Dressing better

These Mitchell and Ness cardigans are a beast

http://www.mitchellandnes...ord=cardigan  

8560_413_ALADGF_1_M.jpg

8562_503_ADRWHF_1_M.jpg

8562_5C8_AHWHHF_1_M.jpg

8562_511_ANYRHF_1_M.jpg

Who was the cat that said he was going to try the Ludlow and Aldridge J Crew suits out?
Did he ever post back in here?

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Who was the cat that said he was going to try the Ludlow and Aldridge J Crew suits out?

I'm not that dude but I decided to try the ludlow suit, since they had a 36S jacket and almost any length of pants, it got me curious. Should be here by tomorrow.

StaXX wrote:
I like those cardigans. 

Yup and for 85 that's not bad. A lot of sports teams have horrid gear, look at the Mets, I could get down with this cardigan paired with a Mets logo.

I went back and grabbed the h&m suit, I think it is one of the better suits that fit on me, any C&C is very welcomed!  This is right off the rack, I'm going to get the jacket tailored and the pants hemmed, not sure how I feel about the tie/suit combo & I was planning to get brown shoes, but the black ones will do if I can't find a decent pair.

Originally Posted by RFX45

I'm not that dude but I decided to try the ludlow suit, since they had a 36S jacket and almost any length of pants, it got me curious. Should be here by tomorrow.
How much did it cost you in total RFX? My trigger figger is itchy on a navy italian wool ludlow. 

I got a few things other than the suit so my total purchase doesn't reflect the price of the suit.
The Italian wool Ludlow and the jacket (2-button, double-vent) is $425 plus $225 for the matching slim pants = $650 before taxes.
Got free shipping too.
Thinking about it now, I should have gotten the matching vest too to make it a 3-piece. Looks like I'll be placing another order in today. 
laugh.gif

Thanks RFX, I gotta remember to come back here and check.
The navy wool Ludlow is the exact one I was looking at

Shoes came in today. I'll post pics whenever my camera is done charging.
I hate how soles are so slippery when you first get shoes.

I'm pretty happy with them.
Already wore them out this afternoon and scuffed it up a little, good thing I didn't pay a lot for them. I'm hoping over time the color gets darker though
6060185478_8e09352543.jpg
6059635447_abfda829ea.jpg

I'm pretty happy with them.
Already wore them out this afternoon and scuffed it up a little, good thing I didn't pay a lot for them. I'm hoping over time the color gets darker though
6060185478_8e09352543.jpg
6059635447_abfda829ea.jpg

Florsheim Veblens? Looking nice.

Yeah. I think they're really nice especially for the price.
128 shipped. I'll just have to save up and wait for the Aldens that I really want

alright guys, best place to get advice so i came here, im wearing a black suit to my cousins wedding @ the end of sept. i def want to stand out so im willing to pick some new articles accesories, what shirt/tie combo could you all recomend even a new set of shoes is cool too, i know im already wearing a normal colored suit so i figure i spruce it up a bit with my shirt tie and shoes.
 i kinda really wanna wear some red suede wing tips for some reason. 
pimp.gif
 but really though i dont want to wear black shoes so let me know what you guys think i can stir up 

If you want to be different in a black suit your best bet is probably pick up a strong color tie or maybe a checkered blue shirt with blue/navy tie & pocket square.

Originally Posted by ReRetroMe

alright guys, best place to get advice so i came here, im wearing a black suit to my cousins wedding @ the end of sept. i def want to stand out so im willing to pick some new articles accesories, what shirt/tie combo could you all recomend even a new set of shoes is cool too, i know im already wearing a normal colored suit so i figure i spruce it up a bit with my shirt tie and shoes.
 i kinda really wanna wear some red suede wing tips for some reason. 
pimp.gif
 but really though i dont want to wear black shoes so let me know what you guys think i can stir up 

The only shoe I can imagine standing out is some navy velvet slip-on formal shoes. Crisp white shirt with a nice navy tie with a complimentary pocket square and you're set. Red suede shoes is cringe-worthy.

Originally Posted by JordanFreaks

I went back and grabbed the h&m suit, I think it is one of the better suits that fit on me, any C&C is very welcomed!  This is right off the rack, I'm going to get the jacket tailored and the pants hemmed, not sure how I feel about the tie/suit combo & I was planning to get brown shoes, but the black ones will do if I can't find a decent pair.

What exactly are you going to do to the jacket?  It looks pretty decent for an OTR piece.  Maybe it's your stance but the waist looks like its tugging/pinching.  The jacket sleeves look ok, if you crossed your arms your back would be pulling/stretching.  Tie width also looks wide for the lapels on that jacket but I guess it's personal preference for some.  Ditch the square toe shoes also.  Everyone will recommend brown but I say go against the grain with some nice black oxfords.  I say plain toe blucher.  Never enough black/navy love.

artysm,

I was planning to get my sleeves brought up to how it looks in the picture, I cuffed them in the picture to see how it'd look. The front does kinda feel like it is pinching/tugging, it's a size 36r & I tried on a 38r but it was wider and bigger. Is there anything I could do to prevent/fix the pinching look? I also agree that the tie is too wide for the lapels since you brought it to my attention, I've been going back & forth on a good shirt/tie combo that would be skinnier. For the shoes, I'm still on the hunt for a decent pair, recommend any links? btw, thanks for the C&C!

So, i need a suit for my cousins wedding. I went to JCrew and liked the one im posting here. I was originally going to get a charcoal or light gray suit. But people have said navy is better for a wedding. What do you guys think of this suit jacket? It's 425. If anyone in NYC can hook it up, I'd give them a little compensation (I'm a college student which means im quite poor lol) Anyone else have suggestions as to where to get a slim fit suit for a decent price in NYC other than JCrew or Topman. 
server
server

Originally Posted by brownsuga1

So, i need a suit for my cousins wedding. I went to JCrew and liked the one im posting here. I was originally going to get a charcoal or light gray suit. But people have said navy is better for a wedding. What do you guys think of this suit jacket? It's 425. If anyone in NYC can hook it up, I'd give them a little compensation (I'm a college student which means im quite poor lol) Anyone else have suggestions as to where to get a slim fit suit for a decent price in NYC other than JCrew or Topman. 
Use your college ID for 15% off or open a J. Crew card and get 10% off your first purchase as well. Ask an associate if you can combine the 2 if you want to get the C.C. Most likely they'll let you get it to get a sale. Buy some J. Crew cards off ebay to save even more off your purchase.

^^^ I'm moving to NY for college next week from LA. 15% off with a college ID? FML, I'm going to be out of money in less than a month.

Back
Top Bottom