Dressing better

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by shogun

Clarks DBs always looked shoddy to me.  The soles look like they'd wear out after a few months.
laugh.gif
  That's because of the material...that's why they're callled DESERT boots.

I bought 4 pairs last summer and all are still fine.  I wear them all on a regular basis.
yeah they look a lot better on then what they do on the rack.

the heels also hold up pretty well.. believe i keep tabs on that %*$+ cause im one of them dudes who walks on the side of my feet
laugh.gif
smh.gif

can someone let me know where I can find skirts like these
roll.gif
roll.gif

i do like the second and third guy's jacket though
11510Manskirtparis_4269Web.jpg

102010LVskirt3949Web.jpg
11510Manskirt_2917Web.jpg

Originally Posted by wj4

Clarks DBs always looked shoddy to me.  The soles look like they'd wear out after a few months.
laugh.gif

I bought 4 pairs last summer and all are still fine.  I wear them all on a regular basis.
I never gave them a shot because I figured they were mostly warm weather boots since they are named "desert" boots.  I walk around in the city a lot and my shoes get a lot of tough wear on them.  Plus it rains often, the soles look like they offer no traction at all.

omgitswes:  I laugh every time I read the comments on The Sartorialist.  They agree with whatever he says.  They sound brainwashed and seem desperate to fit in with fashionistas.

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

Originally Posted by BIGRED33

what's up all. Quick question.
Does anyone know how Gourmet shoes fit? are they pretty much true to size.
I thought this would be the best place to ask, if not, apologies.
The Beckham officials are
pimp.gif
run small imo

thanks

Got cold again in the A today ... chance to wear some more winter pieces ...

Outside the Concrete Jungle:

Inside the Concrete Jungle:

Peace Out:

Hey guys... first time caller, long time listening
laugh.gif

@niidawg - how long does it take you to figure out what your going to wear that day? or do you get all your clothes ready for the whole week all at once? I normally get all my clothes ready for the week on Sunday and it takes me about an hour to iron all my stuff (I wear less clothes than you though, no jackets or vests, just shirt and tie + trousers). Also - is your wardrobe a culmination of years of purchasing or did you go out a while back and just blitz everything (or most) all at once?

you've got an exquisite taste in clothing my good sir.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

roll.gif
roll.gif

102010LVskirt3949Web.jpg
after a 3rd look at this im actually feeling it
smh.gif
laugh.gif

my man got the look to pull it off though... its not for everybody.

Originally Posted by wj4

laugh.gif

I never gave them a shot because I figured they were mostly warm weather boots since they are named "desert" boots.  I walk around in the city a lot and my shoes get a lot of tough wear on them.  Plus it rains often, the soles look like they offer no traction at all.

omgitswes:  I laugh every time I read the comments on The Sartorialist.  They agree with whatever he says.  They sound brainwashed and seem desperate to fit in with fashionistas.

I enjoy his site and bought the book. But some of the stuff on some of the men is just too much for me not to laugh never looked at the comments before.

and ^^^ that's what i was thinking to but I doubt he is 

Originally Posted by JDocs

Hey guys... first time caller, long time listening
laugh.gif

@niidawg - how long does it take you to figure out what your going to wear that day? or do you get all your clothes ready for the whole week all at once? I normally get all my clothes ready for the week on Sunday and it takes me about an hour to iron all my stuff (I wear less clothes than you though, no jackets or vests, just shirt and tie + trousers). Also - is your wardrobe a culmination of years of purchasing or did you go out a while back and just blitz everything (or most) all at once?

you've got an exquisite taste in clothing my good sir.

i think i answered this question a few 100 pages back ... lol, so i wont expect you to have seen it. i launder and iron all the shirts i'll be wearing for the week at one time on sunday. In terms of jackets, pants, ties and vests, i really decide the morning off. It takes me probably 20-30 minutes to decide, iron and be out the door.

with regards to my wardrobe - the biggest advice i give is to not blitz. buy pieces bit by bit ... and focus on things you REALLY like. dont settle for things, else they would end up in your wardrobe forever and finally on ebay for a fraction of what you bought them for. i go out every now and then and buy items, but my wardrobe is probably the cumulation of 7-8 years of purchasing. Example, my suit today is 2 years old, my vest is fairly new, my shoes are about 3 years old and my shirt is at least 5 years old ... so that would give you an idea of how i have been picking up stuff over time.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Peace Out:

Great stuff as usual Nii. Quick question, does all your suit have function cuffs/sugeons cuffs? The one in the pic doesn't look like it but I am more curious on how you get the sleeve length altered on your jackets with functioning cuffs. It is one of the curcial things I look for before buying since it seems impossible to shorten the sleeves unless they adjust it from the shoulders.
Originally Posted by jamespiritu

anyone here have experience buying from www.yoox.com? how come the reviews are so bad, buyers saying they get wrong items, etc...
I've bought from Yoox, no problem at all. What I noticed is they get their stock from stores in Europe so usually when you order from them, they order it from the store and then ship it to you. They have great customer service though. I once got damaged shoes and simply returned them and told them of the problem and they refunded the return shipping cost. So far, no problems from them. 

Originally Posted by JLking

What's the deal with H & M? I went to my first store last weekend when I was up in Seattle for a basketball tournament but I've never heard about this store before. Some of my teammates knew about this store and were all excited that there was an H & M in that mall. I bought a jacket that I liked from the store but I don't understand what the big deal about this store
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
??? Can someone please fill me in???
I'm not sure if you noticed but their clothes are slim right out of the rack and their prices are really good. Nothing really compares to H&M (other than Uniqlo or Topman) when it comes to the fit and price they charge. 

