Dressing better

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

How much would it cost to shorten a shirts sleeve length? I've had almost everything done from my tailor except this. TM Lewin is having a sale on their shirts but have no 35" length. Wondering if I should pay their $15 or have my tailor do it. Not sure if I can get to my tailor before this sale/coupon is over.

i pay 20$ for mine but it's perfect and i get it done by my shirt store ... my tailor is cool but i rather the work be done by the company .... if i have any issue they will resolve it ... if my tailor were to mess up ...
tired.gif

i would trust TM but how much would your tailor cost ... and how good is ur tailor ?

Lately my tailor has been on point.  Turned an over sized Indochino suit into a near perfect slim fit (Cost $86, but indo refunded me $70 or $75).  He has been a little late lately but that's it.  This coupon I have expires tomorrow, and doubt I can get to my tailor to see how much he will charge.  I'll probably just get it done from TM, and ask him for future reference.
your tailor sounds good, wish u had more time to ask questions b/c that what it comes down to. Then of course remember to wear your best fitting suit jacket so you can have the sleeves measured against it... that is if you're into the sleeves being 1/4-1/2 of an inch longer than your suit sleeve and if you don't rock a jacket ... your jacket should be 1/2 inch lower than your wrist bone ... best of luck w/ the shirts wither way ... semi custom is
pimp.gif
... haven't yet dropped the bread for bespoke ... one day though

What type of shirts are these? I need to get my button down game up with some variety of collars and im diggin these slightly oversized collars

wpmwy.jpg

Originally Posted by 360wavesandxbox

Just picked up some Allen Edmonds Lombards from the AE store about 3 weeks ago. IM ADDICTED...never again will i pay over 150 for some sneakers..too msny different combos of nicer shoes to rock sneakers with jeans all the time!

pimp.gif
... i'm out the sneaker game ... even though a good pair of shoes is about 3/4 jordans ... it's well worth it ... i'm gonna sell some of my j's to get some dress shoes in fact ... got my eye on 2 C&J handgrade shoes ...

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

YO! I NEED THESE.

louisvuittonyucatanboat.jpg

$590 & $675smiley: sick

They're not bad looking at all but the LV logo ruins them for me. Iif I pay that much for some shoes I want to be the only one that knows I paid that much.

Originally Posted by donjuan513

YO! I NEED THESE.

They're not bad looking at all but the LV logo ruins them for me. Iif I pay that much for some shoes I want to be the only one that knows I paid that much.
Agreed. 

I don't mind the logo at all. It's not like it's the gaudy damier print all over. It's pretty understated to me as far as logos go.

How much would it cost to shorten a shirts sleeve length? I've had almost everything done from my tailor except this. TM Lewin is having a sale on their shirts but have no 35" length. Wondering if I should pay their $15 or have my tailor do it. Not sure if I can get to my tailor before this sale/coupon is over.

i pay 20$ for mine but it's perfect and i get it done by my shirt store ... my tailor is cool but i rather the work be done by the company .... if i have any issue they will resolve it ... if my tailor were to mess up ...
tired.gif

i would trust TM but how much would your tailor cost ... and how good is ur tailor ?

Lately my tailor has been on point.  Turned an over sized Indochino suit into a near perfect slim fit (Cost $86, but indo refunded me $70 or $75).  He has been a little late lately but that's it.  This coupon I have expires tomorrow, and doubt I can get to my tailor to see how much he will charge.  I'll probably just get it done from TM, and ask him for future reference.
your tailor sounds good, wish u had more time to ask questions b/c that what it comes down to. Then of course remember to wear your best fitting suit jacket so you can have the sleeves measured against it... that is if you're into the sleeves being 1/4-1/2 of an inch longer than your suit sleeve and if you don't rock a jacket ... your jacket should be 1/2 inch lower than your wrist bone ... best of luck w/ the shirts wither way ... semi custom is
pimp.gif
I rarely wear my suit.  Truthfully got it in the fall and only wore it once so far 
laugh.gif
  Had to take a headshot for my company bio.  I have a few mtm shirts from Indochino and I love them.  I just wish their selection was bigger and I wouldn't shop elsewhere.  Had one done from moderntailor and was very disappointed.  Need to e-mail them and have it redone. 

tired.gif

pimp.gif
I rarely wear my suit.  Truthfully got it in the fall and only wore it once so far 
laugh.gif
  Had to take a headshot for my company bio.  I have a few mtm shirts from Indochino and I love them.  I just wish their selection was bigger and I wouldn't shop elsewhere.  Had one done from moderntailor and was very disappointed.  Need to e-mail them and have it redone. 
i meant the sleeve on the shirt should be 1/2 lower than your wrist bone ... mtm is where it's at ... i'm working my way there ... more like a few years away

A very good piece from GQ featuring my dude from Inglorious Basterds, Christoph Waltz. My favorites:

christoph-waltz-1.jpg

christoph-waltz-2.jpg

christoph-waltz-4.jpg

christoph-waltz-5.jpg

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

Originally Posted by donjuan513

YO! I NEED THESE.

Agreed. 

I don't agree the logos not that big. If it was some ole Tommy hill from the 90's ok but that it will be hard for somebody to tell unless they you tell them are they staring. I wouldn't want the logo only for the fact that I don't like mixing brands of some things. That's just something I'm into.

What's up NT,
Been following this thread for the last two weeks or so and I'm seeing some great things. Just started working and I want to start dressing better.

Anyway, haven't had a pair of timberlands since high school (6 inch) and was thinking about getting another pair. What do you guys think of these? Can they be dressed up a bit? Suggestions?

timberland_yele_haiti_earthkeepers.jpg

All suggestions are welcomed and appreciated. 

Inside Photos: What I rocked today: Got everything on sale 
glasses.gif

394906498.jpg

Outside Photos: I've been rocking that belt for like the past 3 years
30t6p3b.gif
, even with brown shoes(swapped the belt for the photo) 
grin.gif

laugh.gif

So, I decided to hit the outlet today and the Clarks/Bostonian store had a sale on belts two for $30. Copped the tie from J. Crew, 40% 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RuffRydya08

anyone know how LV loafers / LV's in general like this fit? I wear a 10 in sneakers, any help appreciated.

Sneakers can mean anything though. I'm a 7 in Lanvin, 7.5 in Gucci, 8 in Margiela, 9.5 in chucks and 10 in Jordans.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

A very good piece from GQ featuring my dude from Inglorious Basterds, Christoph Waltz. My favorites:

christoph-waltz-1.jpg
christoph-waltz-2.jpg

christoph-waltz-4.jpg
christoph-waltz-5.jpg

I really like all of those, especially the dark brown suit.
And damn, it took 3-4 months for my first issue of GQ to arrive and it looks like it might take another 3-4 months for the next issue to come.
mad.gif

Took a pic of my beat up Sand DB. I wear these in the rain, snow, wherever. Looks totally different from a fresh pair, but it adds alot of character to the shoe IMO.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Took a pic of my beat up Sand DB. I wear these in the rain, snow, wherever. Looks totally different from a fresh pair, but it adds alot of character to the shoe IMO.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I need to get my money right to start buying more shoes. being poor sucks.

Back
Top Bottom