Drug Dealing Music Discussion

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

I believe the difference maker in this thread is "PARENTING".

Teachers in the classroom and the guardians in these childrens homes are soley responsible for feeding moral information.

These rappers/entertainers are not role models. However, the role models baggage comes along with being an entertainer because, you are a victim of the media.

Teachers and parents are to blame for childrens faults with being influenced by bad judgements.

I fortuneatly ( spellcheck for me NT
wink.gif
) have parents who have taught me the rights and wrongs of my early life.

Also i have went to private skool, so the teachers have been my guardians, and have taught me the rights and wrongs.

grin.gif
, i said that.

Originally Posted by YungSatellite

SEEING the dopeboys and drug dealers pushin the fly *!%%..dressin fresh, stacks of $$ in the pocket

SEEING is believing...

Dudes on the block hustlin influenced me more than a rapper..

That's where the conditioning comes from

Not music
This.

It wasn't We Got It For Cheap Vol.2, it was seeing my _ drop stacks in gucci, _'s i knew pullin up in benz coupes & x5

Originally Posted by jthagreat

i blame the parents

yep its pretty much that simple...its a lethal mix of...Bad parenting, oversaturation of the drug rap and personal situation

I was oversaturated with drug rap in my choice of music but my personal situation never called for me to sell drugs and my parents taught me the right values

any jacked up combination of that can lead a kid down the wrong path easily

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

I believe the difference maker in this thread is "PARENTING".

Teachers in the classroom and the guardians in these childrens homes are soley responsible for feeding moral information.

These rappers/entertainers are not role models. However, the role models baggage comes along with being an entertainer because, you are a victim of the media.

Teachers and parents are to blame for childrens faults with being influenced by bad judgements.

I fortuneatly ( spellcheck for me NT
wink.gif
) have parents who have taught me the rights and wrongs of my early life.

Also i have went to private skool, so the teachers have been my guardians, and have taught me the rights and wrongs.

grin.gif
, i said that.

i know
grin.gif

Originally Posted by LarryIndiana219

grin.gif
LarryIndiana219 wrote:

OP, rapping about kilo's is just a movie.

The rapper is painting a picture, to sell the "movie".

They just want to give to consumer action and excitement.

Could someone really be hype listening someone rapping about how good it was teaching a young kid that if they deal drugs they are going to go to jail.

Think about how WHACK that song would be.
ohwell.gif
I've made my point.

Sike...

Come on man...

i meant conscious rap... like no cussing and stuff
grin.gif

Man... you sound stupid, real talk.

grin.gif
you could play that on the radio.

Ya right. But alot of the N' word in that song
smh.gif

Originally Posted by 18key

Scarface the movie did more than Scarface the rapper to me
grin.gif
Pretty much. Looking at the time the movie came out, most of the rappers that talk about drugs in their music now were only kids at time thetime. Why wouldn't we expect them to talk about drugs, when Tony Montana made it look more realistic than the fantasy it was.

I mean, there are two kinds of "art" : one that imitates life and one that creates its own life.
Cocaine rap has pretty much been imitating [and glamorizing] a certain lifestyle for years.

My question is why does this society give these entertainers so much credit? Especially for problems that have already been around...

Originally Posted by Pmighty

wth does it mean when someone puts a "#" before a word or statement
It's that twitter stuff.

I don't know why ppl are posting like that here now. It's only to make something a trending topic.

This is why I hate rap now, all they rap about is money this, money that, poppin Nuvo and all of that crap. I can relate more to selling drugs than blowingmoney like it's nothing.

Originally Posted by Pmighty

wth does it mean when someone puts a "#" before a word or statement
#BURR #AYEE #CHYEA #iPutOn #NH #in2010 I will listen to more #cocainerap #NT
smokin.gif

Google "hashtags"

I havent read all the pages but rap is just another form of entertainment. I really dont feel like going into major detail but it comes to down the parents atthe end of the day

BAWSE! QUARTER BRICK HALF A BRICK WHOLE BRICK AYE! QUARTER POUND HALF A POUND WHOLE POUND OKAY! WASHER FULL OF CASH, DRIER FULL OF X-PILLS! IMMAT-R-A-P-S-T-A-R! YOU KNOW I KEEP DAT WHITE GURL.....CHRISTINA AGUILERA!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
wink.gif

Those are just some examples of drug dealing music within the genre of rap and or hip-hop itself.

^ Those are bad examples with no wit or thought involved, and are the raps that make it easy to target and criticize drug dealing music. Clipse, Rae, Biggieand others do it better and create music that's actually good.

Few songs are entirely about selling drugs.
And the ones that are (Clipseetc)..how many >16 year olds listen to Clipse
they listen to mainstream trash, and no kid is gonna look for a connect because they heard a few bars that glorified selling
The glorification of selling drugs has existed for ages the capones/mafia during prohibition and later on were expressed through movies..that stigma wasalready present.
Its all a fantasy.
You hear these freestyle/battle dudes that talk about bricks and onions..its just another subject to talk about.

and as stated before Clipse>>>>>>*
when it comes to drug dealing rap, and rap in general.
There is an art behind their work, its not as much just another topic for them to ramble about over catchy beats for sales

Back
Top Bottom