Originally Posted by omgitswes

roll.gif
roll.gif

11510Manskirtparis_4269Web.jpg

102010LVskirt3949Web.jpg
11510Manskirt_2917Web.jpg

The first one's a skirt - the second two are kilts.

About to order me a new one. I'd like to be able to wear it casually - but it's just not me. Might have to try again though.

Originally Posted by RFX45

jamespiritu wrote:

anyone here have experience buying from www.yoox.com? how come the reviews are so bad, buyers saying they get wrong items, etc...

I've bought from Yoox, no problem at all. What I noticed is they get their stock from stores in Europe so usually when you order from them, they order it from the store and then ship it to you. They have great customer service though. I once got damaged shoes and simply returned them and told them of the problem and they refunded the return shipping cost. So far, no problems from them. 

how long ago was this bro? did they give you store credit or your money back?

Peace Out:

Great stuff as usual Nii. Quick question, does all your suit have function cuffs/sugeons cuffs? The one in the pic doesn't look like it but I am more curious on how you get the sleeve length altered on your jackets with functioning cuffs. It is one of the curcial things I look for before buying since it seems impossible to shorten the sleeves unless they adjust it from the shoulders.

Good eye RFX - this is one of my few suits without surgeons cuffs. My tailor has indicated they can retro-fit it, but i havent gotten around to it yet, since i wont be wearing this suit much more this spring/summer. i'll probably get it done late summer/early fall.

And you are right - if the jacket has surgeons cuffs, sleeve alterations have to be done at the shoulder and are more expensive (not forgetting the possibility of the tailor screwing up the shape of the shoulders too). If i buy OTR/RTW, and the jacket is surgeon's cuffs 9 out of 10 times i make sure the sleeve is fine. These days, i've gained enough trust in my tailors though to allow them to tweak the sleeve from the shoulder, but honestly, it requires two or three tries to make everything perfect (or close to perfect).

Peace Out:

Good eye RFX - this is one of my few suits without surgeons cuffs. My tailor has indicated they can retro-fit it, but i havent gotten around to it yet, since i wont be wearing this suit much more this spring/summer. i'll probably get it done late summer/early fall.

And you are right - if the jacket has surgeons cuffs, sleeve alterations have to be done at the shoulder and are more expensive (not forgetting the possibility of the tailor screwing up the shape of the shoulders too). If i buy OTR/RTW, and the jacket is surgeon's cuffs 9 out of 10 times i make sure the sleeve is fine. These days, i've gained enough trust in my tailors though to allow them to tweak the sleeve from the shoulder, but honestly, it requires two or three tries to make everything perfect (or close to perfect).

Yeah, that's what I hate about surgeons cuffs and why I can't buy some designer suits/blazers. I always find a nice Marc by MJ blazer that fits perfect everywhere (shoulders, torso, chest, etc..) except the sleeves are too long and they are always functional so it annoys especially since the jacket retails for around $400-$500 and I often find them for $75-$100. I missed out on many sportcoats that way. I was hoping you had some other magical secret on altering sleeves without touching the shoulders. I trust my tailor with minor alterations (darts, taper, hem, etc..) but I just don't think he is capable of working with the shoulders on a suit/blazer.
Originally Posted by jamespiritu

jamespiritu wrote:

how long ago was this bro? did they give you store credit or your money back?

This was last year and got my money back because the item was damaged. Do they usually only offer credit like Gilt? 
I do know that Gilt also offers money back if the item they sent is wrong or damage, you just have to call and be a bit persistent.

^not sure about store credit only. I just read the nasty reviews on epinions.com.

They got some good priced nudies jeans over there, that's why i wanted to try...

I thought their sizing is actually not bad compared to other sites. Like when you click on the size on a pair of shoe, it would say if it was US or UK and then in the bottom it also shows the equivalent sizing in EU sometimes. As for clothes, I would only suggest buying something you already tried on to be on the safer side. Like if you have tried on the particular Nudies and know your size, then buy it but if you are still speculating about the size, then there is a bigger risk there.

Peace Out:

Yeah, that's what I hate about surgeons cuffs and why I can't buy some designer suits/blazers. I always find a nice Marc by MJ blazer that fits perfect everywhere (shoulders, torso, chest, etc..) except the sleeves are too long and they are always functional so it annoys especially since the jacket retails for around $400-$500 and I often find them for $75-$100. I missed out on many sportcoats that way. I was hoping you had some other magical secret on altering sleeves without touching the shoulders. I trust my tailor with minor alterations (darts, taper, hem, etc..) but I just don't think he is capable of working with the shoulders on a suit/blazer.

might be time to find a new tailor.
one time i have had the sleeve taken up just a half inch, so they didnt have to do it from the shoulders. but that was because the sleeve length difference wasnt that much (half inch)

Originally Posted by cincybcats22

I have bought a few pairs of Nudies from Yoox...Returned all 3.

The pictures and info are very vague/misleading.

That's the problem I have with that site too... doesnt say it the jeans are average joes, slim jims ,ralfs, etc...
What made you return them though? Wrong size,cut?

I remember those but the Tokis with the uncovered midsole is better.
Now if Nike would just make the midsole low-profile, they started making it in Jack Purcells so why not on the Tokis?

Back
Top Bottom