Dressing better

what are some good khakis that i can wear with a hoodie or a plain white tee with some jordans?

I know there are a lot of trendy styles that are really "in" right now but i want a style/ fit that is fashionable, that i can also wear years down the road.

Im really tyring to pull off a casual look that still shows some sophistication, even though the aspects (jays, hoodie, white tee, etc) of an everyday teenager are there.

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Just get a pair of Dockers K1s

when i searched khakis in this thread i read dockers were something to stay away from unless you work at ibm or are over 40 years old
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

If you're gonna go to macy's, look for the "Slim Fit City Chino" by Club Room. I've only seen it in a tan color, but they fit really well (I have big thighs). They taper (slim down) from the thigh down. They're only $25.

Are you talking about Dockers??? I don't think Club Room has a Slim Fit City Chino. Dockers has em though. They're under the D1 Khaki's.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

If you're gonna go to macy's, look for the "Slim Fit City Chino" by Club Room. I've only seen it in a tan color, but they fit really well (I have big thighs). They taper (slim down) from the thigh down. They're only $25.

Are you talking about Dockers??? I don't think Club Room has a Slim Fit City Chino. Dockers has em though. They're under the D1 Khaki's.

Nope, they're made by Club Room.  and I know of those D1 khakis you're talking about.  these aren't it.  the D1 dockers do fit pretty bad.
laugh.gif

the club room chinos fit pretty goddamn well.  I've only seen them in a tan color. 100% cotton, but feels like the material that military surplus clothing is made off(not a bad thing).  I've never tried on a pair of pants that taper down so well for me.  Club room actually has a bunch of nice slim fit flannels, oxfords, and chambray shirts as well.

300lbs and what height tho?

and to those who think dressing better is uncomfortable:

Unless your body is totally disproportionate or your too huge for your height (think being a 200lbs, 5'4 guy), you can find something decent and the outcome won't look sloppy at all.

my suggestion is that you buy the correct size of clothing first. I think most people who are transitioning from dressing too casual to dressing "better" are people who usually buy the correct size of clothing. Next thing you need to do is to avoid trends because you don't want to wear what 2009 was wearing.

beyond that, this thread has given a lot of people ideas and you just gotta pick whatever you think looks good on you and just do it correctly.

Originally Posted by Mo Greene

going to a grad school ball/formal. i'm wearing a black suit. she's wearing teal. what color shirt and tie do i go with?

anybody?
Wear whatever you like, provided it doesn't conflict too much with the teal. It always bothers me when couples try too hard to match.

Been lurking this thread and decided to unearth this screen name for help. Can anybody direct me to some sites/brand that provide a casual look for Big & Tall shoppers?
I do pretty well with Gap and Old Navy. but my entire closet is Gap/Old Navy, and I'd like to expand.

Dockers d1 are the best fitting pants I've found in the stores around here. They're like a slim straight like 514s. The quality is trash though and feel paper thin good enough for a cheap pant. Try j crew urban slim rarely stock them in the store here whenever they do I grab one..... I just need to move, we don't have jack ****

going to a grad school ball/formal. i'm wearing a black suit. she's wearing teal. what color shirt and tie do i go with?

anybody?
Do the classic cool guy Vegas outfit.

Black suit and white shirt either without a tie or black tie. And like my man said up there, even for a formal it can be corny when couples match.

anybody?
do not match her. black/white gingham shirt w/black tie

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Another week ...
You killin' em nii. 
pimp.gif
I agree
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I think I'd hate wearing suits all the time though.
For some reason I'm not crazy about the fit of the jacket here. Seems a tad bit short and maybe a bit tight. Might need to see a pic where you're standing still and not walking to judge accurately.
BTW, anyone know what CB is wearing here, and where to cop? Looks like all seude Chucks, but can't really tell.

08f0abd72bcb4bf6ce22e4es.jpg

anybody?
DO NOT WEAR TEAL. This ain't prom in Memphis. (Google pics for reference)

I would do a navy or charcoal gray suit.

Does anyone else take their denim to get tailored? Just took two pair and I am kind of excited to see how they turn out.

Originally Posted by AC4Three

anybody?
Wear whatever you like, provided it doesn't conflict too much with the teal. It always bothers me when couples try too hard to match.

wasnt trying to match.  i just wanted to know what colors would complement it.

Originally Posted by BennyFranko

Been lurking this thread and decided to unearth this screen name for help. Can anybody direct me to some sites/brand that provide a casual look for Big & Tall shoppers?
I do pretty well with Gap and Old Navy. but my entire closet is Gap/Old Navy, and I'd like to expand.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I don't want anything that has cheap quality and make (I..E. Old Navy, Gap, etc etc).

I was looking at these pea coats, but none of them had everything that I wanted. I basically want a navy blue classic pea coat, with side pockets and has a nice tapered fit. I don't the buttons to rise too high. 3 buttons on each side would be amazing. Polo Ralph Lauren made a REALLY nice one 2-3 year ago, but the ones they make now aren't the same.

I basically want something with side pockets, but also breast pockets outside as well. One thing I'm very specific of is the the military style shoulder straps and also a hidden collar strap to use to cover your face. The older Polo Ralph Lauren Pea coat had all this.

BTW...This is what I meant when i said I wanted a military style shoulder strap.

pPOLO2-8391969_alternate2_v330.jpg

This is what I was looking at so far...

1. J. Crew- $225

http://www.jcrew.com/mens...l/PRDOVR~87195/87195.jsp

images_onFigure_87_87195_87195_WB2192_m_tif_a1560ba1533318c2.jpg

2. Tommy Hilfiger- $139

http://www1.macys.com/cat...675#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D15

0880525881_403_OB_FNT

3. Polo Ralph Lauren- $425

http://www.ralphlauren.co...ts&parentPage=family

pPOLO2-8602397_standard_v330.jpg

Back