.gif

laugh.gif

And the other comments towards him stemmed from your comment. If you have said you liked his shoes, eight other people would have given him the
pimp.gif
. Don't you understand how NT works ? You're one of the top dogs in this thread so lead by example.

laugh.gif
@ yourself- since you know NT so well you should know howto pick your battles - son came in on the extra gassed up tip so people who didnt agree let him know- if he said i like these or hey what do you guys thinkabout these - then im sure the reaction would have been different

but when you posting about them "screaming im fly" and "copping flavors" then your just asking for people that disagree with yourstatements to reply in the same obnoxious way- son obv has enough confidence to withstand the couple negative posts - and if he loves the shoes as much as hesays then it wont stop him from copping even more flavors and proceeding to be fly-

proceed

Good sale at Gilts Final sale.
Managed to get a Marc Jacobs and Hickey khakis for $30 each.
Also got an ADAM cardigan and sweater for $40-$50 each.

What do you think of Church's shoes? Handmade shoes from England, really nice but not cheap - they retail at around $550 in London

322265759_o.jpg

322265914_o.jpg

I love Churchs shoes. They are awesome.

Niidawg, nice fits. I need to get myself some tweed/herringbone blazers.
I contacted Jason for one but have yet to send my measurements.
What color is yours?

Originally Posted by Backirvine

What do you think of Church's shoes? Handmade shoes from England, really nice but not cheap - they retail at around $550 in London

322265759_o.jpg

322265914_o.jpg

Those are leather soles correct? If so, they are nice..I wonder how the quality stands up against brands such as Allen Edmonds over here in the States...I needto get some wingtips though..in tan and cognac..

Back
Top Bottom