Dressing better

Thanks man it's still surreal opening up one of your fav mags to see yourself in there , just goes to show anything is really possible. Last year this time couldn't even phantom being in a magazine let alone GQ.

I believe in the sky can't be the limit if man already walked on the moon.

Originally Posted by Jkissi7

Thanks man it's still surreal opening up one of your fav mags to see yourself in there , just goes to show anything is really possible. Last year this time couldn't even phantom being in a magazine let alone GQ.

I believe in the sky can't be the limit if man already walked on the moon.

Well said
pimp.gif
, congrats on the exposure and good luck with everything, hope you guys make it big!

I've been lurking this thread for the longest and I've seen a lot of stuff I'd like to add to my wardrobe. But quick question for my dressing better brethren; what's a good choice of footwear to go with a button-up/polo+chinos rolled up? I know a pic along with the question would help but don't really have the time to snap a pic and post. Thanks in advance! 

Originally Posted by RetroTwos

I've been lurking this thread for the longest and I've seen a lot of stuff I'd like to add to my wardrobe. But quick question for my dressing better brethren; what's a good choice of footwear to go with a button-up/polo+chinos rolled up? I know a pic along with the question would help but don't really have the time to snap a pic and post. Thanks in advance! 
it's spring time, snatch up some sperry boats and you'll be good.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

hey guys, where can i find a nice black cardigan, thats not too expensive?
you can pretty much grab a cardigan anywhere nowadays...H&M has em for like $20 at most I wanna say.  Otherwise, Urban or Heritage 1981 will have em for cheap as well.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Originally Posted by RFX45

Speaking of Clarks DBs, Banana Republic and Piperlime has several pairs and you can use the 30% off discount going on right now.
If you do not have a code, I read that you can just call the customer service and ask for one.
good looking out man...those beeswax are super tempting, but i kinda wanna grab a pair of black DB's...ahhhh, decisions!!!
It's Spring...go with the Beeswax.  I have both and I can say that for every time I wear the black DB's, the Beeswax gets worn 3-4 times.  I really only wear the black pair if my top is gray or black.

Too much black on the black Clarks DB....i just pick up a pair of steve madden daiton boots which has the tan sole ...IMO making it a bit more flexible to toss it with almost anything

B002R0E62E.01._SS1500_SCRMZZZZZZ_.jpg

2 quick questions

1) im looking for some grey pants (chinos and/or trousers..maybe even jeans)....anyone know an affordable spot to cop?

2) i wanna cop these Bass bucs - http://bit.ly/cc7oGl - i have a few ideas on how to put together a fit to go along with it, but i just wanna hear some insights from u guys....RFX, nii, Ty, Joshua or anyone else for that matter

Thanks, MGMT!

Originally Posted by i3allistic

Originally Posted by wj4

Speaking of Clarks DBs, Banana Republic and Piperlime has several pairs and you can use the 30% off discount going on right now.
If you do not have a code, I read that you can just call the customer service and ask for one.
good looking out man...those beeswax are super tempting, but i kinda wanna grab a pair of black DB's...ahhhh, decisions!!!
It's Spring...go with the Beeswax.  I have both and I can say that for every time I wear the black DB's, the Beeswax gets worn 3-4 times.  I really only wear the black pair if my top is gray or black.

Too much black on the black Clarks DB....i just pick up a pair of steve madden daiton boots which has the tan sole ...IMO making it a bit more flexible to toss it with almost anything
eeek! Steve Madden, return them. Avoid them & Aldo.

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

Originally Posted by i3allistic

Originally Posted by wj4

eeek! Steve Madden, return them. Avoid them & Aldo.
laugh.gif
i basically got those steve madden shoes for free ...bought a pair of oakwood clarks DB + Steve Madden daiton for $92 ....

Thanks a lot guys appreciate the support

Lol Valentino did I ask you if you needed help?

The mens shop is a great work environment with great products I can't complain. Have to start from somewhere

Yes you did, I asked you to retrieve a small from downstairs, but your manager beat you to the punch. Can't hate, I wouldn't mind working at a place like that values customers.

Originally Posted by Jkissi7

Thanks a lot guys appreciate the support

Lol Valentino did I ask you if you needed help?

The mens shop is a great work environment with great products I can't complain. Have to start from somewhere
You work at the J. Crew Liquor Store?  I've been wanting to visit that place. 

something about Topman that never hits a cord with me.
ohwell.gif

I think the better fabrics & brands are spoiling me.  On top of the perks of North Jersey, record # of shopping malls per sq mile, and my keen eye on sales/coupons.
Used the Banana Republic 30% coupon yesterday on 1 item, Silk & Linen vneck $10, down from $60
brsale.jpg
brsale-2.jpg

Letting the wife decide the shoe.  Props to Jkissi, had no idea he was a NTer, one of the better GQs in a while, The Penny Pincher's Guide to Better Style was made for me.
My favorite rule was No. 9: "Online or Off, Know what you're shopping for in advance.  That way, you only spend money on what you actually need."

Just called Banana Republic and they're giving out codes for online purchase.

I also called Piperlime and their promotion is invite only

Back
Top Bottom