Dressing better

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by RFX45

Also got an ADAM cardigan and sweater for $40-$50 each.

How do they fit? In comparison to lets say, BR or J. Crew?

A lot slimmer, probably two sizes down compared to the aforementioned brands.
The sleeves are real narrow too, you can tell by the model pics.

Churchs is a lot better in quality than AE. In EU, I believe Churchs is one of the top shoemakers and I would rate AE on the same field as Grenson, Loake andTrickers, although each of those brands have their own respective high-end line. COme to think of it, I might rank AE slightly below those brands as well.

Damn,
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Damn,
laugh.gif
smh.gif

That is suppose to be a good thing. The market is saturated with overly huge cardigans and sweaters already. Plus getting it for 85% off is great!
happy.gif

I love Churchs shoes. They are awesome.

Niidawg, nice fits. I need to get myself some tweed/herringbone blazers.
I contacted Jason for one but have yet to send my measurements.
What color is yours?

Thanks RFX ... the one from the weekend is in an oatmeal ... kinda like a light brown. i have another one in a medium gray. The two pretty much cover the basesfor winter wear. Is Jason from TaT? I've seen some of his work on SF, and its a hit or miss. If he is in Cali - i'll recommend actually setting anappointment to get fittings done before you take the final product off his hands.

Churches are great shoes - very comparable to AE. However i dont think you should be buying them for 550. They go for 200-300 easily online.

Damn,
laugh.gif
smh.gif
That is suppose to be a good thing. The market is saturated with overly huge cardigans and sweaters already. Plus getting it for 85% off is great!
happy.gif
No doubt. I was just saying 'Damn' at the huge difference and the fact that I was this > < close to pulling the trigger on it in asize I usually wear. And if I had done so, it woulda barely came to the middle of my chest
laugh.gif

Good look though. I'll have to buy it in an XL.

What size did you get?

Originally Posted by niidawg3

What color is yours?

Thanks RFX ... the one from the weekend is in an oatmeal ... kinda like a light brown. i have another one in a medium gray. The two pretty much cover the bases for winter wear. Is Jason from TaT? I've seen some of his work on SF, and its a hit or miss. If he is in Cali - i'll recommend actually setting an appointment to get fittings done before you take the final product off his hands.

Churches are great shoes - very comparable to AE. However i dont think you should be buying them for 550. They go for 200-300 easily online.
Where abouts are they going at this price online? I've looked but couldn't find anything near that price.

Another good brand very similar to Church's is Crockett & Jones. Very nice stuff.

item1-27.jpeg

Damn,
laugh.gif
smh.gif
happy.gif
No doubt. I was just saying 'Damn' at the huge difference and the fact that I was this > < close to pulling the trigger on it in a size I usually wear. And if I had done so, it woulda barely came to the middle of my chest
laugh.gif

What size did you get?

I got myself a size small. Well, I maybe exaggerated a bit, but it is on the slim side.

What color is yours?

Thanks RFX ... the one from the weekend is in an oatmeal ... kinda like a light brown. i have another one in a medium gray. The two pretty much cover the bases for winter wear. Is Jason from TaT? I've seen some of his work on SF, and its a hit or miss. If he is in Cali - i'll recommend actually setting an appointment to get fittings done before you take the final product off his hands.

Yup, Jason is from TaT and he is actually only an hour drive from me, I just rarely have time to do meet-ups.
Some of his clothes a hit or miss, mostly in sizing and fit but that is what happens with online mtm clothes.
Overall though, I like their house cut and the modern look, shorter jacket length, narrow lapels, slimmer silhouette, etc...
They also have a great selection of materials and colors, which is a plus. Then again I can't decide which color would be more versatile.
I was thinking light grey or a darker brown/green, similar to these Billy Reids:
gas_313.jpg
gas_0264.jpg

Damn,
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Damn indeed
smh.gif
smh.gif
copped a Medium too

Anyone have experience with Rachel Comey boots? I've been contemplating picking up these for a buck thirty. I know it's cheap for'em, but I want tomake sure that quality-wise they'd be worthwhile compared to other brands in that price range (100-150).

