Dressing better

jr6wya.jpg

Caught me on a pose... It was at school during the "FREEZE" campaign...

I've tried on 511s a few times and they are skin tight on me. When you guys post pics the fit looks perfect. Do you size up? I wear a 32x34 in 514s

Originally Posted by mavsman13

I've tried on 511s a few times and they are skin tight on me. When you guys post pics the fit looks perfect. Do you size up? I wear a 32x34 in 514s

I go up 1-2 sizes. I'm naturally a 32 waist, so I get 33s. even the 33s are a little tight at first, but they stretch out

Alright NT help me and my feet out please!! I have to be business casual for work but i work for a professional sports team and am

walking around a damn stadium constantly for at least 10 hours a day. MY FEET ARE DYING. And im sure these dress shoes are doing a number

on my knees and back. Basically i need a nice black sneaker that goes with slacks and resembles dress shoes. MY HEELS ARE BEGGING YOU!

Originally Posted by miamib30514

YUKU

I typically wont recommend these, but Cole Haan have Nike Air support even in their dress shoes, so it will give you the cushion/support you need. Also do a search for "dianite soles" They are rubber soles for dress shoes that will also give you better support.

Good luck man.

what are some good going out at night shoes/sneakers with jeans?

right now, i have some black dress shoes, lacoste white shoes, nike white dunks, 95s, some black cross trainers.

i plan on going out to dinner, clubs, bars even just a night out where i need to dress up?

please give some advice.

Alright NT help me and my feet out please!! I have to be business casual for work but i work for a professional sports team and am

walking around a damn stadium constantly for at least 10 hours a day. MY FEET ARE DYING. And im sure these dress shoes are doing a number

on my knees and back. Basically i need a nice black sneaker that goes with slacks and resembles dress shoes. MY HEELS ARE BEGGING YOU!

It is not the most beautiful dress shoes out there but I have heard great things about Ecco shoes. They are supposedly very comfortable and the price won't break your pockets either.
I would suggest giving them a try or at least try one on in the store. 

Originally Posted by DoItAllPaul

right now, i have some black dress shoes, lacoste white shoes, nike white dunks, 95s, some black cross trainers.

i plan on going out to dinner, clubs, bars even just a night out where i need to dress up?

please give some advice.

My question though is, why wear sneakers when you need to dress up? 
How about some brown dress shoes with rubber sole?

Some brown suede chukkas, like this Alden would work well and this oen actually has a rubber sole for your comfort.

1273S.jpg

It's vacation time for me. This month we're going on a cruise to the caribbean... what would you bring? Obviously the goal would be to pack as light as possible and bring fairly versatile items so they can be worn in the day casual and at night a bit 'dressier'.

I remember there was a GQ article about essential items to bring when going on vacation, but of course I can't remember the month/year. 
ohwell.gif

Thanks for the words guys, i guess my wish of a nike disguised a dress shoe will not be answered.

I am sure if there is/was one it would be answered ... plus you didnt post your question that long ago ... calm down - someone who knows will eventually help out!!

Anyone have any experience with Allen Edmonds? I'm thinking about investing in a pair. There's a store around the corner from my office going to check it out tomorrow (If i can actually get outside for lunch tmr) and get fitted. How comfortable are they, any online retailers that tend to carry them but maybe on sale or at a discounted price?

Originally Posted by RFX45

please give some advice.

Some brown suede chukkas, like this Alden would work well and this oen actually has a rubber sole for your comfort.

1273S.jpg

i actually just bought some kenneth cole brown leather slip ons today, the alden r priicey 400+ and i can't justify that on one pair of shoes, maybe two pairs at 200 each.

as to why wear sneakers, i am 21 so sometimes its easier to just throw on some clean dunks or sperris with jeans and it just makes an outfit more casual.

thanks for the help. appreciated.

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Anyone have any experience with Allen Edmonds? I'm thinking about investing in a pair. There's a store around the corner from my office going to check it out tomorrow (If i can actually get outside for lunch tmr) and get fitted. How comfortable are they, any online retailers that tend to carry them but maybe on sale or at a discounted price?
Allen Edmonds are great quality, but can be found for under retail a lot of places.  In fact nii said to never spend over $200 on a pair.  The difficulty is getting the EXACT size in Allen Edmond at a discounted price as they come in many widths.

Originally Posted by YuraS718

AE's are comfy, fairly well made and decently priced during sales. However they are typically clunky and have no soul.

Originally Posted by RFX45

please give some advice.

1273S.jpg

i actually just bought some kenneth cole brown leather slip ons today, the alden r priicey 400+ and i can't justify that on one pair of shoes, maybe two pairs at 200 each.

as to why wear sneakers, i am 21 so sometimes its easier to just throw on some clean dunks or sperris with jeans and it just makes an outfit more casual.

thanks for the help. appreciated.

I can understand being young but you really do not need to make jeans more casual. Jeans with a pair of oxfords or like the chukka boots I posted will still make it look very casual. I do not really see how difficult to thow them on but again, I understand your reasoning for it. I just do not see much sneakers that would help dress up a pair of jeans that much, especially if you are going out somewhere a little fancy. For sneakers though, I really can't recommend Jack Purcells enough. A black pair with white solde just looks great with jeans and combine it with a tee and a blazer and you are good to go. Dark jeans with JPs and button up witha  blazer and it works too.

Thanks for the words guys, i guess my wish of a nike disguised a dress shoe will not be answered.

People will think this is a horrible advice but if you really want a nice all black sneakers that can pass as dress shoes, I would suggest the all black Prada America Cups.
The leather is nice and it is nice and simple enough that it might be passable as dress shoes.
Not only that but it is very comfortable, it is my go to sneakers when I go to Vegas. I can wear it for several hours of walking comfortably.

I don't think you will find any Nikes that could pass as a dress shoe, check out Cole Haan too and you mgiht find a passable, somethign like this?
http://www.colehaan.com/colehaan/catalog/product.jsp?catId=100&productId=255704&productGroup=307012
or
http://www.colehaan.com/colehaan/catalog/product.jsp?catId=100&productId=314853&productGroup=339725

Those wouldn't be my first choice but if you really need something comfortable w/o wearing dress shoes, I guess those will do?

Nii inspired me tonight with is beige suit, navy knit tie and gingham shirt so I copied him but changed some things up.
I call it Nii-spired.
icon_good.gif

Originally Posted by MoMoney848

I really like the outfit but the shoes look wrong for some reason. I think it's the color.

I'd go with brown with navy pants.

As an aside, most of the dressing better clothes I own are work suits, slacks, etc.
This is a slacks question. Are casual slacks supposed to be no crease slacks? What do you guys recommend? Again, all of my pants are creased slacks or suit trousers
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom