Dressing better

Man, I've been watching this thread for a while and you guys made me realize that I need either a higher paying job.... or to save money.
laugh.gif
I definitely need to go shopping.

Realllyyy need some help on a fit for tomorrow night...(I know its a day before but I have nothing going on right now and wanna feel organized)

I plan on wearing a button up Club Room shirt, its striped vertically, the colors are an aqua/tealish and white.
I'm not sure what else to wear...I have some white AE shorts, or some dark khakis...
I wish I could wear jeans but I think I'd feel dumb cause its soo damn hot.

Also unsure on what shoes to wear...I plan on going to the mall tomorrow and looking for some...

Need some help guys, all ideas are very appreciated!

P.s..I can post pics if needed.

Originally Posted by jumpmankb

My boy opened up a pop up shop in NYC at the start of this month. C'est Beau. Stuff from Nom, PegLeg, and Reason. I couldn't make it to the store since I'm in the DMV for the summer but he's sending this care package down to me
pimp.gif
Not really sure about the denim/plaid jacket yet but he said it's dope ween worn, we'll see...

this stuff is nice.. im feeling that cream color jacket... and  i like that denim jacket for some reason... but it can definately be pulled off nicely.. wish i got free stuff 
tired.gif

niidawg3 or RFX: Since I mustered up the courage to post in here, I should just ask either of you. I'm in Puerto Rico, which means not many options when it comes to clothing brands that I can actually buy.
laugh.gif
I'm a polo shirt/casual shirt with jeans and shoes/ nice sneakers guy. I keep things simple. Should I just hit up my local Macy's and Ralph Lauren outlet and live there? Any advice will be very appreciated.

Originally Posted by RFX45

NDG is the @$%. ANy small or xs you can send my way.
happy.gif

Hot days equals....

Nice fit as usual but how hot is it REALLY if you're still wearing pants by your own free will?
laugh.gif

It's been like 90+ damn near everyday this summer in DC and it's not doing my dress pants any favors while walking to and from the metro
smh.gif
I've resorted to switching back to my old looser fitting slacks/khakis rather than the slim fits because you can see crotch sweat noticeably with the slim fits by the time I get on the train in the evening
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by niidawg3

^^where are you going?
Unsure on if this question is asked towards me but we are going to dinner then Dave and Busters...I'd like to look pretty nice.

Originally Posted by ku JHAWX

Originally Posted by niidawg3

^^where are you going?
Unsure on if this question is asked towards me but we are going to dinner then Dave and Busters...I'd like to look pretty nice.

Dinner and then D&B - just wear the shirt, fitting khaki pants and some low profile shoes like Claes or Jack Purcells. As long as the shoes coordinate the shirt fairly well, and the pants provide enough contrast you are straight.

Originally Posted by oillusiveo

Thoughts on this Ferragamo Driver from nords?  Sale price $300 down from $460. 
_6089989.jpg

They're really nice. That said, not sure I'd spend $300 on drivers. I realize that depends totally on your cash flow, but I would rather cop some nice oxford laceups for a similar price.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

happy.gif

Hot days equals....

Nice fit as usual but how hot is it REALLY if you're still wearing pants by your own free will?
laugh.gif

It's been like 90+ damn near everyday this summer in DC and it's not doing my dress pants any favors while walking to and from the metro
smh.gif
I've resorted to switching back to my old looser fitting slacks/khakis rather than the slim fits because you can see crotch sweat noticeably with the slim fits by the time I get on the train in the evening
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I do not really wear shorts outside of bball shorts and I only wear those when at home or playing ball. Never had crotch sweat stain problem before and it has hit 100-103 degrees here last week.

_6089989.jpg
dont cop, you can find something for way cheaper. get some Cole Haans instead if you are just buying them for the look

happy.gif

Hot days equals....

laugh.gif

smh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I do not really wear shorts outside of bball shorts and I only wear those when at home or playing ball. Never had crotch sweat stain problem before and it has hit 100-103 degrees here last week.
Problem solved
3839827043_93df11ed4f.jpg

Nah, but in all actuality this guy did start the ankle bearing trend that has swept NY this summer.

img09.jpg

thom_brown_1175434551.jpg

Originally Posted by RedMan

Originally Posted by jumpmankb

C'est Beau
55 Delancey St

Here's a write up freshnessmag did C'est Beau

Help me understand why the shop will only be open for a month?
It's pop-up store. Stores like that usually rent the space for a short period, sell the stuff and be on their way. Kind of like art galleries.

Pee-wee Herman style.

I like the high water look and respect TB but I don't think I can pull it off irl. Seems like one of those looks that would work much better on the runway, photoshoots and ads. It's pretty much a casual suit, I think it'll be pretty difficult to pull the high water in a more business oriented environment.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

cgutta wrote:

PghShoeCollector wrote:

Just received in the mail, fits better than expected.

4819097594_daa4877cab.jpg
where did you cop?

asos.
I'm debating between this and the other duffle coat they have

He's right, Asos sent me a decent coupon so I had to jump on it. I didn't see the blue one on there again but they have it in Grey and I'm tempted to grab that one as well.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

They're really nice. That said, not sure I'd spend $300 on drivers. I realize that depends totally on your cash flow, but I would rather cop some nice oxford laceups for a similar price.
my thoughts exactly

happy.gif

Hot days equals....

laugh.gif

smh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Same here. I think shorts look stupid by default. Only time I wear shorts is playing sports, swimming, or bummin' it around the house/running errands. No way to make shorts look chic consistently IMO. Especially if you have skinny legs like me. 
Instead I look for slacks appropriate for hot weather. I have a pair from Banana Republic that are paper thin, yet look professional/sturdy enough to wear at the office. I love them more than any other item I have right now, and it really makes an enormous difference in body heat when you wear cool pants. 

Originally Posted by HHHornet15

Does anybody on here have a pair of bean boots? Thinking of getting a pair since it rains a lot at my school and I'm tired of walking through puddles in sneakers and getting my socks/feet wet. I'm just worried they're not as versatile to wear with outfits as TOPH suggests. I have a lot of preppy clothing to wear with them, but a second opinion would be nice before I pulled the trigger.

Bean boots are the best.  I've had mine for over 3 years, and I'd never wear another boot again.

Back
Top Bottom