Dressing better

Originally Posted by manamazing55

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

Originally Posted by manamazing55

^
when you guys take pics like that, do you roll your jeans like that to show us the shoes, or do you literally wear your pants like that all day?

I'm sure they are rolled up to wear.
grin.gif

I just couldnt rationalize that someone would roll their pants up like that in public, thats why I asked
grin.gif
im sure people were thinking the same thing about those disgusting faux-croc skin loafers

Originally Posted by I3

Another question regarding shirts, how do you get a clean tuck-in?

I have a nice fitted shirt, but the back doesnt seem that neat when tucked it, its like I have a pocket of air at the top of my back,

the bag of air in the back, is because the body of the chest is too big. your tailor can take it in from the sides, and also put darts in the back, which willmake it more form-fitting.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by I3

I have a nice fitted shirt, but the back doesnt seem that neat when tucked it, its like I have a pocket of air at the top of my back,

the bag of air in the back, is because the body of the chest is too big. your tailor can take it in from the sides, and also put darts in the back, which will make it more form-fitting.

Thanks dude.. now I need to find a good tailor. Its prob OD for graduation, but I want to look back on this day haha

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by I3

the bag of air in the back, is because the body of the chest is too big. your tailor can take it in from the sides, and also put darts in the back, which will make it more form-fitting.

Thanks dude.. now I need to find a good tailor. Its prob OD for graduation, but I want to look back on this day haha
It's worth it. I take the width in on all of my shirts. $15 well spent IMO.

Anyone have a picture of a perfect fitting shirt? The 1MX's that I purchased a while back seem to have an air pocket esque type thing right below the topbutton when I button it all the way up. Whats the reason for that too big/small? I feel like the collar fits just perfectly snug and I can stick two fingersin.

Also when I wear a blazer or a coat it bunches up a tiny bit where it reveals (if that makes any sense).

Via quick Googling.

Bad fitting, AKA off the rack for the most part. It looks like you gained 10 lbs
mens_classic_dress_shirt_long.jpg

Good fittings...
dresshirt.jpg

merona-poplin-dress-shirt1.jpg

Honestly, until you've had OTR clothes tailored, it's hard to know how important it can be. As a small guy myself, clothes look like night and dayafter I get them tailored.

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Originally Posted by MaddenFan04

check out the GQ spread on Taylor Lautner
http://www.gq.com/style/w...r-fitted-shirts-twilight
checked out the magazine he looked good with the slim fit shirts (nh)
The fits on those shirts were amazing. Thats exactly the look I go for. Thanks for that link
Those shirts look great, but they're not that practical in real life because they're so fitted. I'm certain that movement restrictionis there. My shirts are fitted, but no where to that extend and there are some things I cannot do, ie bend down to tie my shoe laces.

Originally Posted by wj4

The fits on those shirts were amazing. Thats exactly the look I go for. Thanks for that link
Those shirts look great, but they're not that practical in real life because they're so fitted. I'm certain that movement restriction is there. My shirts are fitted, but no where to that extend and there are some things I cannot do, ie bend down to tie my shoe laces.
Yeah I hate that feeling where it feels like your stuff is gonna rip trying to tie your shoes

Originally Posted by wj4

Those shirts look great, but they're not that practical in real life because they're so fitted. I'm certain that movement restriction is there. My shirts are fitted, but no where to that extend and there are some things I cannot do, ie bend down to tie my shoe laces.
Well like I said earlier, I have a very small frame. I get my shirts tailored almost identical to that fit and movement throughout is prettycomfortable for me. Sometimes the neck is tight on some of my shirts, but those I tend to rock unbuttoned so it doesn't really bother me. As far as notbeing able to tie your shoes, I would think that would have more to do with the shirt being too short, not too tight.

Headed to NYC in less then a week and wanna see what I should hit up.

H&M
Uniqlo
BIG in soho
Soho in general

anywhere else specific shopping wise I should hit up? Main goal is cheap, good fitting clothes and shoes.

Originally Posted by wj4

Well like I said earlier, I have a very small frame. I get my shirts tailored almost identical to that fit and movement throughout is pretty comfortable for me. Sometimes the neck is tight on some of my shirts, but those I tend to rock unbuttoned so it doesn't really bother me. As far as not being able to tie your shoes, I would think that would have more to do with the shirt being too short, not too tight.
Now, I'm pretty lanky too. 5'10'', 145 lbs. Even the slim fit shirts in size small are tailored.. As far as the tie the shoespart...it's restriction in the upper arms area and width of the upper back. It has nothing to do with the length. There is definition restriction sincethe material is not like a t shirt and doesn't stretch. This is why you don't drive with a blazer on...restrictions.

Anyone here who have put extensive use with their Clarks DB's have pics?

preferably the beeswax

Just wanna see some pics of how they've held up looks wise with over a year of good use

Back
Top Bottom