Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Another day at the office
yesterdays fit
53tdmv.jpg

rkvwwl.jpg

Those shoes and socks are gross

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Anyone have any experience with Allen Edmonds? I'm thinking about investing in a pair. There's a store around the corner from my office going to check it out tomorrow (If i can actually get outside for lunch tmr) and get fitted. How comfortable are they, any online retailers that tend to carry them but maybe on sale or at a discounted price?

AE's are comfy, fairly well made and decently priced during sales. However they are typically clunky and have no soul.

Thanks for the input.  Any retailers that you would suggest to look out for sales?  Everything I came across was the same price os A.E's website. 

Check out endless.com. Sometimes they have 50% off sales on AEs. They should have a pair or two on discount right now though.

Originally Posted by Meangene4

quik1987 wrote:

RFX go buy a tie bar, you have lots of money, they're cheap.

tie bar would be
pimp.gif
 with that fit.

I'm saying though. The devil is in the details. Medium brown belt and shoes + tie bar + pocket square = Stuntastic.

Maybe it's hidden under your sleeve, but I know you have mean watch game too.

Those shoes are solid. Although imo, wearing dark (sweater) on dark (pants), the shoes should be dark as well. Unless the tie matches the shoes, then you're good.

Thursday outfit

2m3h5zc.jpg

Nah  - those shoes are nice. They need a very good polish to enrichen them. And also, please dont tell me you are wearing a black belt? You need to get a tan belt to match your shoes.

Stay stylin'

Originally Posted by AC4Three

Has anybody ever been to a Brooks Brothers Factory Store? I'm assuming they don't have the 3/$199 dress shirts...

The BB Factory Store is great, especially when they are having their 60% off sales. Shirts, pants and ties can be had for under 20 dollars ... especially on the clearance racks.

Suits also come down to about 180 ... which isnt bad. I personally dont like BB suits because of personal preferences, but its a really great value if you get items from there during sales.

Thursday outfit

Nah  - those shoes are nice. They need a very good polish to enrichen them. And also, please dont tell me you are wearing a black belt? You need to get a tan belt to match your shoes.

Stay stylin'
Thanks for the input all (nii will get my tan belt shipped in)

This is my first week of work, so im trying different styles.

First note- dont wear those Lactose shoes again
laugh.gif

Stay Cool: Suit Up in Cotton
The season's 10 best cotton suits—and how to wear them

Yes, it's time to buy a cotton suit (before the best of the bunch are gone). Here's how to dress it up, how to care for it, and how to find a tie that matches it perfectly.
cotton-suits-bally.jpg

The Suit
Go dandy, or go minimal—but do go all-business

The Dandy

• Keep It in Check
Yes, gingham. Nothing says spring in a more stylish or refined way.
• Stay Strong
A true dandy pairs a busy shirt with a bold tie. A strong stripe balances the small checks.
• Establish a Pattern
First of all, get a cotton pocket square. Think bandanna rather than silk kerchief.
• Get Down with Brown
A khaki suit calls for chocolate brown lace-ups.
cotton-suits-the-dandy.jpg

The Minimalist

• The Great White Way
It's impossible to go wrong with a white dress shirt—as long as it's crisp and fits perfectly.
• Do Yourself a Solid
Leave the silk tie at home. Go for solid, cotton, cool.
• Play It Straight
Pocket square: No peaks, no poufs. Keep it square and white.
• Go Dark
You can't really argue with black lace-ups. Ever. You do own a pair, don't you?
cotton-suits-the-minimalist.jpg

The Tie
Solid, cotton, cool

We've gotten big into cotton ties the past few years, thanks to labels like Alexander Olch, Gitman Bros., and Steven Alan. We reach for ones in seersucker, plaid, and gingham. But this spring, we're particularly digging solid cotton ties. There's a chicness to their simplicity, and we love the ease they convey. They sync up with a white shirt, while grounding a patterned shirt. They

Originally Posted by RFX45

Nii inspired me tonight with his beige suit, navy knit tie and gingham shirt so I copied him but changed some things up.
I call it Nii-spired.
icon_good.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

RFX..I wanted to ask what kind of pants those were from the pic? The look pretty slim-fitting, which I need.

Thanks dude.

RFX, do you go out to fancy places/dinner every night?  Or do you have to wear ties for work?  It seems like you like to wear a tie in most of your outfits.  

Originally Posted by shogun

RFX, do you go out to fancy places/dinner every night?  Or do you have to wear ties for work?  It seems like you like to wear a tie in most of your outfits.  

Sometimes fancy dinners, sometimes just to hang out or chill, go to the movies, etc...
A tie to moe doesn't really equal dressing up anymore, I don't mind wearing one on casual occassions.

Originally Posted by UbUiBeMe

Originally Posted by RFX45

Nii inspired me tonight with his beige suit, navy knit tie and gingham shirt so I copied him but changed some things up.
I call it Nii-spired. 
icon_good.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

RFX..I wanted to ask what kind of pants those were from the pic? The look pretty slim-fitting, which I need.

Thanks dude. 
The blue pants right, not the jeans? Their the sta-prest trousers by Jump the Gun from UK. One of my favorite and probably one that I get the most compliment on. 

http://www.jumpthegun.co.uk/shop/Product/Index/14

yep, the pants are correct. Thanks for the link. The price isn't that bad either. I read the description and it stated they run small..I'm a 32, so I'm assuming a 34 should suffice?

pimp.gif

great fit again nii
pimp.gif

i'm really starting to like knit tie look...hoping to pick up a few tomorrow at Macy's.

Originally Posted by UbUiBeMe

yep, the pants are correct. Thanks for the link. The price isn't that bad either. I read the description and it stated they run small..I'm a 32, so I'm assuming a 34 should suffice?

pimp.gif

If I had to guess, yah the 34 should fit you right and the pants doesn't stretch either. To be sure though, if you have a measuring tape at home, follow their guide at this link at the bottom of the page: http://www.jumpthegun.co.uk/cms/Help_and_delivery

donjuan513 Wrote:

RF, here ya go.
STND-SDL-NIC.jpg

dblstnd_nat.jpg

Ty, you posted these belts way back and I never saw where they were from and how much. I would appreciate the info, because I am looking for something similar to the second belt.

Thanks.~

Back
Top Bottom