Driving With No Insurance.. Worth The Risk?

Insurance is hefty man
30t6p3b.gif
. As a college student who's never been pulled over or gotten any tickets, I think it's a waste big time and would definitely consider driving without it if it wasn't for my mom
laugh.gif

Insurance is hefty man
30t6p3b.gif
. As a college student who's never been pulled over or gotten any tickets, I think it's a waste big time and would definitely consider driving without it if it wasn't for my mom
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bc60997

and to Infrared -

What I was saying originally that when purchasing a car you have to factor in the cost to insure that vehicle.  If the insurance is too much as it appears to be for full coverage on your G35 which is considered a coupe or sports car then SORRY but you can't afford to drive that vehicle and should look to something that may not be your first choice. 
I guess a lot of this comes with experience and be able to see the bigger picture.
That's absolutely right - if you can't afford all the extras that go along with the car then you can't afford that car.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Wait I must have gotten the question wrong..
Everytime I got pulled over, I always told the officer I dont have the insurance card on me, my mom has it. I only got ticketed for it twice, but both just got dropped.

That wouldn't be the case if you killed someone though.

and to Infrared -

What I was saying originally that when purchasing a car you have to factor in the cost to insure that vehicle.  If the insurance is too much as it appears to be for full coverage on your G35 which is considered a coupe or sports car then SORRY but you can't afford to drive that vehicle and should look to something that may not be your first choice. 
I guess a lot of this comes with experience and be able to see the bigger picture.
That's absolutely right - if you can't afford all the extras that go along with the car then you can't afford that car.

Everytime I got pulled over, I always told the officer I dont have the insurance card on me, my mom has it. I only got ticketed for it twice, but both just got dropped.

Originally Posted by OnTheNephs

At the end of the day man, the other persons insurance will cover them for any costs if i dont have insurance. I get fined 5 gs and its all good. At least thats the law here in Toronto. And to get your plates here you dont have validate the insurance for them, i usually write like  a 11 number letter id and show it to them when im getting my stickers and tell them its whatever company and they pass the stickers down. I dont drive dangerously i don't do dumb shh but at the same time im just not going to pay 300 a month for no reason.

You are exactly right but what you fail to realize is just b/c the other company pays for their damages b/c you are uninsured doesn't mean your off the hook - THEN THEY COME AFTER YOU TO REPAY WHAT THEY PAID TO THEIR CLIENT who was not at fault for the accident.  It doesn't just go away and they can place liens against your credit that will provide more headaches than you care to imagine.

Originally Posted by OnTheNephs

At the end of the day man, the other persons insurance will cover them for any costs if i dont have insurance. I get fined 5 gs and its all good. At least thats the law here in Toronto. And to get your plates here you dont have validate the insurance for them, i usually write like  a 11 number letter id and show it to them when im getting my stickers and tell them its whatever company and they pass the stickers down. I dont drive dangerously i don't do dumb shh but at the same time im just not going to pay 300 a month for no reason.

You are exactly right but what you fail to realize is just b/c the other company pays for their damages b/c you are uninsured doesn't mean your off the hook - THEN THEY COME AFTER YOU TO REPAY WHAT THEY PAID TO THEIR CLIENT who was not at fault for the accident.  It doesn't just go away and they can place liens against your credit that will provide more headaches than you care to imagine.

drove for over a year without insurance. never got pulled over. never got in a wreck. got a different car and decided to get insurance. got pulled over within a month for some dumb stuff and cop asked for insurance. I felt like doin the harlem shake while handin my insurance card to him. so in conclusion, i dont really care either way unless i get in trouble.

drove for over a year without insurance. never got pulled over. never got in a wreck. got a different car and decided to get insurance. got pulled over within a month for some dumb stuff and cop asked for insurance. I felt like doin the harlem shake while handin my insurance card to him. so in conclusion, i dont really care either way unless i get in trouble.

Originally Posted by kdawg

Ya'll are being extreme as hell,
laugh.gif

Show me a newstory where it says: "A motorist killed two pedestrians, but everythings fine because he has State Farm as his insurance".

If you kill someone, and you are at fault and the family comes after you, you are screwed whether you have insurance or not.  Settlements for killing someone range in the millions, and 99% of the population do not have that type of coverage.

Driving without insurance is a risk, personally I wouldn't do it, but it's a choice many people have to make.  I just wish insurance companies would give some money back when their @%%@+* up formulas don't fit across the board.  It doesn't make you a morally corrupt human being, it doesn't make you a horrible driver, it doesn't even make you a bad human being.

Hell, I've been rear ended and I've bumped somebody (I was driving my cousins Suburban, it's automatic
grin.gif
, was jamming to some tunes and took my foot off the break, bumping the car in front of me).  Both times, both parties chose to keep the insurance companies out of the mix, irony
laugh.gif
.  However, insurance will dock you for minor %$+#.

I can see why most people hate the uninsured, 'cause they often run.  Uninsured motorist coverage
tired.gif

Another risk is that if you get hit and you don't have insurance, even if it's not your fault, you're screwed.

When buying a car insurance should be factored into that purchase not literally in the payments that are made obviously they would be to separate companies generally speaking.
laugh.gif
, the suicide rate for car salesmen would skyrocket.  It's hard enough to move cars as it is, they don't even mention hidden costs that they drop when you start talking financing (Tax, Vehicle License Fees, Registration, etc).  The smart thing is to get a quote before you hit the car lot, it's the consumers responsibility, not the seller/car dealer.

Originally Posted by kdawg

Ya'll are being extreme as hell,
laugh.gif

Show me a newstory where it says: "A motorist killed two pedestrians, but everythings fine because he has State Farm as his insurance".

If you kill someone, and you are at fault and the family comes after you, you are screwed whether you have insurance or not.  Settlements for killing someone range in the millions, and 99% of the population do not have that type of coverage.

Driving without insurance is a risk, personally I wouldn't do it, but it's a choice many people have to make.  I just wish insurance companies would give some money back when their @%%@+* up formulas don't fit across the board.  It doesn't make you a morally corrupt human being, it doesn't make you a horrible driver, it doesn't even make you a bad human being.

Hell, I've been rear ended and I've bumped somebody (I was driving my cousins Suburban, it's automatic
grin.gif
, was jamming to some tunes and took my foot off the break, bumping the car in front of me).  Both times, both parties chose to keep the insurance companies out of the mix, irony
laugh.gif
.  However, insurance will dock you for minor %$+#.

I can see why most people hate the uninsured, 'cause they often run.  Uninsured motorist coverage
tired.gif

Another risk is that if you get hit and you don't have insurance, even if it's not your fault, you're screwed.

When buying a car insurance should be factored into that purchase not literally in the payments that are made obviously they would be to separate companies generally speaking.
laugh.gif
, the suicide rate for car salesmen would skyrocket.  It's hard enough to move cars as it is, they don't even mention hidden costs that they drop when you start talking financing (Tax, Vehicle License Fees, Registration, etc).  The smart thing is to get a quote before you hit the car lot, it's the consumers responsibility, not the seller/car dealer.

Nothing happens. Give em your license and registration and they'll give you a dismissible ticket for having no insurance.

Word. These other guys dont know +*$ they're talking about.

Nothing happens. Give em your license and registration and they'll give you a dismissible ticket for having no insurance.

Word. These other guys dont know +*$ they're talking about.

^^^^ You have no idea what you are talking about lol...

In Texas they will tow your car on the spot - I work as an insurance actuary so I know much more than most.

In Texas they will tow your car on the spot - I work as an insurance actuary so I know much more than most.

Can you get me a discount on my insurance?

Back
Top Bottom