Dressing better

t0m5g8.jpg

Borrowing a picture posted in S&T...

Anyways, can someone point me in the right direction, I'm looking for these jeans (or ones very similar).

Originally Posted by Viewtiful Mik3

they look like wax coated denim

i think commune makes a pair, seen a lot from other brands too

Can you fire off some of the other brands so I can e-shop around?

lol @ H&M. I guess that's whats hot now. J Crew has been on fire lately. Some questionable pieces, but overall an awesome line up for S/S 11.

Fair warning but seriously, stop with the GILT spamming. Several people in this thread already got warned and/or banned. Appreciate the heads up but no need to spam it.

Fellas I've got a minor sartorial conundrum.

Being in a small college town right now, I haven't found any tailors that I fully trust, and I can't drive to any bigger cities right now. There is a high end men's store here, and the do tailoring, but it's a two step process. One of their employees "pins" the clothes as you're wearing them, then they send to their tailor who does the actual cutting and sewing.

Anyone have any experience with this? Is it an issue at all that the tailor won't be seeing the clothes on the body and pinning them?

Nii, fresh as usual btw. Especially like the camel/khaki look.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Fellas I've got a minor sartorial conundrum.

Being in a small college town right now, I haven't found any tailors that I fully trust, and I can't drive to any bigger cities right now. There is a high end men's store here, and the do tailoring, but it's a two step process. One of their employees "pins" the clothes as you're wearing them, then they send to their tailor who does the actual cutting and sewing.

Anyone have any experience with this? Is it an issue at all that the tailor won't be seeing the clothes on the body and pinning them?

Nii, fresh as usual btw. Especially like the camel/khaki look.

Most alteration shops follow the same model. The customer service person pins/chalks you up, and then the goonie goon tailors in the back do the sewing. Personally i had mixed results with this approach. Some things turned out great, and some things were just off (like pants with the lengths not even, poor shoulder work, taking more fabric than need making one sleeve tighter than the other).

Needless to say, i finally got frustrated with the amount of rework and went to a tailor who handles all the stuff himself. he chalks and then does the sewing himself. There is still some rework every now and then cos he has his opinions on fit and so do i, plus i an anal about my clothes ... but all in all, its been a better experience having one person do it.

I'd say give your folks a try with some basic stuff, slimmnig of sleeves, lengthening etc. if they are consistently doing it right, then go to the heavier stuff.

Just my $0.02.

ok guys! i need yalls help! i need shoes for winter! boots, sneakers, whatever you can help me out wit causal etc etc...

what are some shoes and colors everyone should have in their closet this winter?

I agree with Nii, only do to that tailor for the basic stuff, like a simple hem and taper, those tend to be pretty simple they can be done easily. For a more complex type of work, I'd prefer the tailor to measure me himself.

Just a heads up. Banana Republic is having a 20, 35, or 50% off your purchase sale Nov. 6 and 20. I don't know if it's just select customers or card members. I got this 2 weeks ago when I bought something in store.

331zy2u.jpg

Originally Posted by RFX45

Fair warning but seriously, stop with the GILT spamming. Several people in this thread already got warned and/or banned. Appreciate the heads up but no need to spam it.
roll.gif
it's funny to see how people mix it in and try to disguise it...or just dont-

Just my Red Wings. The 6inch are actually from the Inspired line last year, and I have a pair of 875's coming in. Hoping to distress/custom the inspired ones this weekend. Also got the tan chukkas for a great price considering they retail for $220. Those threw some mink oil on them as well as beat them with a hammer! The leather on these are hella stiff!

anybody have any of the banana republic F&F 50% off (starts today) cards?  i just want the code so i can use it online.  

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Just a heads up. Banana Republic is having a 20, 35, or 50% off your purchase sale Nov. 6 and 20. I don't know if it's just select customers or card members. I got this 2 weeks ago when I bought something in store.

331zy2u.jpg

Damn that would've came in handy for coat they have that I want
mad.gif

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Pretty casual week:
Very nice mix of textures/fabrics Nil, and loving the suede 2 button blazer.
Also, are those Crockett Jones/Ralph Lauren saddle oxfords?  If not they are dead on with having a properly cut saddle pattern.

For all those emailing me, heres the email I got from my manager

It is that time of year for Give & Get. Give & Get will be taking place this Thursday, November 11- Sunday, November 14. This is your chance to offer your friends and family a 30% discount at ALL Gap Inc. stores (Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Piperlime, and Athleta).

Don't forget to speak with an LOD to pick up your booklet of coupons if you have not already done so. Please make sure you register your booklet online or by phone to pick the charity of your choice for 5% of your friends purchases to be donated. You are given the opportunity to send out an emailed Give & Get invitation to 50 friends and family members. For every 25 emails you send out, your name will be entered into a raffle to win a $75 gift card.

Im getting my booklet tonight, ill send out emails tom morning.

Back
Top Bottom