Dressing better

Originally Posted by manamazing55

Originally Posted by jumpman247

House slippers my man.
ok dammit!
laugh.gif

I cant help it, I just like them. I dont know why, I just do......I cant decide if I should just send them back or not.

If you like them then rock them, don't let anyone sway your opinion be an individual!

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

Originally Posted by pricankid9

Originally Posted by just some foo

got this jacket for ~60% off the other day.. only $80.55... picks up everything though..

picture001bj.jpg

picture002kn.jpg

buttonup/jeans are H&M..

i dont have any "dressing better" type shoes lol.. wore playoff 8s with it
info on the jacket?
it was usually around$149??.. was on sale at the gap for around 95.99 i think, and i convinced the employee that was working to give me her employee discount to make it $80.55 with tax lol

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

she lied to you bro. gap employee discount is 40%, but 20% is better than nothing
grin.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
oh well, she got me...

but 20% discount>>no discount

I doubt she lied, Gap's discount is 50% on regular priced items and 10% on sale items (I should know since I work there)

Went ahead and picked both these up from the levi's sale.. First "skinny" jeans I've ever purchased, to hopefully be paired withloafers/drivers/lace-ups/vans etc.. for a more fitted look.

pLEVI1-5984120t500x607.jpg

pLEVI1-6054899t500x607.jpg

Old Navy is the place to go if you plan on depicting "the man" for some low and reasonable prices. they have nice stuff. just make sure you buy yourTRUE size or smaller cause their clothes fit big.

Mana-just curious, what's your obsession with boat/slip on shoes? Seems that all you post in here are them.

Originally Posted by wj4

Mana-just curious, what's your obsession with boat/slip on shoes? Seems that all you post in here are them.
little history...

ever since I was a little kid, I was a huge MJ fan. Sometimes I got one pair a year at the most. When I got to high school and started working, I boughtJ's all the time.
As I got into college, I started thinking I looked lil ridiculous rocking $150 basketball sneakers. So I changed a little bit.

Im not really into boots, so drivers/boat shoes just seem to be the natural progression. I do like some of the "fashion sneakers" like some of theones posted in here.

My goal is to have footwear that I can wear alot and not have to worry about constant matching with shirts etc, like I did with bball shoes.

Im not happy with where my footwear is right now for the first time in my life
tired.gif

What do you guys think of this boot? They're kind of different but for some reason I like them. My only concern is their warmth and traction.
tk-h8515-218fs.jpg

Originally Posted by manamazing55

Originally Posted by wj4

little history...

ever since I was a little kid, I was a huge MJ fan. Sometimes I got one pair a year at the most. When I got to high school and started working, I bought J's all the time.
As I got into college, I started thinking I looked lil ridiculous rocking $150 basketball sneakers. So I changed a little bit.

Im not really into boots, so drivers/boat shoes just seem to be the natural progression. I do like some of the "fashion sneakers" like some of the ones posted in here.

My goal is to have footwear that I can wear alot and not have to worry about constant matching with shirts etc, like I did with bball shoes.

Im not happy with where my footwear is right now for the first time in my life
tired.gif

I higly suggest trying bucks or oxfords, just get one with a rubber sole and it'll be as comfortable. Trust me, a brown oxford/lace up is much moreversatile than drivers/boat shoes.

Think Outside The Cube
In an officescape defined by bland cubicles and by-the-book colleagues, you need to do more than just a good job to get noticed. You need to bring some life toyour business wardrobe.

1. Sport a Plaid Pocket Square
Where's it written that a pocket square has to be vanilla? Instead, try tucking a patterned handkerchief into your jacket. The whole office will takenotice (in a good way).
paulwalker-01.jpg

2. Discover Brown-the New Black
Wearing a black belt with black shoes is kind of like whispering; you'll never speak out of turn, but you'll never be heard, either. Now, a brown beltwith brown shoes? That's a statement-loud and proud.
paulwalker-02.jpg

3. Recharge Your Dress Shirts
A brightly colored shirt can work at the office-just make sure of a few things: Keep the collar traditional (think a semispread), put on a dark tie, and wear asimple suit. The bottom line: Let the color do all the talking.
paulwalker-04.jpg

4. Get a Handle on the Modern Briefcase
Clumsy and fogyish it ain't. Offered by everyone from Louis Vuitton to Banana Republic, the modern briefcase-in canvas or textured leather-makes a maturealternative to the messenger bag.
paulwalker-05.jpg

5. Get Some Hardware
Consider accessories that anchor your look with some heft: solid frames, sturdy cuff links, a slim steel watch. And no, you don't have to wear all three atthe same time.
paulwalker-06.jpg

6. Understand the Power of Three
Maybe you've never considered a three-piece suit, but just check out how sharp it looks-especially without the jacket. If you're sweating your wallet,don't: A three-piece suit often costs no more than a traditional suit.
paulwalker-07.jpg

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by Stack Bundless

this looks dope
paulwalker-02.jpg
co-sign

I would like to know where can I get a shirt and tie like that?

Many brands make both shirts and ties like those. I got a similar blue shirt at Club Monoco this fall and I recently got a great solid black tie from the MarcJacobs store for only $48.

Looking to pick up a blazer but I can't for the life of me decide between gray or navy, with or without pinstripes (leaning towards without). Any opinions?

I noticed gray blazers tend to be paired usually with white or different shades of gray...not very versatile or am i wrong.

Where can i find/cop some nice yet simple black vest?????????

talking about the thin ones? for layering.

ANY help is appreciated NT

500 pages
pimp.gif
this is a really good thread, it makes me want to switch up the kinds of clothes I wear. Let's keep it goin!

Back
Top Bottom