^ Where can you get those around that price?

I've been patiently waiting to cop some Clarks dessert boots for the cheap and I'm getting impatient. I need a sand or a beige one.

Originally Posted by 55steep

Anyone have experience with Rachel Comey boots? I've been contemplating picking up these for a buck thirty. I know it's cheap for'em, but I want to make sure that quality-wise they'd be worthwhile compared to other brands in that price range (100-150).

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

I haven't posted in here lately, but I just wanted to let you guys know TJMaxx has stuff marked down beyond their normal discount. I just got a Ben Shermandress shirt for $20 (I've seen similar ones for more than $75) and a Ralph Lauren dress belt for $20 (the retail tag said $125). Just a random good dealand a heads up for my NTers...

got a bunch of props on these when i wore them out friday:

erez

Just picked up this shirt:

erez

And put these on the christmas wishlist:

erez

erez

JCrew FTW

what do you guys think about H&M suits? Im in london til december, and over here, they run about 40-50 pounds for the suit jacket, and about 30 pounds forthe pants. Converted to US dollars, thats less than $140 for both the suit jacket and pants combined. Is that cheaper than the H&M's in the states? Isthe quality worth that amount of money?
I know H&M suits are poor quality compared to more high end stuff, but i cant afford anything expensive, im a college student and i just need something forcareer fairs, networking events, interviews. something not too pricey, that'll just get the job done, while still looking somewhat decent. what do you guysthink?

^go to the banana republic on regent street or zara...better quality and not much more expensive when on sale...i just moved back 3 months ago...

Damn,
laugh.gif
smh.gif
happy.gif
No doubt. I was just saying 'Damn' at the huge difference and the fact that I was this > < close to pulling the trigger on it in a size I usually wear. And if I had done so, it woulda barely came to the middle of my chest
laugh.gif

What size did you get?

I got myself a size small. Well, I maybe exaggerated a bit, but it is on the slim side.

What color is yours?

Yup, Jason is from TaT and he is actually only an hour drive from me, I just rarely have time to do meet-ups.
Some of his clothes a hit or miss, mostly in sizing and fit but that is what happens with online mtm clothes.
Overall though, I like their house cut and the modern look, shorter jacket length, narrow lapels, slimmer silhouette, etc...
They also have a great selection of materials and colors, which is a plus. Then again I can't decide which color would be more versatile.
I was thinking light grey or a darker brown/green, similar to these Billy Reids:
gas_313.jpg
gas_0264.jpg

i think the light grey is the most versatile. depending on the options you choose (patch pockets, ticket pockets, side vents etc) you could wear the jacketalone, the jacket + vest with jeans/pants, the vest with another suit or the pants alone.

Originally Posted by 55steep

Anyone have experience with Rachel Comey boots? I've been contemplating picking up these for a buck thirty. I know it's cheap for'em, but I want to make sure that quality-wise they'd be worthwhile compared to other brands in that price range (100-150).

FLAMES!!!

Anyone got a coupon for JCrew? Or whats this I hear about student discount? Does it work online? (for Canadians more specifically)

Bout to click checkout on these two.. and maybe a longsleeve jaspe henley.

erez

erez

Originally Posted by JDB1523

^go to the banana republic on regent street or zara...better quality and not much more expensive when on sale...i just moved back 3 months ago...
thanks man, ill be back home in the states mid december though, and theres actually a banana republic factory store right by my house. so if i gowith BR, then it'd probably be a better idea just to wait til i get back? do you know what kinda prices i could expect at their factory store? only reasoni was thinking about buying a suit here was cause i thought the H&M prices here might be cheaper, $140 seemed pretty inexpensive for suit and pants. but ifnot, and if i can get better quality for close to the same price, i can def wait.

Back
Top Bottom